Trayce Jackson-Davis

2 hours ago, zerawkid said:

Please don’t mistake this for pessimism, because I think Archie is the real deal, but I would like to see consistent and sustained recruiting success before I toss another program under what used to be our bus.

Fair comment. We got Romeo, but we have to land a few more to truly get out from under that bus.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Sounds like the poor dude had it coming though.  Drunk off his ass, pounding on cars at 1 am, and he decked someone before being slugged himself.

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. I'm very sympathetic to the coach here...if some drunk is pounding on my car, I'd probably punch him too. I don't see any justice in charging the coach with murder based on the story I read.

You know he's going to get sued as well. Just seems wrong to me.

10 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. I'm very sympathetic to the coach here...if some drunk is pounding on my car, I'd probably punch him too. I don't see any justice in charging the coach with murder based on the story I read.

You know he's going to get sued as well. Just seems wrong to me.

It's weird in New York. Unlike Florida...in New York they expect their citizens to retreat if they can. 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yes. I was just saying in New York (where this happened) they are expected to retreat first. Act second. 

Exact opposite here in Texas. But regardless this is after the guy punched someone else --

12 hours ago, Indykev said:

Couple things. The charge is a misdemeanor - 3rd degree assault - and the coach punched the man after he (the man) punched another guy who had come outside while the man was banging on peoples' cars. Sounds like a situation where the coach should not have been charged, the man was clearly violent and had already punched another guy. Btw, NY cops get it wrong all the time.

9 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Sounds like Danny Manning is really getting that program back on the map. I hope he does...anyone beating Duke, UNC, Louisville and Syracuse get a nod from me. If he brings them back to a respected team making the tournament year in and out...I could see him replacing Self in Kansas eventually. He just can't have TJD.

17 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Switching up the schedule to make sure TJD plays Keion Brooks. 

Wouldn't it be more like Isaiah Stewart plays him? I doubt Brooks and him face off much....but yes...kind of sad for the Ft Wayne North kids how had this to look forward to and now they don't get an opportunity to play against another elite school in the state.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wouldn't it be more like Isaiah Stewart plays him? I doubt Brooks and him face off much....but yes...kind of sad for the Ft Wayne North kids how had this to look forward to and now they don't get an opportunity to play against another elite school in the state.

Not talking about individual matchups. But the switch was made from Brooks' old team to Brooks' new team. Stewart not involved with Ft Wayne North.

4 hours ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Not talking about individual matchups. But the switch was made from Brooks' old team to Brooks' new team. Stewart not involved with Ft Wayne North.

I understand. I was just implying how it was Brooks HS vs Trayce’s and that they would be going up against each other a lot I am sure. Now it will be Stewart’s team vs Trayce one on one and who the two best players are on each team. It goes from can Brooks lead his team past TJD to more like Brooks is just another guy on the team and not even the best player and the real battle will be the two bigs. It just kinda defeats the purpose of the match up.

Archived