Trayce Jackson-Davis

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

It's been said more than once that the staff wants or expects a 4-man class.  While a 3-man class would mean that IU misses on a player I'd love to have, it also means that no one has to leave, assuming Romeo does what I think he does.  With very few exceptions, I don't wish for ANY player to leave IU.  A player leaving feels like failure to me and I don't want to see any failures, regardless of who's fault the failure is.  I tend to grow fond of IU players (loved Kevin's in-car interview with De'Ron today) and I hate seeing them go.  It's just the way I'm wired.

That being said, zero transfers is simply not realistic.  If someone left the program for another college, based on what I see from Clifton Moore visually, one of the freshmen would be more likely.  Clifton is rounding into a physical beast and if he shows the skills I think he's capable of showing, no one who loves IU will want him gone.

EDIT: By the way, another quality post...very glad you've decided to do more than lurk.

So if not Clifton ...who I think will be behind Smith and Race and then would likely be behind TJD imo a freshman coming in then I guess Al would be next likely imo if Robert comes on and then we bring in Carton as well. Can’t see him getting any time ahead of those two. Guess we just see how year plays out...but I think this freshman class even if Langford leaves early will be a force and carve out playing time quickly. I’m especially keeping my eye on Hunter...don’t sleep on him.

thanks...this board seems very open and welcoming even to differenting opinions...unlike some others I’ve looked at. Glad to be here.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So if not Clifton ...who I think will be behind Smith and Race and then would likely be behind TJD imo a freshman coming in then I guess Al would be next likely imo if Robert comes on and then we bring in Carton as well. Can’t see him getting any time ahead of those two. Guess we just see how year plays out...but I think this freshman class even if Langford leaves early will be a force and carve out playing time quickly. I’m especially keeping my eye on Hunter...don’t sleep on him.

thanks...this board seems very open and welcoming even to differenting opinions...unlike some others I’ve looked at. Glad to be here.

I don't think ANYBODY is a good candidate to transfer, but if I had to guess with all of the depth and experience, one of the freshmen will get impatient about lack of playing time.  Last year's class has a huge advantage over the freshmen with a year in Archie's system.  I expect at least one, if not two freshmen will be behind the sophs in the depth chart.  Eventually, if they are all doing everything they are being asked to do and still getting splinters in their butts, someone is going to move on.  Don't like anyone leaving, but there are no Prillers on this roster.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

You have hit upon the foundation behind the reason Hoosier Sports Nation was founded by Colonial Crester, several years ago.  To have a forum where IU fans could come to have civil discussions and offer opinions, without fear for getting attacked for expressing their thoughts or opinions.

This is our third iteration. First breaking away from John Decker's Hoosier Nation on the old Scout platform, to establish the Hoosier Sports Nation, as an independent forum.  Next up was a merger with CBS/247, upon their request to join up with Inside Indiana on their platform.  However, when CBS/247 chose not to renew our contract with them, the decision was made to strike out on own independent  platform again. 

I have been a part of this process for well over 10 years now.  And I can assure you that all of our moderators continue to work hard, each and every day to maintain  an environment conducive to a place where all IU fans are welcome to express their opinions and thoughts in a civil manner.

Please read our simple rules, if you haven't already.  And should you ever have a problem or issue, please get in contact with one of them via private message. They all are more than willing to listen, and help.

Glad that you are here.

2 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I don't think ANYBODY is a good candidate to transfer, but if I had to guess with all of the depth and experience, one of the freshmen will get impatient about lack of playing time.  Last year's class has a huge advantage over the freshmen with a year in Archie's system.  I expect at least one, if not two freshmen will be behind the sophs in the depth chart.  Eventually, if they are all doing everything they are being asked to do and still getting splinters in their butts, someone is going to move on.  Don't like anyone leaving, but there are no Prillers on this roster.

Indeed...thank God for that! I would have said Davis if it wasn’t for the fact he is so much older and probably wouldn’t want to sit out a year. Just trying to figure out who would want to leave since I’m so far from you guys close to the team. My thoughts were Al and Clifton since they struggled to bring much this year...but agree the freshman are a year behind but this class looks special. I worry about Anderson because I think he could play at a lot of other places right away but if he is patient he can bring a lot to the team. Going to be an exciting year to follow them but stressful since this is the first time I have expectations since 2013.

11 hours ago, Indykev said:

I sure hope TJD is just tired from a busy summer. I just watch 3/4 of his AAU game and he was abused by everyone he guarded. No hustle just jogging around. Brooks not much better.

Very likely.  These kids don't get much of a break anymore with multiple AAU programs and tourneys and the season.

13 hours ago, Indykev said:

I sure hope TJD is just tired from a busy summer. I just watch 3/4 of his AAU game and he was abused by everyone he guarded. No hustle just jogging around. Brooks not much better.

I didn't get to see anything but were these other top recruits or lesser players just out working them. I could easily see in the midst of multiple games over multiple days that mean little to nothing where a kid says hey I'm going up against a 5 star recruit I can get noticed and just out hustle and work. I imagine these 5 star kids have a bullseye on their backs at these events....why the rankings change up all the time. It's troubling perhaps if we didn't have all the other tape on the two Indiana kids...I'm pretty confident when the lights come on they will be there ready to play.

38 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I didn't get to see anything but were these other top recruits or lesser players just out working them. I could easily see in the midst of multiple games over multiple days that mean little to nothing where a kid says hey I'm going up against a 5 star recruit I can get noticed and just out hustle and work. I imagine these 5 star kids have a bullseye on their backs at these events....why the rankings change up all the time. It's troubling perhaps if we didn't have all the other tape on the two Indiana kids...I'm pretty confident when the lights come on they will be there ready to play.

For sure in regards to the bulls eye....

37 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Good points. You want a player that will rise to the challenge- even against lesser competition. With IU coaches watching, You would figure they would putting forth the effort so it leads me to believe they might be physically or mentally worn down.

22 minutes ago, INDenizen said:

I know my daughter, who plays AAU, sometimes plays up to 4 games on a saturday, often with no break inbetween some of them. These kids wear down. I don't know if that was the case with TJD and KB, but it could be.

It's crazy isn't it? My high schooler who used to play AAU would have AAU tourneys like that, where they played between 2 and 4 games a day. Crazy.

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Even IU players look tired when playing games on 1 day rest.  These kids are playing alot of games in a short amount of time.  Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water here.  They wouldn't be 5* recruits if they played like this every game.

THIS^^^^

2 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Even IU players look tired when playing games on 1 day rest.  These kids are playing alot of games in a short amount of time.  Lets not throw the baby out with the bath water here.  They wouldn't be 5* recruits if they played like this every game.

Indeed. We have plenty of tape with them going up against the cream of the crop to know they can hold their own. Sucks they had a bad game or two on such a big stage but I'm confident it's not an issue. Tired...not being involved in the offense (happens with lots of bigs in these AAU games etc)...but I feel like we have seen enough to know these are great kids.

Archived