Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

“I still do not like their chances with either”?  Okay...

Hard to take this guy seriously when he doesn’t even know Stewart already cut IU.

Believe he was referring to Watford and Hurt. Also the Stewart news hasn't made the rounds outside of the Democrat and Chronicle article so easy to miss.

4 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Believe he was referring to Watford and Hurt. Also the Stewart news hasn't made the rounds outside of the Democrat and Chronicle article so easy to miss.

Ah, that would make more sense.  But in regard to Stewart, if us message board fans already know, I would expect a so-called “recruiting expert” to know as well.

14 minutes ago, Hoosier24 said:

Man, the "insiders" around here couldn't have been further off throughout this entire recruitment. Losing credibility by the day. 

Nice try. 2 of our regular posters are very connected.  Me not at all just pass along what is shared. Maybe not correct on the time of the committment but everything else spot on. Like IUWINS said our staff has been Informed 

17 hours ago, Hoosier24 said:

I mean, hell, I could come on here and say he will commit. Their timelines have been just downright OFF, by a mile. 

Yep.  Donovan to IU.  Garland likely to IU.  We're leading for Ramsey.  We're leading or at least in the top 2 for Stewart.  Surprise out of state guy committing soon.  Brooks and TJD are both a done deal and both will commit before the frost is on the pumpkin.  The poster is in the mail. You could go on and on.  Now CoachSS is well connected and someone to trust.

Just now, Hoosier24 said:

I mean, hell, I could come on here and say he will commit. Their timelines have been just downright OFF, by a mile. 

I have a theory about that...I think Trayce doesn't like his info leaked and may have even delayed his timeline just to add some drama to the mix and maybe even cause Hoosier fans to start losing their minds.

Then again, he may simply be taking his time and enjoying the process.  From all signs, one thing they are right about is Trayce is very interested in IU and the feeling is very mutual.

17 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yep.  Donovan to IU.  Garland likely to IU.  We're leading for Ramsey.  We're leading or at least in the top 2 for Stewart.  Surprise out of state guy committing soon.  Brooks and TJD are both a done deal and both will commit before the frost is on the pumpkin.  You could go on and on.  Now CoachSS is well connected and someone to trust.

Believe what you want I really could care less. I go to bed every night knowing that TJD and KB will be hoosiers. 17 and 18 year old kids change their mind. What has not changed is that they are both coming to IU write the son on a gun in stone if you like I am sorry that the dates are off. I was told over the weekend still expect TJD before the start of their season. No reason not to believe this person. 

As far as the out of state check your facts I have already addressed this with you on a few occasions. Never did I say out of state I said based on what I was hearing I assumed out of state. Was I correct on the timing of that one. Not trying to make my self look good, but I wont allow those to bash people that want to share info. Your comments are the reasons that many well connected people choose not to post. In fact most of my info comes from someone who lurks on here and never has posted. You want to point out on the misses or whatever you want to call them but there have been more hits than misses from those insiders.I said on FEB 22 that Romeo to IU done deal. I have been calling TJD and KB for a long time. I gave the week of the AF committment I did not know which recruit. 6 recruits were told act quickly or be left out. Ramsey was not 100% sold yet so in his best interest he waited and lost an opportunity. CAM is setting a tone that if you want to be here you better let us know. 

Are we naive enough to think that CAM just stopped recruiting post players??? Come on Man!! Stewart was a luxury as is Hurt.  The 2 we want we got!! If I remember correctly someone said something about brains of a banana and Romeo was not coming 100% guarantee. Before I begin casting stones I would make sure my glass house is sound.

PS The Frost on the Pumpkin was an inside joke and the intended person got it!!!

Anyone that thinks anything is 100% in anything with recruiting at any level is setting themselves up for disappointment ha. Just take a scope at high level and enjoy it. Better than folks saying we have no chance lol 

Either way its been a fun conversation and that's what message boards are for ha 

1 hour ago, Hoosier24 said:

Man, the "insiders" around here couldn't have been further off throughout this entire recruitment. Losing credibility by the day. 

Well the kid has informed the staff, he is just as I said a kid.  We are human and times aren’t always an easy thing to get right because they change constantly.  

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yep.  Donovan to IU.  Garland likely to IU.  We're leading for Ramsey.  We're leading or at least in the top 2 for Stewart.  Surprise out of state guy committing soon.  Brooks and TJD are both a done deal and both will commit before the frost is on the pumpkin.  You could go on and on.  Now CoachSS is well connected and someone to trust.

I suppose this is meant towards me.  So I’ll bite. Why don’t you just scroll on past if you don’t want to see what I have to say? Better yet block me so the people that want to read the info can read it.  By the way the Donovan to IU was a lot closer than you will ever know.  I’m not the only poster to recognize that situation.  

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I have a theory about that...I think Trayce doesn't like his info leaked and may have even delayed his timeline just to add some drama to the mix and maybe even cause Hoosier fans to start losing their minds.

Then again, he may simply be taking his time and enjoying the process.  From all signs, one thing they are right about is Trayce is very interested in IU and the feeling is very mutual.

Bingo, wants it to be on his timeline and wants it to be a “surprise”.

5 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Well the kid has informed the staff, he is just as I said a kid.  We are human and times aren’t always an easy thing to get right because they change constantly.  

IUwins, First, when you say he has informed the staff, does that mean he has informed the IU coaching staff he is coming to IU? Second, I don't know why people complain about information you don't have to provide, but willingly do. I for one appreciate it, and I always know things are subject to change. Life can change in an instant. Thanks for all you provide!

35 minutes ago, Jacarcio said:

Anyone that thinks anything is 100% in anything with recruiting at any level is setting themselves up for disappointment ha. Just take a scope at high level and enjoy it. Better than folks saying we have no chance lol 

Either way its been a fun conversation and that's what message boards are for ha 

Exactly. People are just passing along info they are getting. Not to mention, were getting similar info that others would charge you a monthly fee for. 

Its not like people on this board are trying to lie and deceive. If you pay attention to recruiting, kids change their minds all the time. Not fair to blame others for things that are out of their control. 

No one is forcing anyone to read this board. 

7 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I suppose this is meant towards me.  So I’ll bite. Why don’t you just scroll on past if you don’t want to see what I have to say? Better yet block me so the people that want to read the info can read it.  By the way the Donovan to IU was a lot closer than you will ever know.  I’m not the only poster to recognize that situation.  

Well I for one appreciate your info and also a few others. Some people have to complain no matter what just keep doing your thing and have fun with it

2 minutes ago, Iuprof said:

IUwins, First, when you say he has informed the staff, does that mean he has informed the IU coaching staff he is coming to IU? Second, I don't know why people complain about information you don't have to provide, but willingly do. I for one appreciate it, and I always know things are subject to change. Life can change in an instant. Thanks for all you provide!

Yes he has told the staff he’s committing, in football the call them hard verbals.  Basketball never picked up that term but essentially that’s what it is. He wants his time in the light, and who can blame him. (Meaning on his time and doesn’t want stuff leaked.)

It is on you guys for taking these post as gospel and thinking that everything on this site is 100% correct.

29 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

You have to forgive him because he post on rivals and those people over there are the most negative fans I have seen.  That is why about a month ago I stopped going to their basketball board because it is a cesspool.

I don't recall reading much, if anything, about a lead for Ramsey, top two for Stewart...the Garland thing, for a hot second. And, all this to say, who in the hell knows any better? Just because some of these scenarios didn't ultimately pan out in our favor, that doesn't mean winds weren't, at some point, blowing in the ascribed directions. I'll bet my bottom dollar a bevy of these kids really do change their minds a million times about what they want for Sunday dinner...on Saturday night, let alone where they are going to attend college. 

I tend to agree with a course of action 0708 mentioned: ignore them. If you don't trust them and would rather not hear/read what they have to offer: ignore them. Nobody around here cares to read personal attacks against them...it's unnecessary drama. Why anyone would let their take (when not entirely accurate) get them so frustrated they feel they need to call people out is beyond me. 

For everyone's sake: just leave it be. If you have something to say to those people, take it to a PM. These threads are made for precisely what *THEY* are offering: perspective. Leave the the bickering and backbiting somewhere else. Its drivel and nobody cares.

1 hour ago, IUwins0708 said:

Bingo, wants it to be on his timeline and wants it to be a “surprise”.

...and who can blame him?  I was once in high school myself...I get him wanting to control the process and I remember how pissed Yogi was when Rabby leaked his commitment.  Here, it's all fun and games and speculation...we're not news reporters and inside information can sometimes vary in it's level of accuracy and timing.  I don't know what people have to take it so seriously and be so impatient about it.  Take the information as you want, but meanwhile, relax and let the kid have his moment.

Archived