Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

These other coaches wouldn't be trying so hard recruiting TJD if they thought he was a lock for IU, they feel like they have a legit shot with him.

My point was that this is Fran's 8th year at Iowa. In that time he has yet to land a 5* recruit. This year he is going up against the Blue Bloods for KB and TJD. It just seems like he is stepping up in the quality of recruits he is focusing on this year.

2 hours ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

These other coaches wouldn't be trying so hard recruiting TJD if they thought he was a lock for IU, they feel like they have a legit shot with him.

Look at who is stepping up.  Alford and Fran have their backs against the wall.  They’re desperation heaves at locking up marquee classes to keep them around a while longer.

15 minutes ago, CrimsonV said:

Look at who is stepping up.  Alford and Fran have their backs against the wall.  They’re desperation heaves at locking up marquee classes to keep them around a while longer.

Yep. Has Izzo done anything since their in home?  Not that I’ve seen. Fran and Alford need a decent season with hopes for growth to save their jobs. 

39 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Would love to know what’s going on in the minds of Fran and Alford. They’re definitely putting the energy in. Screams of Crean doesn’t it? 

I think as much as anything, it's a display for other potential recruits.  I think they both know this recruit is not happening for them but if they can look like they have the attention of a top recruit, it's never a bad thing.

24 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I think as much as anything, it's a display for other potential recruits.  I think they both know this recruit is not happening for them but if they can look like they have the attention of a top recruit, it's never a bad thing.

If Alford can’t get UCLA in on the big name Indiana kids what good is he still going to be now that he has lost his right hand recruiter. He has to stay in on these top kids if he wants to have a chance to keep his job.

7 hours ago, Jacarcio said:

I would love that too ha. Any word on an announcement date? Are we still thinking Mid Oct? I want some dominos to fall ha. 

I believe CoachSs said between Oct 5-12. It will be after the MSU visit. I was really hoping it be announced before but that not gonna happen. Still sticking to my statement both before Frost is on the Pumpkin 

Archived