Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 5 championships said:

Tried tellin everybody this 4 months ago 

Sorry about that, I put my fingers in my ears.  "IU only recruits perfect humble kids" was my line of thinking along with "don't scare away recruits by talking bad about them".

Either way, I hope he commits soon.

21 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Seems as though TJD is an...... I’m still hearing before his season starts.

There have been many times in my life where I have done my due diligence.  I knew I was going to IU but my parents encouraged me to look at other schools.  I was pretty sure of jobs I was taking but was encouraged to keep my other interviews in case something more interesting or better came up. I don't think that makes me an attention whore.  He only gets to do these things once in his life. I think he has told everyone where they stand.  He has informed IU that he is theirs.  I think everyone knows this that is recruiting him. Let them give their best shot.  As a parent, I think he should see it all and enjoy the ride. Good chance he will never have the opportunity to do this again and I say good for him. JMHO.

1 hour ago, PoHoosier said:

Sorry about that, I put my fingers in my ears.  "IU only recruits perfect humble kids" was my line of thinking along with "don't scare away recruits by talking bad about them".

Either way, I hope he commits soon.

Never said he was a bad kid, never said I didn’t like the kid, and no IU doesn’t recruit all perfect humble kids. my original point was not to bash the kid. Just stating the truth that he is hunting attention big time and it gets annoying but kid can do what he wants. Just don’t call me out and say all recruits do this cuz they don’t. Definitely not to the degree where we have to have a pre announcement to the announcement to announce that he will cut his schools down to 2 next week and to be on the look out for that announcement lol. 

22 minutes ago, Colonialcrester said:

There have been many times in my life where I have done my due diligence.  I knew I was going to IU but my parents encouraged me to look at other schools.  I was pretty sure of jobs I was taking but was encouraged to keep my other interviews in case something more interesting or better came up. I don't think that makes me an attention whore.  He only gets to do these things once in his life. I think he has told everyone where they stand.  He has informed IU that he is theirs.  I think everyone knows this that is recruiting him. Let them give their best shot.  As a parent, I think he should see it all and enjoy the ride. Good chance he will never have the opportunity to do this again and I say good for him. JMHO.

CC, agree with your sentiment. I just can't understand all the hand wringing and gnashing of teeth regarding these recruits.   I don't want any of these young men making uninformed decisions.  It's simply NONE OF OUR BUSINESS when, where, or how they make their decisions.  If it takes 1d, 1mo, or 1yr again NONE OF OUR BUSINESS.  I will still be an IU Fan cheering on whoever has decided to compete in the Cream and Crimson no matter who it is.  

20 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Never said he was a bad kid, never said I didn’t like the kid, and no IU doesn’t recruit all perfect humble kids. my original point was not to bash the kid. Just stating the truth that he is hunting attention big time and it gets annoying but kid can do what he wants. Just don’t call me out and say all recruits do this cuz they don’t. Definitely not to the degree where we have to have a pre announcement to the announcement to announce that he will cut his schools down to 2 next week and to be on the look out for that announcement lol. 

It’s really your own fault for allowing yourself to be gassed up by potential “inside info” here. TJD hasn’t said anything about an announcement. 

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

It’s really your own fault for allowing yourself to be gassed up by potential “inside info” here. TJD hasn’t said anything about an announcement. 

That is true and I’m not afraid to admit when I’m wrong. like I said he can do what he wants but I think he would be better off committing and recruiting others to join. And if he truly does know like our insiders say and they are usually right then I don’t like the fact that he is wasting other sccools time and money. It’s just seemed obvious to me about 4 months ago that he is searching for as much attention as possible which is annoying to me but hey whatever floats your boat. 

6 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

Maybe I shouldn’t have called him an attention whore.  Wrong word and my apologies.  He’s enjoying the process and who can really blame a high school senior for that?  I would’ve done the same thing, if I was talented in basketball at all.

I wondered when you did that...seemed a little out of character and sounded frustrated.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

Did I read a jab at FCTC in there?

If it was, it was very mild.

Article indicates he is close to a decision. I have to wonder if he didn't drag it out a little longer to put a stick in the eyes of those around the program leaking information.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

If it was, it was very mild.

Article indicates he is close to a decision. I have to wonder if he didn't drag it out a little longer to put a stick in the eyes of those around the program leaking information.

The leaks are coming from a place much closer to the south side of Indy than from Bloomington 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

The leaks are coming from a place much closer to the south side of Indy than from Bloomington 

That's actually what I meant although I can see how you drew that conclusion given my wording.  I think he's tweaking those around the Center Grove program.

Archived