Trayce Jackson-Davis

I love what our insiders bring to this forum, and they don't need to be responsible for information they bring to us. Our insiders have good track records, and I believe they give us info with good intention. To say they're oftentimes not correct or imply in any way that they need to be more responsible is a bit too harsh. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The days of early verbels are pretty much over with,no longer will we see kids committing their junior year like back in the day..they want to wring it out as long as they see the need..As far as insiders info,I dont consider it written in blood but there are a few who I would consider it written in red ink..coachss,Iuwins0708  and others,i enjoy reading about IU basketball  fact fiction or the rumor mill because in the end the truth will be known 

5 hours ago, Hoosier24 said:

I mean, hell, I could come on here and say he will commit. Their timelines have been just downright OFF, by a mile. 

I don't know your history and I'm not going to look. I'll just say this. Head back over to the free board at the other place.  2 of the posters here are more dialed in on any pay sight for IU message boards going. 

5 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

Yep.  Donovan to IU.  Garland likely to IU.  We're leading for Ramsey.  We're leading or at least in the top 2 for Stewart.  Surprise out of state guy committing soon.  Brooks and TJD are both a done deal and both will commit before the frost is on the pumpkin.  You could go on and on.  Now CoachSS is well connected and someone to trust.

What exactly is your issue with the guys? Or are you one of these pedaling cynicism as wisdom types? The guys have provided more information than honestly anywhere else....and we are getting it for free. At this point it sounds like a personal issue. Just my 2 cents. How about we appreciative of the information given??

4 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I suppose this is meant towards me.  So I’ll bite. Why don’t you just scroll on past if you don’t want to see what I have to say? Better yet block me so the people that want to read the info can read it.  By the way the Donovan to IU was a lot closer than you will ever know.  I’m not the only poster to recognize that situation.  

Amen on all accounts.

Just my two cents but these discussions are natural and they're bound to come up. I recently had something come up where I knew someone who had information about a recruit that we've looked into. I'm pretty confident that I know how that's playing out so I shared the info. I'm not an insider, but I just happened to have information that most aren't privy too so I shared it. I think that's what's great about this place. We're a bunch of basketball junkies who sometimes know people that know people so we choose to share. It's better knowledge than the general public has but it's not a lock.

30 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Just my two cents but these discussions are natural and they're bound to come up. I recently had something come up where I knew someone who had information about a recruit that we've looked into. I'm pretty confident that I know how that's playing out so I shared the info. I'm not an insider, but I just happened to have information that most aren't privy too so I shared it. I think that's what's great about this place. We're a bunch of basketball junkies who sometimes know people that know people so we choose to share. It's better knowledge than the general public has but it's not a lock.

I think it's a shame when people get attacked on the board for sharing information.  And one reason, I don't do much of it anymore.  Information continues to come my way.  Most times I thank the person for sharing, and anymore that is as far as it goes.  Or I share with that one person.... much like you and I did, not that long ago. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

I think it's a shame when people get attacked on the board for sharing information.  And one reason, I don't do much of it anymore.  Information continues to come my way.  Most times I thank the person for sharing, and anymore that is as far as it goes.  Or I share with that one person.... much like you and I did, not that long ago. 

That's a tough one to respond to and it kind of bums me out if I'm being honest but I understand. I wish I could say just tune them out, but obviously it's not that simple. I think you're aware that I appreciated our conversations so feel free to send me as many messages as you would like :) 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

What exactly is your issue with the guys? Or are you one of these pedaling cynicism as wisdom types? The guys have provided more information than honestly anywhere else....and we are getting it for free. At this point it sounds like a personal issue. Just my 2 cents. How about we appreciative of the information given??

tenor.gif

27 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

I think that’s the route I’ll have to go down from here on out.  It’s not like I get paid to be an “insider” on hoosiersportsnation.  Appreciate most of you, just so you know.

19 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I think that’s the route I’ll have to go down from here on out.  It’s not like I get paid to be an “insider” on hoosiersportsnation.  Appreciate most of you, just so you know.

A couple knuckleheads ruin it for the rest of us. What do you guys do when the weatherman gives you the wrong forecast? Grow Up!!!

5 minutes ago, NY hoosier said:

I must implore those of you that have info to continue to share. Without that insight this site will be much less than it is!

Yes I agree and dbm hoosier won't be able to go to the rivals board and act like he is an insider. 

45 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

That's a bummer if you decide that route, as you know about 95% of the board understands they need to interpret info you hand down to us "responsibly" (aka don't pretend like insider info works out 100% of the time, etc.) But I get it, the 5% can be a real nagging pain in the...over time

Wouldn’t just be easier if the “insiders” simply preface their claims with “rumor has it...”  instead of speaking in absolutes? And wouldn’t be easier for the nay sayers to just ignore said insiders if they don’t believe what they have to say instead of criticizing them?

This happens time and again on this board and it’s getting old. Being an “insider” doesn’t make you untouchable when your statements turn out to be false. This is a message board for people to talk sports and debate. The constant threats of “i have info but I dont say being of all the horrible attacks” or the notion that “Im gonna take my ball and go home anytime someone dares question me” is getting old. If you don’t want to stand behind your statements then don’t post them.

Getting equally old are the people who get a kick out of tormenting people and picking a part the info they share. Like I said before, if you don’t agree with what you read then move on. Sometimes people get bad info. Sometimes people get good info but circumstances change. Relax people...

Now back to TJD, I hear he’s thinking about coming to IU. Sure hope he does. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Wouldn’t just be easier if the “insiders” simply preface their claims with “rumor has it...”  instead of speaking in absolutes? And wouldn’t be easier for the nay sayers to just ignore said insiders if they don’t believe what they have to say instead of criticizing them?

This happens time and again on this board and it’s getting old. Being an “insider” doesn’t make you untouchable when your statements turn out to be false. This is a message board for people to talk sports and debate. The constant threats of “i have info but I dont say being of all the horrible attacks” or the notion that “Im gonna take my ball and go home anytime someone dares question me” is getting old. If you don’t want to stand behind your statements then don’t post them.

Getting equally old are the people who get a kick out of tormenting people and picking a part the info they share. Like I said before, if you don’t agree with what you read then move on. Sometimes people get bad info. Sometimes people get good info but circumstances change. Relax people...

Now back to TJD, I hear he’s thinking about coming to IU. Sure hope he does. 

Nobody said it made us untouchable but why should we have to explain every move and decision an 18 year old makes.  It’s just easier to keep the info to ourselves than to have to defend ourselves on a message board.  This isn’t meant to be argumentative at all just letting you know where we come from.  

Edit: part of the done deal stuff on my end is a little tongue and cheek just from past comments from one individual....

43 minutes ago, Cutter said:

Yes I agree and dbm hoosier won't be able to go to the rivals board and act like he is an insider. 

I've never once pretended to be an insider.  If I posted something there I clearly stated that it came from another board and not from anything I heard personally.

Just now, IUwins0708 said:

Nobody said it made us untouchable but why should we have to explain every move and decision an 18 year old makes.  It’s just easier to keep the info to ourselves than to have to defend ourselves on a message board.  This isn’t meant to be argumentative at all just letting you know where we come from.  

I understand where you’re coming from but post here long enough (more than a day or two) and you’ll get criticized for your opinion eventually. Happens to everyone...it’s not that big of a deal. That being said I wouldn’t blame you if you want to keep things to yourself. Do you man. 

9 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Edit: part of the done deal stuff on my end is a little tongue and cheek just from past comments from one individual....

You don't have to defend anything or share anything if you don't want.  Everyone here including myself appreciates your info and hope you continue to share it if you have some.  If you just said "I'm hearing good things" or "it's looking positive" instead of "done deal" or "this one is over with boys" I doubt anyone would ever have a problem.  I can say stupid stuff like "Romeo to Vandy" and while I look stupid if I'm wrong it's not a big deal because everyone here knows it's just my opinion and not anything I heard from a connected person.  While this isn't a pay site people here still look up to what you say much like the Peegsters look to Rabjohns. Anyway I think you're a good guy and hope you keep posting.

Archived