Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I have to say if I were an Iowa fan with hopes for TJD, knowing that he had an in-home with the perceived leader school (in state school no less), it wouldn't be cause for optimism.

Trayce was not the only 5 star to have an in home with IU, today.  Count Brooks and Stewart as the other two.

3 Five Star in homes in one day.   Surf's up.  Ride to tide to B-town, boys !

4 minutes ago, StLHoosier said:

IF we were able to get TJD and Stewart, would that be the best front court in the country?

Combined with Race, Forrester, Moore and Davis sure! Combine with Smith, Hunter, and KBJ...that’s a very athletic front court. I would worry about our ability to stretch the defense but we haven’t had a front court duo like that since what...Funderburke and Henderson??

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Combined with Race, Forrester, Moore and Davis sure! Combine with Smith, Hunter, and KBJ...that’s a very athletic front court. I would worry about our ability to stretch the defense but we haven’t had a front court duo like that since what...Funderburke and Henderson??

I’ve been very vocal with my concerns about stretching the D but if we’re not focusing on that then we have to really dominate the opposite way...looks like that’s the plan from Archie. Alright. Alright...

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Haston, JJ, Newton, Odle, and Leach was good but yeah.

2 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I’ve been very vocal with my concerns about stretching the D but if we’re not focusing on that then we have to really dominate the opposite way...looks like that’s the plan from Archie. Alright. Alright...

If we landed a class of Stewert, TJD, KBJ, and Franklin that would give us probably the longest and biggest team we’ve ever had honestly. I mean guys like Brooks, Hunter, Anderson, Green, Al, and Robert would really be relied on to knock down shots but for the first time in a long time we should dominate the boards and make scoring very difficult on opponents. We might not shoot the 3 at an elite level but we could dominate the game in a different manner as you elude to.

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Haston, JJ, Newton, Odle, and Leach was good but yeah.

Oh man. That was my youth. Serious nostalgia kicking in. Picturing Odle kicking Bogans. 

Random note here...my buddy ran into Leech (think it was Charlotte?) and he runs a food truck. UK fan and he sent me a text saying is this Leech?!! While ago but thought it was pretty cool.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If we landed a class of Stewert, TJD, KBJ, and Franklin that would give us probably the longest and biggest team we’ve ever had honestly. I mean guys like Brooks, Hunter, Anderson, Green, Al, and Robert would really be relied on to knock down shots but for the first time in a long time we should dominate the boards and make scoring very difficult on opponents. We might not shoot the 3 at an elite level but we could dominate the game in a different manner as you elude to.

That’s my only concern at all. If we can establish length and dominance athletically for the long haul then shoring up  the shooting / final touches won’t be a problem.

Patience + cart before the horse and all of that stuff but yeah I love where this is going.

28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I would say if we got all 3 of those guys then a couple of the ones you mentioned would not be on the team next year.  If we land a 4 person class then one more besides Romeo would be gone from this years team.

46 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would say if we got all 3 of those guys then a couple of the ones you mentioned would not be on the team next year.  If we land a 4 person class then one more besides Romeo would be gone from this years team.

I think Smith might break out and go pro. At least I hope so! So yes your right. I would say if Stewart comes I could see possibly Moore or Forrester moving on though possibly too.

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think Smith might break out and go pro. At least I hope so! So yes your right. I would say if Stewart comes I could see possibly Moore or Forrester moving on though possibly too.

No way Smith leaves.  He's a classic tweener.  Way too small to be an NBA 4 and doesn't have the game to play at the 3.  I think it's much more likely Hunter leaves.

7 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

No way Smith leaves.  He's a classic tweener.  Way too small to be an NBA 4 and doesn't have the game to play at the 3.  I think it's much more likely Hunter leaves.

Exactly. That’s actually the very reason you leave early. You can expose their evaluation flaws before they expose you. Many ppl don’t get that. It’s a two way street. Financially it’s somethimg respectable that you should consider as an adult. 

32 minutes ago, dgambill said:

In my opinion forrester will be at IU for at least 4 years

6 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Exactly. That’s actually the very reason you leave early. You can expose their evaluation flaws before they expose you. Many ppl don’t get that. It’s a two way street. Financially it’s somethimg respectable that you should consider as an adult. 

If Justin is an NBA 1st rounder then go for it.  It's extremely unlikely IMO.

Archived