Trayce Jackson-Davis

38 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

We have Ed Schilling. I’m very confident that we will land both TJD and KB. 

TJD is the one I really want.  If Brooks is one and done as many speculate I'm not sure he moves the needle for us much next season if at all.  We'll already have Hunter, Smith, Race, Davis, etc.  I doubt he's going to be better than a sophomore Hunter or junior Smith.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

We can talk of Romeo and others.  However, perhaps the recruitment of Ed may be Archie's greatest recruitment. 

I've said many times that Ed is one of the 5 most valuable assistant coaches in the country.   If it takes 7 figures to keep him here then Fred would be an idiot not to pay it.

16 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I've said many times that Ed is one of the 5 most valuable assistant coaches in the country.   If it takes 7 figures to keep him here then Fred would be an idiot not to pay it.

At times. People tend to discount the value of an assistant.  I am pleased that you and many others recognize the value that Ed brings to our program.

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We have home football games with Iowa and Penn St on 10/13 and 10/20. If I were guessing it will be on one of those weekends. 

They always have it on a weekend when the football team is on the road.  I don't remember a time when they have had it on the same day as a home football game.

On 6/23/2018 at 1:42 PM, dbmhoosier said:

TJD is the one I really want.  If Brooks is one and done as many speculate I'm not sure he moves the needle for us much next season if at all.  We'll already have Hunter, Smith, Race, Davis, etc.  I doubt he's going to be better than a sophomore Hunter or junior Smith.

I would say Hunter and Brooks play different positions than the rest. I can easily see a lineup of Green, Hunter, Brooks, Smith and TJD. 

"I’m going to wait until after July to cut my list, just in case any schools come in and I want to see what they have to say."

I have a family member in his class at CG.  The conventional wisdom is apparently that if one certain school came into the picture it would be a game changer.  Because of that, his statement above caught my attention.

7 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

"I’m going to wait until after July to cut my list, just in case any schools come in and I want to see what they have to say."

I have a family member in his class at CG.  The conventional wisdom is apparently that if one certain school came into the picture it would be a game changer.  Because of that, his statement above caught my attention.

Do you know which school? Interested in knowing which specific one...

47 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

That's a bit troubling to read. 

8 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Mu guess is Duke. Cal, Roy, and Self all spend time in Indiana each year so they know about TJD and vice versa. Only one that doesn't spend much time here (if any) is K. 

30 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Nothing to see here. 

Yeah, it is definitely a "take it for what it's worth" considering that it is coming from a teenager and it is not first hand.  Everyone at CG likes to talk like they know him.  It was just an interesting comment from TJD after having heard what I heard.  No reason to panic.

48 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I really like this kid.  He reminds me of a morgan but better at a younger age.

Yea he kinda does remind of Morgan some how. I feel like he could possibly be 3 year player for us to. Maybe I'm wrong because NBA does draft a lot on potential but I feel like he has a long way to go with his shooting before he is league ready but a fantastic finisher around the basket and off misses. He also seems to have a little bit of ability to put the ball on the floor. I'd be estatic for us to graduate morgan and then TJD come in and fill his spot. 

(From the TJD interview on inside the hall)

"On the most important factors when it comes to cutting his list and making a decision: 'Definitely the players that are coming in. The relationship with the head coach, the feeling of the atmosphere. I know that when I make my decision, it will be the right choice.'”

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that he is waiting so long to commit yet wants to have a good recruiting class to be a part of? Considering that he mentioned he has talked to Carton & Hurt about IU, why not just commit now and allow the staff more time/resources to go after Carton, Hurt, Brooks, Watford, etc. I'm not exactly sure how waiting it out until the fall would help that happen...

4 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

(From the TJD interview on inside the hall)

"On the most important factors when it comes to cutting his list and making a decision: 'Definitely the players that are coming in. The relationship with the head coach, the feeling of the atmosphere. I know that when I make my decision, it will be the right choice.'”

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that he is waiting so long to commit yet wants to have a good recruiting class to be a part of? Considering that he mentioned he has talked to Carton & Hurt about IU, why not just commit now and allow the staff more time/resources to go after Carton, Hurt, Brooks, Watford, etc. I'm not exactly sure how waiting it out until the fall would help that happen...

When looking through the lens of my life....  Between work and every day dealings, after moving in December, I have yet to submit my change of address to the BMV. 

With studies, college suitors, all day in class, and high school relationships (friends, girlfriend(s), and family), it could take that long to cement not only his choice in IU, but to feel he has done what he can to recruit others to follow.  Perhaps, although I feel IU is the clear leader atm, he wants to make 100% sure its IU.

4 hours ago, PoHoosier said:

When looking through the lens of my life....  Between work and every day dealings, after moving in December, I have yet to submit my change of address to the BMV. 

With studies, college suitors, all day in class, and high school relationships (friends, girlfriend(s), and family), it could take that long to cement not only his choice in IU, but to feel he has done what he can to recruit others to follow.  Perhaps, although I feel IU is the clear leader atm, he wants to make 100% sure its IU.

I don't blame him whatsoever for waiting to make the right decision and not feel any regrets. I just found it interesting that he made it a point to mention that the incoming class would have an impact on his decision (maybe he meant the 2018 class). I think Trayce knows that if IU is the school he wants to go to and he cares that much about who he teams up with, you would assume that he would want to commit sooner in the hopes that it would positively sway the guys he wants to play with (Carton, Hurt, Brooks, Watford etc.) before they make their decisions. 

Archived