Trayce Jackson-Davis

46 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Maybe...

MSU was just highlighted in a top 5 matchup v Kansas and I think are scheduled to play in that for the next 4 years. They have been invited to play on Naval ships and other high profile games. As long as Izzo is coach, they will be national media darlings.

IU should be in that position as well, and quite possibly CAM can restore us there. Fact is, we don’t have the cache that Izzo has built based on the product on the floor. As long as Izzo brings in highly rated kids , he’ll coach them be contenders and they will always be in featured games 

Maybe ...

Izzo's in his 24th year as MSU's HC. MSU just went through a pretty ugly scandal. Izzo is on the downside of his MSU run. Meanwhile CAM is very much an up and coming still young coach, and IU looks to be a ranked team this year with reason to believe it's becoming, again, the flagship U for basketball in IN that will kill it in recruiting, and with a guy like Romeo this season, media attention, already very good, will grow fast. 

Like stocks, past returns don't necessarily signal future gains.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he wants to see how this new group of players grows under Archie’s system. I know as fans we want to see the Ws, but I think as a player they want to showcase their abilities for the next level. If I’m not sure I want to focus hard on defense, I’m not sure I want to play for Archie

12 hours ago, iufaninand said:

I think he wants to see how this new group of players grows under Archie’s system. I know as fans we want to see the Ws, but I think as a player they want to showcase their abilities for the next level. If I’m not sure I want to focus hard on defense, I’m not sure I want to play for Archie

If the first 2 games are any indication, they are doing quite well, thank you..........

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

The day one of those picks flips from Indiana to another choice, I'm taking a few days off from here...LOL...

I don't get this recruitment. I thought for sure he'd be locked up by now.  I really think he is what 0708 said he is or else Izzo got to him and we're in trouble.  Not sure.

9 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I don't get this recruitment. I thought for sure he'd be locked up by now.  I really think he is what 0708 said he is or else Izzo got to him and we're in trouble.  Not sure.

I’m the one about 4 months ago that said he is looking for attention and got bashed for it. When I talked to the kid face to face and heard his interviews I just got that feeling last spring. 0708 just recently expressed those thoughts. 

3 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I’m the one about 4 months ago that said he is looking for attention and got bashed for it. When I talked to the kid face to face and heard his interviews I just got that feeling last spring. 0708 just recently expressed those thoughts. 

Sooo...  You want more attention, for blaming someone else for wanting more attention?

Got it.  

1 hour ago, dbmhoosier said:

Who knows...I'm guessing he still goes to IU because the basketball environment is hard to resist and IU has a good track record of NBA success, but trying to predict accurately the minds of 17 and 18 year-olds is an exercise in futility.  I just decided to enjoy the ride and cheer the guys in the candystripes.

My guess as I said before is, he got tired of everyone around him leaking about his imminent commitment and he decided he'd inject some mystery into the process to introduce an element of uncertainty and make the "insiders" look silly.

2 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

So TJD says he is committing later than expected and now everyone is freaking out but what if it’s so he can make his announcement on his own time when no one is expecting it so it doesn’t get leaked.... this week would be the perfect time to announce because no one is anticipating it!

That thought has crossed my mind as well...a bit of misdirection.  I'm guessing he will guard his recruitment info a lot closer than before due to all of the loose lips around him.

Just now, FW_Hoosier said:

image.png.89389cfe3892933049d515570d7dcd57.png

image.png.bf3d18b1f98954c9a3e07e93c2b43637.png

image.png.c2056fdf45b516c698ecc4d6af6033fe.png

Kudos to idiot fans putting pressure on him, you're the reason for the delay!

I swore I was not posting until we had our guys signed. I am no longer going to allow 2 guys that dont know their rear end from 3rd base keep me away from a place I love.

Nothing in this recruitment has changed. The leaks were coming from those closest to him. He wants his day in the sun and with so many of us and others saying done deal he was losing that moment.  All this recent noise is just that.  A way to try and create some suspense. Yes lots of IU fans were pressuring on social media etc... his recent statements are slowing it down some.  Now many IU fans are hoping its us not and not assuming its a done deal. Now he is getting chose Iu not when are u committing to IU.

To prove it's not a "package deal"  KB and TJD will have a couple weeks between announcements.  Pleaee take all with grain of salt or dont take at all.  

PS. It has not been to get more attention but to try and create suspense. 

33 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I swore I was not posting until we had our guys signed. I am no longer going to allow 2 guys that dont know their rear end from 3rd base keep me away from a place I love.

Nothing in this recruitment has changed. The leaks were coming from those closest to him. He wants his day in the sun and with so many of us and others saying done deal he was losing that moment.  All this recent noise is just that.  A way to try and create some suspense. Yes lots of IU fans were pressuring on social media etc... his recent statements are slowing it down some.  Now many IU fans are hoping its us not and not assuming its a done deal. Now he is getting chose Iu not when are u committing to IU.

To prove it's not a "package deal"  KB and TJD will have a couple weeks between announcements.  Pleaee take all with grain of salt or dont take at all.  

PS. It has not been to get more attention but to try and create suspense. 

If you really think about it, his desire for suspense, creates more attention.

Archived