Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, rico said:

All I can say is these kids sure do play it up on social media.

THEY play it up? A respectful tweet? He should be proud of his opportunities. We're the weirdos that lap it up, consume every last nugget (and tweet), have 63 pages of obsession on this forum, and then check 2-3 other forums with as much or more. He's not asking for attention, we're throwing it at him. HSN, BTB, Rivals, 247, ITH, IndyStar, 1070, Crystal Balls, Peegsters and Rabby and Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, EYBL, Peach Jam, Frankie Vision, In the Gym Hoops. This industry is giant, with everyone profiting off this kid's talent and celebrity, and you have a problem with this tweet?

It's etiquette at this point for these kids to publicly acknowledge the schools hosting them for visits. And even if it weren't, he's earned a little braggadocio. 

8 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

THEY play it up? A respectful tweet? He should be proud of his opportunities. We're the weirdos that lap it up, consume every last nugget (and tweet), have 63 pages of obsession on this forum, and then check 2-3 other forums with as much or more. He's not asking for attention, we're throwing it at him. HSN, BTB, Rivals, 247, ITH, IndyStar, 1070, Crystal Balls, Peegsters and Rabby and Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, EYBL, Peach Jam, Frankie Vision, In the Gym Hoops. This industry is giant, with everyone profiting off this kid's talent and celebrity, and you have a problem with this tweet?

It's etiquette at this point for these kids to publicly acknowledge the schools hosting them for visits. And even if it weren't, he's earned a little braggadocio. 

Well you might gobble it all up.......but I don't.  

On 9/30/2018 at 10:42 PM, milehiiu said:

That's a fact.... Jack.   23 on for HH.

I'm, thinking.... thinking.  I do believe we have had at least  one player in the not too distance past give up a number for an incoming player.

Funny... that the picture of Damezi by IU's crack promo team, just like with TJD,   before Damezi,  became a Hoosier, had him wearing number 22.

A few years back.... Terry Hutchins did a story on numbers not allowed in college basketball.  No 5's or 6's, if I recall correctly.   Because they can be misunderstood when the ref's call a foul.  Also... as memory serves me.... no numbers above something like 59.

I'm getting old and my memory slips, but I think Neil Reed and Troy Williams both wore #5.  I can't think of any 6's though.

8 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

I'm getting old and my memory slips, but I think Neil Reed and Troy Williams both wore #5.  I can't think of any 6's though.

The correct answer is that you can't wear any numbers above 5, as it would require two hands for the ref to signal. Hell, we have four players on this year's team alone wearing a 5.

Here is the story Hutchins did on college bb numbers :

Terry Hutchens column: You have to love the tradition that comes with IU basketball jersey numbers | Sports | heraldbulletin.com

I admit I was wrong about the number 5. Close, but no cigar. LOL.  And thanks to all for the correction.  In my defense, I was working off memory of a story well over one year ago.

Thanks to all HSN.  You ARE the greatest !

1 hour ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Did anyone listen to the recent video interview?  I found it interesting and potentially telling he couldn't remember who else he was seriously considering outside of UCLA and us.  Said Purdue, took it back and then said MSU and Iowa.

The kid is trying to do and say the right things and enjoy the process but TJD To IU is the worst kept secret in Indiana.

14 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Hey now, TJD might go up to East Lansing (the West Lafayette of Michigan) and be absolutely blown away by the simplicity of the campus and decide he's right at home...

Yes sir and i might hit the powerball Saturday and quit my job, move somewhere warm and drink cocktails on the beach. 

If i dont post Monday you will know why.

Archived