Trayce Jackson-Davis

6 minutes ago, rico said:

You got your opinion and I got mine.  The fact remains that people "think" that K took over a dumpster fire.  No, he took over a dang fine gig.

No. It’s not about opinions...you called Duke history, rhetoric. They are diametrically opposed in terms of what they are and how they are defined.

What Coach K did after being hired isn’t “rhetorical,” it actually happened.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, rico said:

You got your opinion and I got mine.  The fact remains that people "think" that K took over a dumpster fire.  No, he took over a dang fine gig.

I think you’re missing the point Rico.  I didn’t post that to say K took over a dumpster fire.  Whether or not it was a good gig or not, he was still well below .500 after three years at the helm.  I posted that because some believe that if CAM doesn’t have us in the EE right away, we should move on.  Patience is a virtue that is lost most of the time amongst the instant gratification society we live in.  That was the point I was trying to make.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Yeah, Duke had some really good teams prior to his arrival.  I'm thinking of the teams with Gminski & Spanarkle. (NC State had some good teams too, prior to Valvano).

I think one coach that had an interesting early career and plenty of "failures" was Dean Smith.  Even after becoming a dominant team with superstar players, his teams underachieved many times.  All that said, the first few seasons of a coaches tenure don't define or predict his success.  When you look back on it, what Knight did in only a season or two was downright miraculous and extremely uncommon.  Archie has certainly had a much slower beginning but I still feel good about the future with him at the helm.

2 minutes ago, zerawkid said:

No. It’s not about opinions...you called Duke history, rhetoric. They are diametrically opposed in terms of what they are and how they are defined.

What Coach K did after being hired isn’t “rhetorical,” it actually happened.

Rhetoric to me....enough said.

Just now, Zuckerkorn said:

Yeah, Duke had some really good teams prior to his arrival.  I'm thinking of the teams with Gminski & Spanarkle. (NC State had some good teams too, prior to Valvano).

I think one coach that had an interesting early career and plenty of "failures" was Dean Smith.  Even after becoming a dominant team with superstar players, his teams underachieved many times.  All that said, the first few seasons of a coaches tenure don't define or predict his success.  When you look back on it, what Knight did in only a season or two was downright miraculous and extremely uncommon.  Archie has certainly had a much slower beginning but I still feel good about the future with him at the helm.

Duke was a powerhouse before K got there.  People seem to think he completely built the program.  K's timing was just off.  The ACC had fine teams when he arrived.  UNC, NC State, UVA, and Maryland.

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

good morning gang.  i posted this earlier and got no response.  i am very excited and very curious... all right, so i'm sure i could find this somewhere, but what is his game like? main thing i'm trying to figure out is that he is a 5 star recruit so should be a stud i assume. but he's listed as a center and is 6'8''-6'9''? i would think he either dominates down low or is very skilled on the wing as a 6'9'' kid. which is it?

I can't speak to his outside or wing game because he's on the block all the time (as he should be). What really impresses me when I've watched him is his footwork, ball handling,etc...for a big. There's no goofy...just very polished and smooth. Once he graduates in May....I expect Cliff to add the lbs to his frame next summer.

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

good morning gang.  i posted this earlier and got no response.  i am very excited and very curious... all right, so i'm sure i could find this somewhere, but what is his game like? main thing i'm trying to figure out is that he is a 5 star recruit so should be a stud i assume. but he's listed as a center and is 6'8''-6'9''? i would think he either dominates down low or is very skilled on the wing as a 6'9'' kid. which is it?

I’ll give it a shot.  From what I’ve seen, TJD is a very good low post scorer with great touch around the rim.  He can step out and hit a jumper, but that is a part of his game that is still developing.  He’s a great low post passer, rim protector, and he’s very athletic and long.  

1 hour ago, StLHoosier said:

I’ll give it a shot.  From what I’ve seen, TJD is a very good low post scorer with great touch around the rim.  He can step out and hit a jumper, but that is a part of his game that is still developing.  He’s a great low post passer, rim protector, and he’s very athletic and long.  

this is what i really like to hear.  seems 99% of players want to prove they can score outside even if they are 6'9'' or bigger.  i love the idea of a guy who looks to score inside!!! 

2 hours ago, rico said:

Duke was a powerhouse before K got there.  People seem to think he completely built the program.  K's timing was just off.  The ACC had fine teams when he arrived.  UNC, NC State, UVA, and Maryland.

Yes they already went to multiple FFs before K. Just didn't have a championship trophy. 

On 11/30/2018 at 8:56 PM, milehiiu said:

Thanks for you kind words. The insiders know who they are.  And have been pitching a no hitter, since Samsongate.  You know who they are, as well as I.   However, if I may, the intel on this board WAS second to none.  Till the critics took control, and drove off the real insiders, who at one time were willing to share.  And have held back because of the critics. 

Oh, and per Blue's request.  So happy that TJD is a HOOSIER !

More good news coming Mile, when it becomes more credible I’ll shoot you a pm! Thanks for always having our backs!

Archived