Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, IU_Realist said:

How is this related to my post?  Confused a little.

You asked what school in the midwest would take alford.  That would be the purdouchest thing they could do is take an IU legend (as a player) that got passed over as coach to be their own.  My answer to your question is Purdue.

3 hours ago, 3Ballin said:

You asked what school in the midwest would take alford.  That would be the purdouchest thing they could do is take an IU legend (as a player) that got passed over as coach to be their own.  My answer to your question is Purdue.

Gotcha.  Purdue has a better coach than Alford though.  

3 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

He has accomplished more with less top talent.  Painter is a good coach and an OK recruiter.   That and he hasn't been fired from a job yet.  Alford is probably getting ready to be canned a second time now.  

I don't recall he has ever been fired? He resigned at Iowa to take the New Mexico gig. He left New Mexico shortly after signing a 10 yr contract. Where else did he get fired?

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I don't recall he has ever been fired? He resigned at Iowa to take the New Mexico gig. He left New Mexico shortly after signing a 10 yr contract. Where else did he get fired?

He was getting canned at Iowa.  You may want to call it a resignation because he left before the firing happened. BUT, the dude was definitely getting fired.  Most coaches don't downgrade coaching positions going from a high major to a mid major.  It is 99.9999999999999999999999% of the time the other way around....This is why Alford was trying to get the IU job, the Louisville job and the Xavier job.  Get out before you get canned.  This is why I call it getting fired.  Tubby Smith is the king of this.  

47 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

He has accomplished more with less top talent.  Painter is a good coach and an OK recruiter.   That and he hasn't been fired from a job yet.  Alford is probably getting ready to be canned a second time now.  

I mostly agree with what you stated, except I think your opinion of Painter is 2-3 levels above mine.  He's fine and has shown flashes of being a pretty good tactician, but inevitably when it counts, his teams flames out.  How much of that you pin on Painter himself is up for debate, but he wouldn't come close to meeting expectations at IU.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I mostly agree with what you stated, except I think your opinion of Painter is 2-3 levels above mine.  He's fine and has shown flashes of being a pretty good tactician, but inevitably when it counts, his teams flames out.  How much of that you pin on Painter himself is up for debate, but he wouldn't come close to meeting expectations at IU.

I don't disagree with your last part.  He has 4 sweet 16s which for Purdue is good.  He gets players that fit his system.  Doesn't really get the top 25/5 star kids.  I think he has got one his entire career so far.  Most of his kids are lower 4 star/3 star kids.  My point is I think he is better than Alford and Crean because he doesn't recruit as well as them but he produces better results.   He has finished in the top 4 of the B10 9 out of 13 years.  One of those was his first year at Purdue and the other three were in that period when he struggled with recruiting. He is almost like a Bo Ryan.  Stick to your system type players.....win with that system and continuously finish in the top 4 of the B10....and hope to make a run.  Bo had one Elite 8 before his last two seasons.  

24 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

My sources say that TJD didn’t finish his brussels sprouts tonight.  Crystal ball is cloudy as to whether he’ll be getting dessert or not.

My sources say Ernie had to finish his...and he is a little gassy...thus his fussy response lol. I love people trying to tell others what to do on a message board. Once Trayce decides this thread will blow up about Trayce and only him soon enough.

Archived