Trayce Jackson-Davis

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Well O.K, now that we have all of this out of the way, any updates to pass along???

Well.  At the risk of being accused of being an "insider".  Which I am not.  And being attacked for not revealing a source.  Which, I won't unless given the ok to do so. 

There is this.  Trayce has made note of the fact that his newest suitor... UNC... has barely made contact with him.... while Archie continues to make him (Trayce) aware that Trayce currently is Archies' number one priority. 

Now.  Have I said Trayce is an IU lock ?  Like I once thought he was ?  No.   All I am saying is that Trayce is very much aware of the interest Archie continues to show in him.... much like what I said  went on with Romeo.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

BTW Mile.....  I and my bananas thank you.....  :nansplit::jumprope:

I love bananas.  Thanks.

Interesting fact.  If all a person ever ate was bacon, they would die.  While, if all a person ever ate was bananas... they would live.

2 hours ago, DocHoosier said:

Doc approves. Medical fact 

A Doc approved milehiiu statement of an interesting fact.  It does not get any better than that.  Thanks Doc.   And I love that you are part of this family. You. and IUProf , along with so many, many others are what makes HSN so great. 

Great work as always @The Daily Hoosier

Related to TJD’s recruitment - remember to remind yourself that he’s going to most likely(I think confirmed) visit for HH, which is going to be absolutely nuts this year. And for all the kids saying they’re going to wait until spring - I’ll take our staff in a marathon recruitment 10 out of 10 times after what we witnessed with Romeo. Anything is possible. Let’s go boys. 

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, 5 championships said:

To be clear I wasn't referring to anyone in particular it just frustrates me when people are having doubts or maybe thinking holtmann is better after year one when Archie doesnt get a recruit that wasn't even a must get. 

Archie exceeded expectations last year as well. Finishing 6th was a good year for that team. There is also a significant differcme netween BTPOY and second team all big ten. Ohio state by far had more talent. Add add that to the fact of learning a completely different style of basketball has a big effect. I've played college ball and witnessed it first hand going from one coach to another and their styles are completely different. You are so trained to do one think it takes awhile to learn a new way of winning. 

Now which program was better Dayton In the A-10 or Butler in the BIG East? What Archie did at Dayton was more impressive than what Holtmann did at an already established program that's used to going deep in the tourney and he took them one round farther. 

Hotlman could end up having a better career than Archie although I doudt it. My post was just for the people that may be down or posting some negative stuff because we didn't get one guy. Don't forget what Archie has accomplished already and the fact that he signed Romeo Langford in year 1 who we had absolutely no shot to get with Tom Crean. Let's see what he can do with a team that actually has enough talent to do something. I'll be the first person to criticize Archie when he messes up but I'm no where near doudting us hiring him over Holtman at the moment. 

We had talent last year, but it didn't fit together or compliment each other like Ohio State's roster did.  That is the difference. 

37 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

We had talent last year, but it didn't fit together or compliment each other like Ohio State's roster did.  That is the difference. 

I understand what you are saying but I wouldn't call Josh Newkirk talented lol. I see Juwan Morgan and Rob Johnson as the only good BIG caliber players.

Justin Smith sure but he should of been coming off the bench on a good squad and just now starting this year. Al on a good team would of sat back and been developed instead was forced into playing. Green wildely inconsistent wouldn't of played much on a good team. Mcroberts is a bench player where you use him in spurts like he will be this year. not a starter.  Hartman was about in a wheel chair at seasons end... bottom half of the NCAA's In 3 point percentage. Mcrebound freddie that couldn't make a shot outside 5 feet starting?? Actually struggled to make layups to be honest. He wasn't very talented just hustled. 

I I see a roster that has some players playing big minutes and roles a year to early. And seniors that were mostly ineffective, bench players, or just flat out poor. But talent is probably the last thing I think of when i look at that roster.  

On 7/21/2018 at 6:17 PM, milehiiu said:

I love bananas.  Thanks.

Interesting fact.  If all a person ever ate was bacon, they would die.  While, if all a person ever ate was bananas... they would live.

Ummm,  even if you eat only bananas, you're still going to die....eventually.

1 hour ago, Muddy River said:

Ummm,  even if you eat only bananas, you're still going to die....eventually.

No, bananas make life eternal, litttle known fact. 

But in a real story, I remember a news story about some kids who got locked in a box car while clowning around at a rail yard. The train went all the away across the country. I think it was something like 6 or 7 days until they were found and rescued.

But they were healthy, and generally ok — because the box car was stacked with.... Beer! 

So you can live on beer, for a long time!

14 hours ago, 5 championships said:

I understand what you are saying but I wouldn't call Josh Newkirk talented lol. I see Juwan Morgan and Rob Johnson as the only good BIG caliber players.

Justin Smith sure but he should of been coming off the bench on a good squad and just now starting this year. Al on a good team would of sat back and been developed instead was forced into playing. Green wildely inconsistent wouldn't of played much on a good team. Mcroberts is a bench player where you use him in spurts like he will be this year. not a starter.  Hartman was about in a wheel chair at seasons end... bottom half of the NCAA's In 3 point percentage. Mcrebound freddie that couldn't make a shot outside 5 feet starting?? Actually struggled to make layups to be honest. He wasn't very talented just hustled. 

I I see a roster that has some players playing big minutes and roles a year to early. And seniors that were mostly ineffective, bench players, or just flat out poor. But talent is probably the last thing I think of when i look at that roster.  

Just so you know, we are saying the same thing, but I just was too lazy to elaborate.  I don't like the comparisons to Holtmann and Archie.  There are people arguing that they were dealt the same deck and they were not.  Ohio State had a more complete team with talent in the upper class that IU didn't.  Also, they underachieved the previous season due to injuries and those people came back Holtman's first year.  I am just saying it isn't apples and oranges.

Archived