Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am just saying that if Romeo decides he wants to play one more year of college basketball that would not make IU look bad

I actually disagree, it would look bad if Romeo were no longer considered top-5 pick and stayed due to his season @ IU.  Now, if he is going top-3 and chooses to stay for personal reasons, that would be different.  As long as Archie keeps him a top-5, we can call it a success as a one-and-done -- something we need to showcase for top recruits.

1 hour ago, hoosierdaddy said:

I actually disagree, it would look bad if Romeo were no longer considered top-5 pick and stayed due to his season @ IU.  Now, if he is going top-3 and chooses to stay for personal reasons, that would be different.  As long as Archie keeps him a top-5, we can call it a success as a one-and-done -- something we need to showcase for top recruits.

Is he currently in the top 5 range based on projections? I don't follow that. I know he is not Cody but Cody was considered top 10 before and after Freshman season. I just don't see it as a downside as long as he stays near the top. There have been some top 3 picks from crappy teams. If a guy chooses to come back to help his team achieve something special it is a win win for the program.

1 hour ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Anywhere in the lottery is fine. Guys’ projected slots change depending on all kinds of factors and who is doing the projection. He’ll probably be top 5 to 8 or so but you’ve got Euro possibilities and could be bigs who could go ahead of him etc. 

2 hours ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Bridges stayed a year which may have hurt stock, but Izzo put a role player top 5 in JJJ.  Null effect.

I disagree. Izzo made a future top 5 pick into a role player. Jackson should have got more time IMO. He was 8th rated recruit in the nation coming in and his per40 stats are insane.

2 hours ago, cybergates said:

I disagree. Izzo made a future top 5 pick into a role player. Jackson should have got more time IMO. He was 8th rated recruit in the nation coming in and his per40 stats are insane.

You're looking at the specifics of JJJ, and probably knew him as a recruit in Indiana.  I live in Miami and no one knew of JJJ and the consensus was 'wow' after his summer league performance.  

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

If Romeo is a top 5 prospect in the 2019 draft, stays at IU for another year and still goes top 5 in 2020, and as a bonus leads IU to the Final Four, give me more scenarios that look 'bad'. on iU  :coffee:

If we're living in dream-scenario world, let's have him stay a 3rd year as a top-5 prospect and win it all as a Junior?  Don't really understand the point of your post, but there's always something to it.

45 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

Yea trimming PU is big especially if he wants to stay local. Let's let him enjoy this process, it's once in a lifetime. Nobody wants their decision to be easily predicted. 

Agreed. To say he isn’t an IU lock is only natural...otherwise he would be committed lol. He is using his time to make his visits. The important thing is PU will not get the chance to make a pitch. That can only be taken as good news.

Archived