Trayce Jackson-Davis

I would like to say a few things about the "intel" that has come my way, along with others over the years.  Rarely if ever does it come from a player or coach. More than likely from friends, fellow students or family members. People that have run into a player or coach, and have decided to share, as well as give the ok to post on the board. Other times, they would prefer that it does not get posted on the board... they just want to share.   I'll give a few examples. A few years back, IU had a player who came through Mark Adam's A-Hope program. It just so happened that this player's future mother-in-law was/is a life long friend of Mr. Adams. And the mother befriended me via private messaging. She would have this player and many members of the team over for dinners and BBQ's. And she would share with me pictures, and things that were on the player's minds.  Most of the time it had nothing to do with basketball. She also was/is a life long friend of Kent Benson. And would share with me things about Kent's daughter, when Kent's daughter was on IU's volleyball team.  I rarely watch women's volleyball.  But those seasons, I made it a point to watch, as I felt I had a connection, as I did with the BB player, that some old IU fanatic in Colorado would never ever be able to get.

Then. There was the time IU was recruiting Cody Zeller.  And out of the blue, I get a private message from someone, I had never heard from or of before then.  A lurker, who worked at Washington High School with Cody's mom.  And the "intel" she wanted to share ?   The fact that, that day, Cody's mom received a package from IU's Athletic dept. Gear for the family.  NCAA violation ?  I don't know.  This was just before Cody announced.  Maybe a silent verbal ?  I don't know.... all I know is I appreciated the "intel".

Heard about Coach WIlson the day he arrived on campus and could not find his room at McNutt..... not from a player or coach, but from two students, who witnessed the incident first hand.

I've got tons more examples. But I will finish with a more recent event, so as to not to bore you all, any more than I probably already have.  Romeo.  Not one, but two friends of family, and/or the Mayor of New Albany. Keeping me updated to the point, that when I posted on HSN not to worry about Romeo, I felt confident in what had been told me for months.

Lastly.  I would like for everyone to consider one thing.... when it comes to "intel" about recruiting and recruiting, what is being said is just a snapshot in time. One last example... what if after they were told by their son the night before he was to announce, that the Jeffries called several of their closest and most trusted friends that he was going to Duke.  Only to find, he changed his mind, the next morning .  Do you think the Jeffries' friends thought they  were intentionally lied to  ? 

Again.  Recruiting and sharing information is just a snapshot in time.  What is true one night, may not be true the next morning. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I would like to say a few things about the "intel" that has come my way, along with others over the years.  Rarely if ever does it come from a player or coach. More than likely from friends, fellow students or family members. People that have run into a player or coach, and have decided to share, as well as give the ok to post on the board. Other times, they would prefer that it does not get posted on the board... they just want to share.   I'll give a few examples. A few years back, IU had a player who came through Mark Adam's A-Hope program. It just so happened that this player's future mother-in-law was/is a life long friend of Mr. Adams. And the mother befriended me via private messaging. She would have this player and many members of the team over for dinners and BBQ's. And she would share with me pictures, and things that were on the player's minds.  Most of the time it had nothing to do with basketball. She also was/is a life long friend of Kent Benson. And would share with me things about Kent's daughter, when Kent's daughter was on IU's volleyball team.  I rarely watch women's volleyball.  But those seasons, I made it a point to watch, as I felt I had a connection, as I did with the BB player, that some old IU fanatic in Colorado would never ever be able to get.

Then. There was the time IU was recruiting Cody Zeller.  And out of the blue, I get a private message from someone, I had never heard from or of before then.  A lurker, who worked at Washington High School with Cody's mom.  And the "intel" she wanted to share ?   The fact that, that day, Cody's mom received a package from IU's Athletic dept. Gear for the family.  NCAA violation ?  I don't know.  This was just before Cody announced.  Maybe a silent verbal ?  I don't know.... all I know is I appreciated the "intel".

Heard about Coach WIlson the day he arrived on campus and could not find his room at McNutt..... not from a player or coach, but from two students, who witnessed the incident first hand.

I've got tons more examples. But I will finish with a more recent event, so as to not to bore you all, any more than I probably already have.  Romeo.  Not one, but two friends of family, and/or the Mayor of New Albany. Keeping me updated to the point, that when I posted on HSN not to worry about Romeo, I felt confident in what had been told me for months.

Lastly.  I would like for everyone to consider one thing.... when it comes to "intel" about recruiting and recruiting, what is being said is just a snapshot in time. One last example... what if after they were told by their son the night before he was to announce, that the Jeffries called several of their closest and most trusted friends that he was going to Duke.  Only to find, he changed his mind, the next morning .  Do you think the Jeffries' friends thought they  were intentionally lied to  ? 

Again.  Recruiting and sharing information is just a snapshot in time.  What is true one night, may not be true the next morning. 

Mile, thank you for everything you have brought to this board. I hope that you, IUwins, CoachSS and anyone else who provides us with the tidbits they do continue to do so. I check the board almost hourly looking for something you guys might have. I know it is not the gospel and if it turns out to be fact even all the better. 
Those that criticize the above mention members need to take some mydol or move to another board. If they don't like what is being said get the heck out of dodge.The information these members provide is free. If you were paying for it then you would have a reason to be upset. 
Again, thank you and to you, IUwins and CoachSS, keep up the good work and keep on feeding those of us that appreciate and understand the little tidbits you provide. You guys are the best!

You boys don't have to get all butt hurt, take your ball, and go home. A little constructive criticism and it's, "well I just won't post anymore, take that."

All I was conveying is that there are some around here who like to speak in absolutes. Careful when doing so, as obviously , you have not even been close on this one and are looking more foolish by the day.

Others like to hate on professionals for putting their stuff behind pay walls, and have said that the exact same information shared behind said pay walls is shared here. Sure, several, if not all, of the "insiders" here subscribe to pay sites and get a lot of information there. Others, they are somewhat connected, and if you stay here long enough, every once in a while you will get some good info. However, the professionals are professionals for a reason, and people pay for their information for a reason. Again, not saying you can't get good info here, because sometimes you can, but just be weary of the wannabe's who want to break a non-story or pretend they are something they aren't.

Finally, TJD will be a Hoosier. Boom, insider baby!

4 minutes ago, Hoosier24 said:

You boys don't have to get all butt hurt, take your ball, and go home. A little constructive criticism and it's, "well I just won't post anymore, take that."

All I was conveying is that there are some around here who like to speak in absolutes. Careful when doing so, as obviously , you have not even been close on this one and are looking more foolish by the day.

Others like to hate on professionals for putting their stuff behind pay walls, and have said that they exact same information shared behind said pay walls is shared here. Sure, several, if not all, of the "insiders" here subscribe to pay sites and get a lot of information there. Others, they are somewhat connected, and if you stay here long enough, every once in a while you will get some good info. However, the professionals are professionals for a reason, and people pay for their information for a reason. Again, not saying you can't get good info here, because sometimes you can, but just be weary of the wannabe's who want to break a non-story or pretend they are something they aren't.

Ok let’s be clear. Nobody in all of history has made a successful argument using the term butt hurt

that being said I don’t take anything the insiders say as gospel. 

Every insider on every IU site has gotten things wrong. Even the most reliable imo(not on this site) has gotten some wrong

anybody who expects them to be perfect has unreasonable expectations

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Ok let’s be clear. Nobody in all of history has made a successful argument using the term butt hurt

that being said I don’t take anything the insiders say as gospel. 

Every insider on every IU site has gotten things wrong. Even the most reliable imo(not on this site) has gotten some wrong

anybody who expects them to be perfect has unreasonable expectations

One reason why I love this board. I feel like my wise a$$ game gets better. Your first sentence. In the history of successful arguing no one has used the term butt hurt. Classic....hahaha!

Lol the people complaining about the guys who get insider information are ridiculous.  Go somewhere else if it "bothers" you that they aren't correct all the time.  I greatly appreciate what they bring to the site, and probably wouldn't come here if they didn't provide what they do.  It's also hilarious that one of you immediately goes to other teams forums to spread the info that you are complaining about, so you seem like you have sources.  Envy much?

I think people are just upset we haven't had a 5 star commitment yet, and they are behaving like spoiled children.

I appreciate everything you guys bring to the site, and hope these very few people don't affect you because that is their goal, and it's unwarranted.

8 hours ago, Hoosier24 said:

Others like to hate on professionals for putting their stuff behind pay walls, and have said that the exact same information shared behind said pay walls is shared here. Sure, several, if not all, of the "insiders" here subscribe to pay sites and get a lot of information there. Others, they are somewhat connected, and if you stay here long enough, every once in a while you will get some good info. However, the professionals are professionals for a reason, and people pay for their information for a reason. Again, not saying you can't get good info here, because sometimes you can, but just be weary of the wannabe's who want to break a non-story or pretend they are something they aren't.

Seriously....🙄

not surprised on your only 2 likes on this post.  I guess forest gump was right after all. 

Guys be careful a couple of you are walking on the rules. Let me end this.

You guys with info post it if you wish. If you don't want to post it, don't. Thats up to you.

You guys reading said info, believe what you want or don't believe it. Thats up to you.

But the bashing or making fun of the guys bringing the info stops today.

8 minutes ago, Indykev said:

You guys with info post it if you wish. If you don't want to post it, don't. Thats up to you.

You guys reading said info, believe what you want or don't believe it. Thats up to you.

Thank you. 

11 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Assuming this isn’t direct towards me as I didn’t bash or make fun of anyone...but, I’ll note it and move on. 

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

When was anyone “bashed” or “made fun of” or “attacked”? Ive seen a couple comments of people criticizing “insider info” that turned out to be false. Haven’t seen a single comment that was inappropriate. What did I miss?

1 hour ago, Hoosier24 said:

Assuming this isn’t direct towards me as I didn’t bash or make fun of anyone...but, I’ll note it and move on. 

Forget that noise. I’m not interested in participating in a forum where there are different rules for different posters. The thing that makes this place great is definitely not “insiders”, it’s a community of fans who come together to talk IU sports, have debates, share opinions. This place exists without “insiders”. It in no way exists without the rest of us and providing a platform to express opinions. The rules are same for everyone. If I can be bashed for having an opinion not shared by someone else an “insider” can be equally criticized for making a false statement. 

11 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

Forget that noise. I’m not interested in participating in a forum where there are different rules for different posters. The thing that makes this place great is definitely not “insiders”, it’s a community of fans who come together to talk IU sports, have debates, share opinions. This place exists without “insiders”. It in no way exists without the rest of us and providing a platform to express opinions. The rules are same for everyone. If I can be bashed for having an opinion not shared by someone else an “insider” can be equally criticized for making a false statement. 

Stay and keep posting. There’s nothing wrong with expressing your opinion. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

No ones forcing you to participate here in this forum - are you bigger than HSN? You need JUSTICE! Get a grip dude. The insiders on this forum should not be criticized for making a false statement. There’s no false or true statements - semantics aside. They’re passing along what they’ve heard, like we all would do if we heard something worth sharing. There’s a very big difference between an opinion on a discussion topic and passing along info. Passing along info is not up for criticism, wrong or not. Things change all the time. The users sharing the info and users consuming the info understand this. Can’t criticize someone for something that could change down the line and ultimately is out of their hands. This cannot become an environment where people are hesitant to share info due to the possibility of being criticized. We’re not here to keep people accountable, it’s never been necessary and it’s not necessary now. People on HSN just don’t share bogus info so there’s never been a need, let’s not start now.

44 minutes ago, Max said:

No ones forcing you to participate here in this forum - are you bigger than HSN? You need JUSTICE! Get a grip dude. The insiders on this forum should not be criticized for making a false statement. There’s no false or true statements - semantics aside. They’re passing along what they’ve heard, like we all would do if we heard something worth sharing. There’s a very big difference between an opinion on a discussion topic and passing along info. Passing along info is not up for criticism, wrong or not. Things change all the time. The users sharing the info and users consuming the info understand this. Can’t criticize someone for something that could change down the line and ultimately is out of their hands. This cannot become an environment where people are hesitant to share info due to the possibility of being criticized. We’re not here to keep people accountable, it’s never been necessary and it’s not necessary now. People on HSN just don’t share bogus info so there’s never been a need, let’s not start now.

Deleted by admin

In a sense, I hope TJD didn't give the staff a definite promise that he's coming.  I really want him (and KBJ) to come to IU, but I don't really embrace the idea of visiting schools and letting them think you are truly interested in joining their teams if you have no intention of seriously considering them (remember our reactions to Darius Garland).  If he's told the staff we are the team to beat and he intends to commit unless another school can convince him to go there, then that's cool.

This isn't meant to doubt, demean, or refute any inside info that others may offer, I really enjoy and appreciate hearing what they say.  I take everything (EVERYTHING) I read with a dose of skepticism until dead solid proof is presented.

1 hour ago, Zuckerkorn said:

In a sense, I hope TJD didn't give the staff a definite promise that he's coming.  I really want him (and KBJ) to come to IU, but I don't really embrace the idea of visiting schools and letting them think you are truly interested in joining their teams if you have no intention of seriously considering them (remember our reactions to Darius Garland).  If he's told the staff we are the team to beat and he intends to commit unless another school can convince him to go there, then that's cool.

This isn't meant to doubt, demean, or refute any inside info that others may offer, I really enjoy and appreciate hearing what they say.  I take everything (EVERYTHING) I read with a dose of skepticism until dead solid proof is presented.

Well, actually most coaches want a 5* to visit, even if they know the kid will commit elsewhere.  It's good for the program.  There was some dirty football recruiting expose a couple years ago stating that kids can get paid $2500 just to show up for a visit, even if the coach knows they won't commit.  It elevates a program's reputation when the top guys are visiting.

2 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Well, actually most coaches want a 5* to visit, even if they know the kid will commit elsewhere.  It's good for the program.  There was some dirty football recruiting expose a couple years ago stating that kids can get paid $2500 just to show up for a visit, even if the coach knows they won't commit.  It elevates a program's reputation when the top guys are visiting.

Pretty sure Preston was said to have been charging for visits. 

Archived