Trayce Jackson-Davis

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Apologies I don't know if there are certain websites that are frowned upon being linked to. Hope this one is ok.

One of the refreshing things about this forum is that to my knowledge, there are no such college sports related websites on any list that I'm aware of.  The only irritation I have is seeing a link for ESPN Insider or another pay service I'm not subscribed to.

As far as I can see, this forum welcomes "competitor" material so long as it's properly attributed.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Agreed...and I perhaps started steering this away...to get it back...I think TJD's performance in the peach jam has fully entrenched him in the 5 star camp. He really lit it up against Vernon Carey a top 5 big in his class. https://www.insidethehall.com/2018/07/16/july-evaluation-period-rewind-jackson-davis-goes-for-24-and-18-in-final-peach-jam-game/

Apologies I don't know if there are certain websites that are frowned upon being linked to. Hope this one is ok.

ITH is always good. We are fine with noting information on other sites (if not behind a paywall) so long as a link is provided for proper source credit, thanks.

Please excuse my stirring of the pot, surprised nobody mentioned this here yet. I guess we should keep an eye on OSU? Someone enlighten me here. If I recall, TJD mentioned visiting there at some stage. Man I’d hate if these kids both went there...

225F42D9-4E04-4979-973B-6EA49F1AFE8B.jpeg

066C389F-FDE7-4949-8FD5-BFAB7FF0621E.jpeg

-your least favorite HSN twitter scientist

6 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I appreciate what you are saying. I really do.  However for months I have been wondering why we have an off topic thread in a basketball forum, when we have an entire off topic forum..... called, "The Animal House."

Why don’t we just start an Archie Miller vs. the world thread and all things Archie including who he lands, his coaching style, or recruiting techniques compared to the rest of the coaching world.

Hey everyone from Bloomington. It has been a long hot summer and everybody is ready for classes to start and football to resume. Basketball is the talk of the town though with Romeo and Juwan coming back and the foundation being laid.

I just wanted to interject that in my classes many times when I am lecturing about a certain topic, I will ask for the students input, which getting students these days to raise their hands and comment is very hard to do. So when it happens, I am always happy to listen. Many times I find though they will interject something about a subject that starts off in a different direction. I find when this happens that we may stray from the topic at hand, but we find interesting knowledge that is tied to the "whole" subject at hand, or what my class is based on or at least the lecture at that time. I find these sidebars to be some of the most interesting topics, since it reveals what my students are thinking, and what is important to them. In our case, I think it reveals what can be important to each of us fans, what we value, and how each player fits into our perceived vision of the future, and matching it with CAM's.

I think there is something to be said for this, since we are still sussing out what CAM is all about. This is going to be HIS second recruiting class, so it is incredibly important, and continues to identify the attributes he identifies as important to him and how he will form our base. We will need 3-4 classes to see the total plan in action. I for one find these discussions as long as they don't take over threads to be invaluable, because you find bits of knowledge that are related, but you never really considered before. Hope everyone is having a good summer and excited for football and especially bball to start.

20 minutes ago, Iuprof said:

Hey everyone from Bloomington. It has been a long hot summer and everybody is ready for classes to start and football to resume. Basketball is the talk of the town though with Romeo and Juwan coming back and the foundation being laid.

I just wanted to interject that in my classes many times when I am lecturing about a certain topic, I will ask for the students input, which getting students these days to raise their hands and comment is very hard to do. So when it happens, I am always happy to listen. Many times I find though they will interject something about a subject that starts off in a different direction. I find when this happens that we may stray from the topic at hand, but we find interesting knowledge that is tied to the "whole" subject at hand, or what my class is based on or at least the lecture at that time. I find these sidebars to be some of the most interesting topics, since it reveals what my students are thinking, and what is important to them. In our case, I think it reveals what can be important to each of us fans, what we value, and how each player fits into our perceived vision of the future, and matching it with CAM's.

I think there is something to be said for this, since we are still sussing out what CAM is all about. This is going to be HIS second recruiting class, so it is incredibly important, and continues to identify the attributes he identifies as important to him and how he will form our base. We will need 3-4 classes to see the total plan in action. I for one find these discussions as long as they don't take over threads to be invaluable, because you find bits of knowledge that are related, but you never really considered before. Hope everyone is having a good summer and excited for football and especially bball to start.

Welcome back !  ☝️

33 minutes ago, Iuprof said:

I don't think my daughter is ready for classes to start again at IU

12 minutes ago, Max said:

Ugh

Not afraid at all. Based on what I am hearing.  Also., we have a track record, when it come to Ole Boy Roy.... going after an Indiana kid.  Cody Zeller.  Yeah, I know about Luke. But one has to consider the IU coach at that time.   Loved the fact that Roy made a last ditch effort coming to Washington for breakfast, just before Cody chose IU over UNC.  

I just wanted you guys to know who has thrown his cap into the ring...... late. 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Not afraid at all. Based on what I am hearing.  Also., we have a track record, when it come to Ole Boy Roy.... going after an Indiana kid.  Cody Zeller.  Yeah, I know about Luke. But one has to consider the IU coach at that time.   Loved the fact that Roy made a last ditch effort coming to Washington for breakfast, just before Cody chose IU over UNC.  

Luke went to Notre Dame,Tyler is the Zeller that went Carolina blue

I’m more worried about a team in the state I live in getting Brooks and TJD. I don’t think I could stomach that. When Lyles went there I became truly ill for a year lol.

After Romeo if we can keep Brooks from going to UK I will officially trust Archie with the state. I will feel confident we will keep our best on a regular basis.

47 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

It always worries me when blue blood schools get involved but if we want to hang that 6th banner, we're going to have to get a lot more used to having our top targets drawing interest from those programs.

It's obviously frustrating having TJD not committed by now but it will be that much sweeter when we beat these programs out and they can't just say, "well, we never offered/ we weren't interested anyway".

I just hope that guys like TJD realize that the only thing preventing IU from returning to its glory days would be if they decided to go elsewhere. I really think Coach Miller will become the next big thing. He's already a top 15/20 coach and he's roughly 15-25 years younger than guys like Cal, Izzo, Self, Williams, etc. 

40 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

It always worries me when blue blood schools get involved but if we want to hang that 6th banner, we're going to have to get a lot more used to having our top targets drawing interest from those programs.

It's obviously frustrating having TJD not committed by now but it will be that much sweeter when we beat these programs out and they can't just say, "well, we never offered/ we weren't interested anyway".

I just hope that guys like TJD realize that the only thing preventing IU from returning to its glory days would be if they decided to go elsewhere. I really think Coach Miller will become the next big thing. He's already a top 15/20 coach and he's roughly 15-25 years younger than guys like Cal, Izzo, Self, Williams, etc. 

Agree.  So frustrating to me . That at one time, a kid I considered to be an IU lock.  Blows up on the national stage and uses that stage.  Romeo in contrast. Blew up on the national stage, but, bless his heart.... actually limited the majors chasing after him.   Time for Trayce to do the same. But my understanding, Trayce , as of tonight, is expanding the numbers of schools he plans to visit.

My word to Trayce.  Remember who was first to love you, baby !

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Agree.  So frustrating to me . That at one time, a kid I considered to be an IU lock.  Blows up on the national stage and uses that stage.  Romeo in contrast. Blew up on the national stage, but, bless his heart.... actually limited the majors chasing after him.   Time for Trayce to do the same. But my understanding, Trayce , as of tonight, is expanding the numbers of schools he plans to visit.

My word to Trayce.  Remember who was first to love you, baby !

As long as he ends up at IU, he can expand his visits to every D1 Program lol. I remember hearing a Peegs writer mention on a podcast that the only reason that TJD doesn't have all the big schools offering to him is due to the fact that they felt IU was too far ahead for it to be worth their time.

One thing that does concern me with him (and KBJ) is them waiting past the fall to decide. I know that people feel it will be a 4 person class but there are only 2 guaranteed spots to be open (and I'd personally love to see Romeo come back for a 2nd year). I'd hate to see someone we aren't prioritizing as much as them pull a Forrester and commit immediately after the visit.  

10 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

It’s my understanding that Tyler was coming here until the official visit, where some of our players weren’t exactly behaving with the law...

Juxtapose that with TJD and KBJ coming to Bloomington for Hoosier Hysteria and their officials and hanging out with quality guys that they know well like Romeo, Damezi and Phinisee.  It can be uncomfortable to see these guys go through the process, but most would do the same if given the chance.  We continue to be in good shape here.

7 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

And the griping about Carton's recruitment being dirty that has started to permeate the board is just sour grapes.

🤷🏻‍♂️ As we’ve seen, commitments that “come out of nowhere” usually come from somewhere.

Edit - I’m also not griping — good on Holtmann for landing the kid.  Just acknowledging the way the recruiting game is played.

14 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

🤷🏻‍♂️ As we’ve seen, commitments that “come out of nowhere” usually come from somewhere.

Edit - I’m also not griping — good on Holtmann for landing the kid.  Just acknowledging the way the recruiting game is played.

With the FBI and NCAA looking, i doubt Carton was a dirty recruitment.  i don't see why he chose OSU over UM or IU but i don't think it was dirty. 

Archived