Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, dbmhoosier said:

Did that really happen?

It's almost like an urban legend at this point lol. I heard different stories about it for several years even before I found the sports forums. It seems to be true in some context at least. Not sure which coach I'd rather play for....the one that clogged up my toilets and stunk up my house or the one that wipes his ass and tells me this is how I'm playing!? Ok...I'd rather play for the multiple championship winning one...but yeah...truth can be pretty crazy...especially once a story like that get's out it takes on a life of its own.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

It's almost like an urban legend at this point lol. I heard different stories about it for several years even before I found the sports forums. It seems to be true in some context at least. Not sure which coach I'd rather play for....the one that clogged up my toilets and stunk up my house or the one that wipes his ass and tells me this is how I'm playing!? Ok...I'd rather play for the multiple championship winning one...but yeah...truth can be pretty crazy...especially once a story like that get's out it takes on a life of its own.

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/langford.157356/#post-2224572

This is a thread where it was discussed. 

Paperback Writer

The story is that Crean excused himself to go to the bathroom, clogged the toilet and made a huge mess. The soiled water caused hundreds of dollars in carpet and wood damage.

He and the University were not able to pay for the repairs because it would have been a recruiting violation. 

1 hour ago, Long Duk Dong said:

Paperback Writer

The story is that Crean excused himself to go to the bathroom, clogged the toilet and made a huge mess. The soiled water caused hundreds of dollars in carpet and wood damage.

He and the University were not able to pay for the repairs because it would have been a recruiting violation. 

No way.  And the rumor was that this supposedly happened at Gary Harris’s house?  I was at IU from 2010-2017 and I NEVER heard this.  LOL

12 hours ago, Long Duk Dong said:

Paperback Writer

I found this hilarious...

From dbmhoosier on https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/langford.157356/

I believe it was during the Gary Harris in home. Gary was fully on board with joining the Movement until the visit. Something just didn't smell right afterwards. Tom really blew it on that one.

32 minutes ago, HoosierMama said:

I just saw that Steve Alford is at the Center Grove football game tonight with TJD.  

A nice chat between past and future IU basketball legends perhaps?  

More likely asking if Trayce can put in a good word with the staff at IU after he gets fired after this year!

33 minutes ago, dgambill said:

More likely asking if Trayce can put in a good word with the staff at IU after he gets fired after this year!

I think it was Peegs who said that UCLA was a real sleeper in the TJD sweepstakes.  I can't see anyway he goes there though.  Steve is like Tom Crean was here entering year 8.  He only needs one more disappointing season before he's working along side Dakich.

4 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think it was Peegs who said that UCLA was a real sleeper in the TJD sweepstakes.  I can't see anyway he goes there though.  Steve is like Tom Crean was here entering year 8.  He only needs one more disappointing season before he's working along side Dakich.

Give Tom Crean the players Steve has had at UCLA and he'd do better than Stevie Mediocre has.

7 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Give Tom Crean the players Steve has had at UCLA and he'd do better than Stevie Mediocre has.

Sadly that seems to be the truth. I mean I want to root for him (despite his missteps with some players) but I'm not sure he has the chops. I've never watched his teams really closely to tell but from afar it seems like consistent effort and defensive intensity have been lacking. I'd say at the mid-major/second tier major level school is where he did his best work and would fit the best. The expectations at UCLA are similar to those here...and I don't think he can deliver what is expected. He can recruit because he is at a school that should never have problems with that but developing those super talented kids he just hasn't been able to get the most out of them before they leave.

8 minutes ago, CapnRon said:

Yea I have never been able to figure out why Alford hasn't had much success.  Made it to UCLA at least.

He had significant success at lower levels like SW Missouri State, but he's shown me nothing recently.  The only thing I can come up with is, especially at the lower levels, his college success helps him recruit and with superior talent at that level, his lack of tactical and developmental ability can be covered up.  He's definitely been exposed at the power five level though.  He probably needs Sam back on his bench.

3 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

It's truly mind boggling that he's never been past the Sweet 16 even once in over 20 years as a high major D1 coach.

Another year like that at UCLA and he will be gone...despite giving money back on his contract. They fired his predecessor who performed better than Alford...no way they keep Steve around if he can’t at least get them to an elite 8 or final 4 again.

Archived