Trayce Jackson-Davis

3 hours ago, 5 championships said:

I completely understand what you are saying but it just gets a little annoying when you believe the person isn’t even debating in where he is going. Like if you truly are narrowing your schools down and still debating the final 3 schools on your list that’s fine. But when been a lock for like 9 months it just kinda gets old when you believe it’s just for attention. Me personally when I knew where I wanted to go I would just announce it and start recruiting others to join me instead of building up my recruitment and trying to shoot down the rumors that you are a lock to a certain school to get attention. I think that looks bad as I was raised to not seek attention and just go about your business and if your doing something good and the right way people are gonna notice and appreciate you even more for not trying to say “hey look at me” anyway that’s just my opinion I’m sure others think otherwise. 

TJD is absolute stud tho and probably a great kid but i think he could handle this better. Not announcing when you know also waste a lot of people’s time and resources. 

It's a waste of your time? You've managed to make this about you. Who raised you to be self-centered?

He's earned this. Just ignore it if it bothers you. Fair to say there's a big market for this stuff. I like the theory that he's going to have a 3 hat ceremony, and he needed the cut to make the numbers work.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Stromboli -- Can you change your name to Egg Plant?

I start thinking about Chicago and Bloomington stromboli dishes every time I see you post.

I always wondered why does Nick's calls its sandwich a stromboli?  Don't they know what a stromboli actually is?

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

It's a waste of your time? You've managed to make this about you. Who raised you to be self-centered?

He's earned this. Just ignore it if it bothers you. Fair to say there's a big market for this stuff. I like the theory that he's going to have a 3 hat ceremony, and he needed the cut to make the numbers work.

Not enough Stromboli for you lately? Yes it waste coaches and programs time and resources when you know where your going but play along like you don’t know(Darius Garland). Considering I’ve dedicated my life to helping kids I’d say I’m as far as self centered as it gets.. but keep taking shots at someone whom you know nothing about? Smart. Anyways if he does have a 3 hat ceremony and you enjoy it then good for you. I’m guessing you missed the part of my post where I said “anyways that’s just my opinion I’m sure others think otherwise” and that’s completely fine. 

13 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

If he really is a lock the moral thing would be to just announce it and not waste anyone's time.  Darius Garland was a Vandy lock all along but he wasted a couple programs time and money by pretending to have interest.  I just don't like it.

I don't have anything against what TJD but my feeling is that he is not the lock that some makes it out to be.  If he really was the lock some say he is then he wouldn't have listed his final 3 but would have just committed.

14 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't have anything against what TJD but my feeling is that he is not the lock that some makes it out to be.  If he really was the lock some say he is then he wouldn't have listed his final 3 but would have just committed.

Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. I would trust those close to the situation.  This is and has been a lock for a long time. Who cares how he chooses to handle his own recruitment. Lets all just R E L A X and enjoy that 2 big time players from our state our about to commit to Indiana, and in the process help other out of state kids see what Indiana has to offer

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. I would trust those close to the situation.  This is and has been a lock for a long time. Who cares how he chooses to handle his own recruitment. Lets all just R E L A X and enjoy that 2 big time players from our state our about to commit to Indiana, and in the process help other out of state kids see what Indiana has to offer

I hope you are right and you probably are but did this source also say he was going to commit sometime last week.

My "source " said the announcement was coming last Friday. I assumed the final decision did not expect a final 3. He was messing with me a little. This person is CLOSE to the situation. I asked on here if anyone else was hearing that day. That was more than a week before anyone said this announcement was for a final 3. My guy knew it was for the final 3 but knew i thought it was for the final decision,  he was pulling my chain a little.  He is just as adamant its IU. Nothing has changed. This young man is enjoying the spotlight.  Its nice to be pursued and valued.  Many recruits talk about how things change once you commit. These guys have been the center of attention for years and after he says its Indiana a lot of that will die down and things change. I am glad he will be a HOOSIER and dont mind him taking his time. 

I'll just say this regarding sources, information, and message boards. I've been on IU message boards since 90's. Followed message board recruiting for 20+ years. Never once have I found a site where there is more credible information. If I remember correctly someone said CG was on break last week. Maybe they want to do an announcement like in front of his high school classmates?  Let the kid have his fun. 

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll just say this regarding sources, information, and message boards. I've been on IU message boards since 90's. Followed message board recruiting for 20+ years. Never once have I found a site where there is more credible information. If I remember correctly someone said CG was on break last week. Maybe they want to do an announcement like in front of his high school classmates?  Let the kid have his fun. 

Think they are on break this week

I think the big telling sign on both TJD and Brooks is that Archie has essentially backed off of any legitimate back-up plans. Yes, we're still in with Watford, Stewart and Hurt, but those guys aren't back-up plans, they are guys you swing for the fences on if a spot opens late to add to your class. It's telling to me that as far as we know, IU is no longer really in it or pursuing anyone in the 50-150 range that would be back-ups if we lost Brooks and/or TJD. 

As it came clear that Franklin was going to commit, interest between IU and guys like Newman, Bouknight, Ramsey, etc. seemed to stop. 

The coaching staff must be really, really confident here. 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think the big telling sign on both TJD and Brooks is that Archie has essentially backed off of any legitimate back-up plans. Yes, we're still in with Watford, Stewart and Hurt, but those guys aren't back-up plans, they are guys you swing for the fences on if a spot opens late to add to your class. It's telling to me that as far as we know, IU is no longer really in it or pursuing anyone in the 50-150 range that would be back-ups if we lost Brooks and/or TJD. 

As it came clear that Franklin was going to commit, interest between IU and guys like Newman, Bouknight, Ramsey, etc. seemed to stop. 

I really hope your assessment is correct 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Same! I can definitely admit I'm connecting dots here in a bit of a biased way, but that's just how it appears the timeline goes to me. 

I like what you are saying. I hope it is not like he is wanting to land 2 out of the 5 and we miss on all of them. I just need to keep reminding myself we now have a real coach not someone over there head like the last 18 years. From what the insiders are saying I think you are right. I am ready to get this 2 committed and start the season.

27 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Exactly what I said.  Either Archie knows for 100% that he has them or he's the most clueless coach we've ever had.  

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Exactly what I said.  Either Archie knows for 100% that he has them or he's the most clueless coach we've ever had.  

Don't forget we have had a run of clueless coaches. I for one think archie is the first coach since knight that does not have his head up his ass.

12 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Don't forget we have had a run of clueless coaches. I for one think archie is the first coach since knight that does not have his head up his ass.

Yeah I know.  There's an insider on this board who said that Mike Davis was convinced Greg Oden was coming to IU right before he committed to OSU.  He was obviously never coming here.

12 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I think it's the former than the latter. Archie seems to me like someone whose moves are very calculated. He doesn't strike me as an impulsive type. KBJ and TJD could be done deal or very close. 

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yeah I know.  There's an insider on this board who said that Mike Davis was convinced Greg Oden was coming to IU right before he committed to OSU.  He was obviously never coming here.

Lol those types of things still haunt my reasoning  today. Since archie was hired I am feeling confident he will right the ship once and for all.

37 minutes ago, Cutter said:

I guess it's how you look at it, but Sampson, as a coach, was top tier. That team when he went down was something like 24-4. Of course, academics had gone to crap, players were doing drugs, and he was engaging in his phone gate violations. Not saying any of that was ok, it wasn't, but in terms of coaching, he was very, very good.

28 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I remember watching ESPN show called cold Pizza and Oden during his senior season was on there and they asked him if IU was a leader for him and he said yes.  I am thinking he just said that even if it was not true to appease the fans in Indiana.

6 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I guess it's how you look at it, but Sampson, as a coach, was top tier. That team when he went down was something like 24-4. Of course, academics had gone to crap, players were doing drugs, and he was engaging in his phone gate violations. Not saying any of that was ok, it wasn't, but in terms of coaching, he was very, very good.

Absolutely agree. In a vacuum with basketball related things he was top tier no doubt. 

Archived