Trayce Jackson-Davis

48 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

Thanks for a good video. I understand his competitiveness and passion, but what a knucklehead. 

Knight survived the fiasco because he did that in the 80's and was a championship coach. McCaffrey needs to look in the mirror and calm down. 

Agree.  Not saying what Knight did was right.  But a big difference, Knight won B1G championships and National Championships.  Yes. big difference. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Agree.  Not saying what Knight did was right.  But a big difference, Knight won B1G championships and National Championships.  Yes. big difference. 

Coaches are way more constrained than they were in the past.  It was fun just watching the big ten games to watch the coaches with RMK, Keady, Heathcoate and Henson.  It seemed like they were not many games where you didn't at least see one blowup by a coach.

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Coaches are way more constrained than they were in the past.  It was fun just watching the big ten games to watch the coaches with RMK, Keady, Heathcoate and Henson.  It seemed like they were not many games where you didn't at least see one blowup by a coach.

I know what you mean. Like this :

Gene Keady technical 1990

And years later, Keady was still talking about Knight :

Moments That Make You Smile: “Bobby Knight” 

25 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

As much as I like to laugh at him, I think he is better coach than he gets credit for at times.  

Agreed.  You can never doubt his passion and I never get the feeling he has no idea what to do like I get with little ricky.

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Not just Fran.  But his wife has been known to come out of the stands, only to get thrown out of the house by the referees.  Great family there. 

I remember this happening to i think Gregg Marshall's wife, but i have never heard of it happening to Margaret McCaffery.  I could be wrong though

17 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I remember this happening to i think Gregg Marshall's wife, but i have never heard of it happening to Margaret McCaffery.  I could be wrong though

I know she got ejected once at Siena. Being a former star/player at ND at least she knows the game. Didn't know about it at Iowa but wouldn't surprise me. Alford's wife was routinely court side yelling at officials too. Maybe something in the water over there.

5 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Marshall’s wife was bombed out of her mind and talking smack to UK kids. She made good morning America or something for it lol. Security had to come over on numerous occasions. I reckon it might have cost Gregg a higher profile gig.

On 6/12/2018 at 8:29 AM, Seeking6 said:

I know she got ejected once at Siena. Being a former star/player at ND at least she knows the game. Didn't know about it at Iowa but wouldn't surprise me. Alford's wife was routinely court side yelling at officials too. Maybe something in the water over there.

Margaret dated my best friend for a few years when we were all in college when he and I were roommates, so I knew her pretty well back then. She's actually a very nice person, and apparently is a great mother not just to their kids but also to the kids on the Iowa basketball team - cooking meals for them and things of that sort. But, she's also got that streak of intensity that a lot of high level athletes have, too. 

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Speaking of TJD. Unless Dale has a twin...he looked in pretty damn good shape to me this morning on the Monon. We crossed paths twice near the Carmel Farmer's Market. Arms bulging. Looked like he could suit up still.

I always said that if I was ever important enough to need a bodyguard, I wanted Dale Davis as mine. 

On 6/16/2018 at 11:12 AM, Seeking6 said:

Speaking of TJD. Unless Dale has a twin...he looked in pretty damn good shape to me this morning on the Monon. We crossed paths twice near the Carmel Farmer's Market. Arms bulging. Looked like he could suit up still.

That was D-squared's game, he wasn't really skilled, just a banger and a bruiser in the paint.

1 hour ago, Hoosierdave said:

Maybe he's treating it like Romeo's commitment and we need to get to at least 250 pages before he pulls the trigger.

Uh oh...if that's the case, we've got a lot of work to do!

Seriously, if I were advising a kid on his decision today, my first instinct would be to point to Romeo's early leader (Louisville) and use that as exhibit A in the case for taking your time.  The downside to that is you run the risk of someone else committing and taking your scholarship.

...and yes, I understand it would take a pretty special player for IU to tell TJD "Sorry...we're all full!"

From espn insider's 'questions on the trail"

Can Indiana land in-state prospects?

84.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Archie Miller has done a remarkable job in recruiting over a short period of time. He landed the No.1 player in the state and No. 5 overall in Romeo Langford for this upcoming season.

Now Miller and his trusted staff are trying land back-to-back top players in the state. A few of their top targets include Isaiah Stewart, Trayce Jackson-Davis and Keion Brooks.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/23835879/players-know-recruiting-rankings-2019-2020-2021-classes

On 6/19/2018 at 6:27 PM, Hoosierdave said:

Good listen from Drew Davis (works with Rabjohns at Peegs). Talked about how big-name schools weren't offering TJD because they felt IU was so far ahead that it was a waste of their time. Also mentioned the KBJ recruitment is just beginning but IU is in good shape.

That would explain my biggest mystery on this recruitment as I did not understand the lack of blue blood attention.  With that said, HSN let’s get it done!

Archived