Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Don't see a lot of MAX viewership (all eligible coaches watching the same player at the same time) in-season. 

Given the conversation Trayce had with the staff after the UCD game coupled with the fact IU sent all 4 coaches and Franklin drove down from Fishers...

I think it's ok to accept IU is really pushing here with a lot, lot, lot of confidence. And, rightfully so. 

At no point has MSU or UCLA led in this recruitment and, at some point, the recruitment will end... mercifully :) 

Hopefully that is the case and not us trying one last ditch effort to get TJD like Roy Williams did for Cody.

really like the full court press for TJD, especially after he was in for the game on Friday and the four coaches were up to watch him not even 24 hours after him being at IU.  With the coaches watching him Saturday night, does that count as a visit or no and does it count as a visit with the coaches talking with him after the IU game Friday(assuming they talked)?  Curious how that works

Dustin Dopirak just did a nice profile piece on Jackson-Davis for The Athletic.  Touches on all the relevant recruiting stuff, including this quote from Ray Jackson, 

Our household is kinda split. Some want him to go here. Some want him to go there. I had to sit him down and say, ‘It doesn’t matter what we think. It matters what you think. But if you make a decision, I want you to come to me and give me facts on why you want to go somewhere. Not just because, I have friends there. Or, this coach is cool. Give me some facts.'”

I thought Dustin did a real nice job describing the family situation with both Ray and Dale in the picture.  Here's the link for any Athletic subscribers. 

https://theathletic.com/663811/2018/11/27/with-recruiting-tabled-until-spring-5-star-trayce-jackson-davis-focuses-on-basketball/

21 minutes ago, TargaFlorio said:

Dustin Dopirak just did a nice profile piece on Jackson-Davis for The Athletic.  Touches on all the relevant recruiting stuff, including this quote from Ray Jackson, 

I thought Dustin did a real nice job describing the family situation with both Ray and Dale in the picture.  Here's the link for any Athletic subscribers. 

https://theathletic.com/663811/2018/11/27/with-recruiting-tabled-until-spring-5-star-trayce-jackson-davis-focuses-on-basketball/

It's clear to me where step-dad doesn't want him going.   Personally,  I think step-dad needs to step off.   It ain't his decision.

McHoop

41 minutes ago, TargaFlorio said:

Maybe it's just me but when I read this maybe it's a lock to the kid but every one around him wants somewhere else? Is that fair to say or assume?

49 minutes ago, TargaFlorio said:

"Having friends there" is a fact...."coach is cool" is an opinion.  I would like to hear the step-dad's facts, see how factual they are.

Also if TJD family want to see him play in a lot of his games I would think they would favor IU.  With me working with Aaron henry's dad I see his struggle not being able to go to his games at MSU so I would think they would want him to stay at Iu so they could go to all the home games.

18 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Also if TJD family want to see him play in a lot of his games I would think they would favor IU.  With me working with Aaron henry's dad I see his struggle not being able to go to his games at MSU so I would think they would want him to stay at Iu so they could go to all the home games.

I’m sure Izzo is assuring him that the drive isn’t too bad and bs like that. 

Archived