Trayce Jackson-Davis

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I agree.  I really like his game and in the end, a half-inch or even an inch won't make much difference.  I feel the same way about Carton.  Dude plays a lot bigger than he measures.

I just get amused at how the numbers are almost always stretched.

Oh yea always are! Maybe Trayce only being 6'8 will keep him at IU for 3+ years. Maybe Carton will be the next Yogi or Jalen Brunson. I feel like both of those guys could dominate college ball but the pros might be hiesitant on them because they don't measure out well with huge wing spans Etc that they fall in love with so much. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 5 championships said:

Oh yea always are! Maybe Trayce only being 6'8 will keep him at IU for 3+ years. Maybe Carton will be the next Yogi or Jalen Brunson. I feel like both of those guys could dominate college ball but the pros might be hiesitant on them because they don't measure out well with huge wing spans Etc that they fall in love with so much. 

He's 6'9 pushing 6'10. He isnt a supreme athlete... solid athlete but not a big time athlete. That's why he'll be here 3 years. 

17 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Look at the ACTUAL measurements that were posted earlier this summer by Boom Baby. Those are the no bullshit measurements that had DJ Carton under 6 feet and Trace at 6-7 no shoes and 6-8.5 in shoes. That's not my numbers and it's not biased numbers either. Those numbers may be a month old at most. 

I think they are in the 2019 Recruiting Hub but I'm going from memory on that part.

I'm going off what my best friend tells me (who coaches him every single day). 

Can't teach height.  I am a firm believer in that.

Yet, height can still be a measure of the mind and will.

Despite his height of just 5-3, Muggsy Bogues, managed to block 39 shots during his NBA career.

Muggsy Bogues Blocks Ewing 

And then, there are times when it helps to being the shortest man on the court, going up against some of the best in the business.

5 of Muggsy Bogues' Defensive Stops Against Hall of Famers 

29 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

image.png.bd8fabb4df4c9d92a24a57ae6f55eeca.png

This is right where we need to be. I think we are in excellent shape for both Brooks and TJD and these predictions show that. We could be prime for one of the all time great classes with TJD and KB. A class of TJD, KB, Carton and Newman would be phenomenal. 

I don't think it will happen - but could you imagine if Romeo stayed a 2nd year with this class? My goodness, we would be hands on favorites to win the National Championship

8 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

This is right where we need to be. I think we are in excellent shape for both Brooks and TJD and these predictions show that. We could be prime for one of the all time great classes with TJD and KB. A class of TJD, KB, Carton and Newman would be phenomenal. 

I don't think it will happen - but could you imagine if Romeo stayed a 2nd year with this class? My goodness, we would be hands on favorites to win the National Championship

My Bananas would be soooo excited.....  :nansplit::jumprope:

11 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

That would be absolutely insane. Good luck getting a ticket to a game. 

33 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Not to ruin the fun but why does everyone keep predicting a 4 man class....and if Romeo stayed we would only have room for 2. Don’t get me wrong I’d love him to stay for two but we can’t get all these guys. 

So if Romeo goes we have 3 spots...so even then how do we fit 4? I guess people think someone leaves so who is the guess? Moore transfers? I don’t see another player going pro unless say Smith just really breaks out. I love our freshman class but it’s hard to predict any outside Langford is going to break out this year given the upper class man we have ahead of them. I think TJD is a must get....Carton would be an important get given our PG depth. Brooks is maybe the best of the bunch but we do have depth to overcome if he goes elsewhere.

48 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

If Romeo stays then there would be no room for a 4 man class unless we have two guys transfer.

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Not to ruin the fun but why does everyone keep predicting a 4 man class....and if Romeo stayed we would only have room for 2. Don’t get me wrong I’d love him to stay for two but we can’t get all these guys. 

So if Romeo goes we have 3 spots...so even then how do we fit 4? I guess people think someone leaves so who is the guess? Moore transfers? I don’t see another player going pro unless say Smith just really breaks out. I love our freshman class but it’s hard to predict any outside Langford is going to break out this year given the upper class man we have ahead of them. I think TJD is a must get....Carton would be an important get given our PG depth. Brooks is maybe the best of the bunch but we do have depth to overcome if he goes elsewhere.

It's been said more than once that the staff wants or expects a 4-man class.  While a 3-man class would mean that IU misses on a player I'd love to have, it also means that no one has to leave, assuming Romeo does what I think he does.  With very few exceptions, I don't wish for ANY player to leave IU.  A player leaving feels like failure to me and I don't want to see any failures, regardless of who's fault the failure is.  I tend to grow fond of IU players (loved Kevin's in-car interview with De'Ron today) and I hate seeing them go.  It's just the way I'm wired.

That being said, zero transfers is simply not realistic.  If someone left the program for another college, based on what I see from Clifton Moore visually, one of the freshmen would be more likely.  Clifton is rounding into a physical beast and if he shows the skills I think he's capable of showing, no one who loves IU will want him gone.

EDIT: By the way, another quality post...very glad you've decided to do more than lurk.

39 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We would more than likely have transfer. I think it will be a four man class.

Archived