Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is fine if you are ready but for the ones that leave and don't make it, how are they helping their family.

Unless you are an NBA level talent kid you have no clue as to what you're suggesting.  Its easy to say just go back, you're not ready since you have never had the chance to actually play at the professional level.  None of us know what that drive is and how it affects their thinking process.  You can also say you wouldn't want you kid to go unless he was top 10 since it's not going to happen.  Its easy to sit here and throw around what is wrong or right for these kids when we have absolutely no clue as to what they go through or how they perceive their dreams.  

Just my opinion on the matter

11 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Unless you are an NBA level talent kid you have no clue as to what you're suggesting.  Its easy to say just go back, you're not ready since you have never had the chance to actually play at the professional level.  None of us know what that drive is and how it affects their thinking process.  You can also say you wouldn't want you kid to go unless he was top 10 since it's not going to happen.  Its easy to sit here and throw around what is wrong or right for these kids when we have absolutely no clue as to what they go through or how they perceive their dreams.  

Just my opinion on the matter

That is your right to have a different opinion and I respect that but I just see things differently than most of you guys.

4 hours ago, Indy1987 said:

Yep Big George does have a food truck.  Actually he has 2 now serving Charlotte.  Plus he has a sit down place in Pineville, NC. Oooweee BBQ.  And it's really good.

https://www.eatoooweebbq.com/

Super nice guy.  He's catered for the Charlotte alumni club before.  

Go Hoosiers!!!

He and Jeff Newton own it.

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Nothing is ever a lock.  Employing the "Jeffries rule".  But from what I am getting.... still looking very good.  It was like it was not at all comfortable with his Iowa visit.  Just going through the motions.  Ever been on the Iowa campus ?  I have.  And not to slight them.... there are many other campus's I would rather be visiting.  

Thank you Mile...

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Nothing is ever a lock.  Employing the "Jeffries rule".  But from what I am getting.... still looking very good.  It was like it was not at all comfortable with his Iowa visit.  Just going through the motions.  Ever been on the Iowa campus ?  I have.  And not to slight them.... there are many other campus's I would rather be visiting.  

Its not a dead bolt or a combination lock but it is one that requires more than a credit card to open.  Criss Angel would struggle to get out if this one😁

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am just saying if you are not guaranteed to be drafted I just don't see why kids would leave playing college basketball to play in the G-League.  You might have a different opinion and that is just great but I just see things differently than you.  I am different because I wouldn't have left early for the NBA until I graduated because the NBA is not going anywhere and if you are good enough it shouldn't matter when you enter the league.  I think it is better for the college game as well as the NBA game when players come into the league ready to play at a high level and not be a project for a couple of years.  I would not want my son to enter the draft unless he was guarantee to be a top 10 pick and if not go back and enjoy your college time.

Maybe they never wanted to go to college period.

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Maybe they never wanted to go to college period.

Exactly. Think about it, it took Cody four years to get his degree after he left IU. So obviously school wasn't the most important thing on his mind either. I don't agree with most of the guys that leave early, but I think times have changed. The college experience isn't as important to guys as much as you used to be. Does it affect the level of play? Probably.  But players nowadays play way more than they used to. They basically have no off season. I don't think leaving college early is the main problem, I think the lack of fundamentals in AAU is. 

11 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Exactly. Think about it, it took Cody four years to get his degree after he left IU. So obviously school wasn't the most important thing on his mind either. I don't agree with most of the guys that leave early, but I think times have changed. The college experience isn't as important to guys as much as you used to be. Does it affect the level of play? Probably.  But players nowadays play way more than they used to. They basically have no off season. I don't think leaving college early is the main problem, I think the lack of fundamentals in AAU is. 

I agree the way the game is taught and players learn to play in AAU ball a lot of times is really hurting the growth of some young athletes. The main thing about playing college basketball to me is it gives kids time to develop (physically and mentally). In years past the NBA was a MANS game. The physicality was more than most 18-20 year olds could handle. Certainly not the Lebron James of the world but most kids were just not strong enough especially bigs to guard a Shaq, Patrick Ewing, Hakeem, David Robinson, Karl Malone, etc etc. With the game shifting to a smaller brand of basketball. Spreading the floor and bigs stretching the defense it is less so. Add the fact that we've limited the physicality in hand checking and banging around on defense...today the NBA is suited for younger and younger players more than ever before.

22 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Rivals updated their 2019 Rankings

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2019

TJD is down two spots to #18, 5*.

Nobody has been playing for like almost a month...did they just reset their rankings based on the summer AAU circuit or do they just look to see where guys are taking their official visits too and then basing their rankings on how good the teams are that they might go to??

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

Nobody has been playing for like almost a month...did they just reset their rankings based on the summer AAU circuit or do they just look to see where guys are taking their official visits too and then basing their rankings on how good the teams are that they might go to??

I believe the updated rankings are based on summer circuit

Archived