Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit i got punked a little.  All week i was still hearing decision was coming Friday. I was real excited and my buddy text me saying its gonna be Friday evening. I duck out of dinner for few minutes to check HSN only to find out it was to announce final 3. My buddy has great sense of humor, he text me to check my email and he about an hour before announcement had sent me a screen full of 😀😀

It’s like we never learn, every single recruitment people are freaking out over the same exact things. These kids deserve to treat their recruitments however they want to, if they want to narrow their list from 12 to 1 with announcements for every 1 school they eliminate they should do it. They’re kids! Let them have their fun and attention or hey maybe let them take the time to make the biggest decision of the lives. We all want TJD to come to bloomington(and spoiler, he is going to). But some of the stuff I see on here(and other boards) drives me crazy. Take a deep breath and maybe don’t hit send on some of these posts ladies and gents. 

Edit: not directed at any one, I’ve had a few cups of coffee this morning so I’m a little fired up

I can’t for the life of me understand why some people are so concerned about what a kid is doing and why they’re “taking their time” with their college decision. 

I have ave absolutely zero issues with them getting some attention before they announce. It will be the biggest and best day of their life to date, so let them have their moment.

Romeo was a lock weeks before he announced and all we heard was, “if he were an Indiana lock, why didn’t he commit months prior?” The answer is easy... he wanted to have his moment. It’s as simple as that. Let them enjoy the process and have a little patience.

7 hours ago, Danomatic said:

I can’t for the life of me understand why some people are so concerned about what a kid is doing and why they’re “taking their time” with their college decision. 

I have ave absolutely zero issues with them getting some attention before they announce. It will be the biggest and best day of their life to date, so let them have their moment.

Romeo was a lock weeks before he announced and all we heard was, “if he were an Indiana lock, why didn’t he commit months prior?” The answer is easy... he wanted to have his moment. It’s as simple as that. Let them enjoy the process and have a little patience.

I completely understand what you are saying but it just gets a little annoying when you believe the person isn’t even debating in where he is going. Like if you truly are narrowing your schools down and still debating the final 3 schools on your list that’s fine. But when been a lock for like 9 months it just kinda gets old when you believe it’s just for attention. Me personally when I knew where I wanted to go I would just announce it and start recruiting others to join me instead of building up my recruitment and trying to shoot down the rumors that you are a lock to a certain school to get attention. I think that looks bad as I was raised to not seek attention and just go about your business and if your doing something good and the right way people are gonna notice and appreciate you even more for not trying to say “hey look at me” anyway that’s just my opinion I’m sure others think otherwise. 

TJD is absolute stud tho and probably a great kid but i think he could handle this better. Not announcing when you know also waste a lot of people’s time and resources. 

1 hour ago, 5 championships said:

I completely understand what you are saying but it just gets a little annoying when you believe the person isn’t even debating in where he is going. Like if you truly are narrowing your schools down and still debating the final 3 schools on your list that’s fine. But when been a lock for like 9 months it just kinda gets old when you believe it’s just for attention. Me personally when I knew where I wanted to go I would just announce it and start recruiting others to join me instead of building up my recruitment and trying to shoot down the rumors that you are a lock to a certain school to get attention. I think that looks bad as I was raised to not seek attention and just go about your business and if your doing something good and the right way people are gonna notice and appreciate you even more for not trying to say “hey look at me” anyway that’s just my opinion I’m sure others think otherwise. 

TJD is absolute stud tho and probably a great kid but i think he could handle this better. Not announcing when you know also waste a lot of people’s time and resources. 

While I agree with you, we were raised in a different era. Society as a whole is indecisive these days... I guess that I’m just used to it now. 

1 hour ago, 5 championships said:

Bigger things in play that potentially have an unknown amount of $ involved. Right now the world is focused on football, football, and maybe the midterms. When practice finally gets up and running and attention is shifted to hoops....that's when I would announce. Especially if a kid has a chance for next level. Stinks that we have to wait but I can understand the delay. Get as much attention as possible. That's the way I would suggest it in today's world. 

Archived