Trayce Jackson-Davis

36 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

As wrong as he is about everything else, this actually concerns me that TJD is going elsewhere.  I'd felt a lot better if he'd tweeted about a silent verbal to Purdue.

I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Wait a habitual Twitter hot takes prediction for IU makes you more nervous TJD isn’t bound for Bloomington?!? Please don’t allow ignorance like this influence you. I have yet to hear credible information that TJD aid a lean elsewhere. No doubt he will officially become a Hoosier over the next few weeks! Archie for prez

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, DocHoosier said:

Wait a habitual Twitter hot takes prediction for IU makes you more nervous TJD isn’t bound for Bloomington?!? Please don’t allow ignorance like this influence you. I have yet to hear credible information that TJD aid a lean elsewhere. No doubt he will officially become a Hoosier over the next few weeks! Archie for prez

I'm not officially worried...LOL...that guy is an absolute clown.  Was very tongue-in-cheek I promise.

1 minute ago, zerawkid said:

Smokescreen so that when he visits for Louisville game his announcement will be a surprise? 

Or, simply, the playing field has tilted a bit.

Hard to say for me, but I'm not going to engage in a bunch of hand-wringing.  That would be...Purdue-ish.

Trayce is going to see a very good IU team this season and he's being recruited by an IU staff I have a lot of confidence in.  I sleep well at night.  IU is going to be very good for a long time.  Recruits will see that.

4 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

It’s time to admit that we’ve received some inaccurate information, shared in good faith, but it’s time to stop taking that out on the kid with comments like this. 

It's just as likely that the young man has shifted into some indecision as a result of some strong recruiting efforts.

A third long shot possibility is that this is indeed a smokescreen.  It's a real possibility that he's annoyed by how his choice is being taken for granted.

I wouldn’t go that far, at least yet, DJ

what this is, is the kid delaying his commitment, which is now the thing to do. Really no reason for him to commit now, unless it’s what he wants to do to get things over with. Waiting a bit, watching how teams develop, makes sense. 

So basically this may signal he’s not leaning anywhere and is vetting his options, or it may signal only that he’s taking his time while still an IU lean. 

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

It's just as likely that the young man has shifted into some indecision as a result of some strong recruiting efforts.

A third long shot possibility is that this is indeed a smokescreen.  It's a real possibility that he's annoyed by how his choice is being taken for granted.

I’ve always had a belief that Archie is willing to work with recruits in this regard. Look how he handled Romeo. I’m not saying that he told Trayce to milk this one, but I’m sure that he’s well aware of the current landscape with this generation. There’s always games within games at the top levels .

3 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I wouldn’t go that far, at least yet, DJ

what this is, is the kid delaying his commitment, which is now the thing to do. Really no reason for him to commit now, unless it’s what he wants to do to get things over with. Waiting a bit, watching how teams develop, makes sense. 

So basically this may signal he’s not leaning anywhere and is vetting his options, or it may signal only that he’s taking his time while still an IU lean. 

Nah, there are objectively inaccurate declarations here. And I don’t care about that, as long as it doesn’t lead to posts trashing the kid. 

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

It’s time to admit that we’ve received some inaccurate information, shared in good faith, but it’s time to stop taking that out on the kid with comments like this. 

Not taking anything out on anyone, just calling it like I see it.  At this point, I’m focused on this season, and excited to see how it plays out.  I know I’ve said that I think he’s a “must get” in the past, but right now, the TJD soap opera just isn’t moving the needle for me much for whatever reason.  Kid isn’t Romeo good — not worth the angst.  

And for all of our sakes, let’s steer clear of the insider info conversation, lol

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

Not taking anything out on anyone, just calling it like I see it.  At this point, I’m focused on this season, and excited to see how it plays out.  I know I’ve said that I think he’s a “must get” in the past, but right now, the TJD soap opera just isn’t moving the needle for me much for whatever reason.  Kid isn’t Romeo good — not worth the angst.  

And for all of our sakes, let’s steer clear of the insider info conversation, lol

You steer clear of bashing the kid, and we’re all good. 

Archived