Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


milehiiu

Trayce Jackson-Davis

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

Haven’t heard much about Brooks, haven’t asked either.  I’m sure we are right in the thick of it though.  His dad and Schilling are close and that helps too.

Ok thanks for keeping the updates for the recruits I know myself and others really appreciate that

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had read that article too. TJD said he will cut his list down in July. Rumor mill was saying he was ready to commit anytime. What gives?

Edited by Bowhunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

I had read that article too. TJD said he will cut his list down in July. Rumor mill was saying he was ready to commit anytime. What gives?

18 year olds......... Whatcha gonna do????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, if I were advising him, I'd also tell him to take it easy as long as I was confident there was room.  Romeo definitely benefited from waiting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hoosrnight said:

Wow, I guess I’m out of it. I didn’t realize TJD was Dale’s kid.

I do my best to bring info to Hoosier Sports Nation members... for free.  Where others like to hide info behind paywalls.... even though the info is in the public sphere.

Thanks for being a member !

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

I do my best to bring info to Hoosier Sports Nation members... for free.  Where others like to hide info behind paywalls.... even though the info is in the public sphere.

Thanks for being a member !

 

First off, thank you Mile! I always appreciate your thoughts, insights, and info. I’ve been through all 3 HSN homes. I don’t post a lot, but have been with all y’all long enough, your all family! 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Not everyone of 247 puts their stuff behind a paywall.  Let's give this guy plenty of clicks, to show our appreciation.

Indiana basketball prospect Trayce Jackson-Davis has offers from most of the Big Ten

“They are all mostly the same, besides Indiana,' Jackson-Davis said"

 

Just commit now dude lol. Help your future head coach out so that he can work on filling your class out with Brooks & friends.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hoosrnight said:

Wow, I guess I’m out of it. I didn’t realize TJD was Dale’s kid.

Don't feel bad, I didn't know either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SpiderMonkey said:

Don't feel bad, I didn't know either. 

Fwiw.. Dale isn't in the picture much. I don't mean that as he is a bad dad by any stretch. (I honestly don't know) but TJDs, step-dad former NFL player too lazy to look his name up, has a lot more to do with him. Also.. TJDs brother (half brother) will be a FR, guess he's really good too. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, btownqb said:

Fwiw.. Dale isn't in the picture much. I don't mean that as he is a bad dad by any stretch. (I honestly don't know) but TJDs, step-dad former NFL player too lazy to look his name up, has a lot more to do with him. Also.. TJDs brother (half brother) will be a FR, guess he's really good too. 

Step dad's name is Ray Jackson. I only remember because I wondered if it was Ray Jackson of Fab5 but heard it was not. Didn't know he was an NFL player. His mom went from NBA to NFL players. Is she on one of those reality shows? 😜

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2018 at 12:02 AM, btownqb said:

Fwiw.. Dale isn't in the picture much. I don't mean that as he is a bad dad by any stretch. (I honestly don't know) but TJDs, step-dad former NFL player too lazy to look his name up, has a lot more to do with him. Also.. TJDs brother (half brother) will be a FR, guess he's really good too. 

No idea if it has any merit but I guess you would know. Have you heard that we should expect the committment soon before school is out. Wants to announce at the high school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

No idea if it has any merit but I guess you would know. Have you heard that we should expect the committment soon before school is out. Wants to announce at the high school. 

I have not heard any of those sort of specifics. Source was asked on Monday when they expect TJD to commit, and they said "soon." I have no idea when "soon" would be. There was also some saying TJD has told friends that he is going to IU. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to get creepy but Brooks tweeted something about best duo (he and TJD) and in the comments someone said best duo now is Romeo and Juwan. TJD liked it right away. To me a like is nothing. But it does at least show it's on the mind. I'd love nothing more than to get one of these kids to say yes by Memorial Day. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not to get creepy but Brooks tweeted something about best duo (he and TJD) and in the comments someone said best duo now is Romeo and Juwan. TJD liked it right away. To me a like is nothing. But it does at least show it's on the mind. I'd love nothing more than to get one of these kids to say yes by Memorial Day. 

The reaction also shows a level of maturity and him not taking it critically.  Its very easy to get wrapped up in oneself as a youth.  Social media as it is and extra attention paid out in overwhelming amounts...

I suppose one could spin it as not being super-competitive, but I will take the previous position. 

Of those we are currently recruiting not only do I think TJD will be the next to commit, I think I want him here the most.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not to get creepy but Brooks tweeted something about best duo (he and TJD) and in the comments someone said best duo now is Romeo and Juwan. TJD liked it right away. To me a like is nothing. But it does at least show it's on the mind. I'd love nothing more than to get one of these kids to say yes by Memorial Day. 

God I love this. 

I really want to like Brooks but my gut is telling me no. This could get ugly when we choose TJD over him. I know Archie and Ed have a plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Max said:

God I love this. 

I really want to like Brooks but my gut is telling me no. This could get ugly when we choose TJD over him. I know Archie and Ed have a plan.

I think they want to be package deal or at least want to play together pretty strongly? You feel pretty confident that it’s one or the other? 

Agree with the plan point for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Max said:

God I love this. 

I really want to like Brooks but my gut is telling me no. This could get ugly when we choose TJD over him. I know Archie and Ed have a plan.

They all have the same opportunity to say yes to IU. The position (from authority finally) is that if I'm in TJD, Brooks or anyone's camp like Watford or Carton.. is that by Archie locking up Romeo he has shown in his first year he can close and get kids. Which means in the recruiting world the takeaway is alive and well. Archie can set a deadline and say hey we love you to death but we have an operation to run here...after a certain date we'll be focusing our efforts on other recruits in addition to you. Or at least that's the way I would do it. 

Archie introduced himself and 12 months later Romeo said yes. Have to think others know that too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I think they want to be package deal or at least want to play together pretty strongly? You feel pretty confident that it’s one or the other? 

Agree with the plan point for sure.

We aren't taking one over the other. They are different positions so that won't be an issue. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

We aren't taking one over the other. They are different positions so that won't be an issue. 

Assuming romeo leaves and no transfers, we have 3 spots. Watford, TJD, Brooks and a guard - plus whoever we’re recruiting. There’s limited space.

18 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I think they want to be package deal or at least want to play together pretty strongly? You feel pretty confident that it’s one or the other? 

Agree with the plan point for sure.

I can’t tell. I agree though, looks like they do want to play together but normally don’t we hear that vocalized a bit more if that’s the case? They’ve simply been asked and said that it would be cool. I’m not confident in much w this specific recruitment, I think @btownqb sounds very tuned in we should follow his lead (and wait for the usuals 0708/SS/mile).

17 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

They all have the same opportunity to say yes to IU. The position (from authority finally) is that if I'm in TJD, Brooks or anyone's camp like Watford or Carton.. is that by Archie locking up Romeo he has shown in his first year he can close and get kids. Which means in the recruiting world the takeaway is alive and well. Archie can set a deadline and say hey we love you to death but we have an operation to run here...after a certain date we'll be focusing our efforts on other recruits in addition to you. Or at least that's the way I would do it. 

Archie introduced himself and 12 months later Romeo said yes. Have to think others know that too. 

It’s true. Just have to keep telling myself trust in Archie and Ed! I’m naming my first born Ed, most likely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Max said:

It’s true. Just have to keep telling myself trust in Archie and Ed! I’m naming my first born Ed, most likely.

We all know and have talked already about the good job CAM did this past year. But I can't help but feel Ed is worth his weight in gold right now. Fantastic hire, it's like the stars aligned to let us swipe him from UCLA (thank goodness he missed Indiana).  I hope we are paying him enough to keep him home. Not to sell any of the other coaches short.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ColtsIUDomer said:

We all know and have talked already about the good job CAM did this past year. But I can't help but feel Ed is worth his weight in gold right now. Fantastic hire, it's like the stars aligned to let us swipe him from UCLA (thank goodness he missed Indiana).  I hope we are paying him enough to keep him home. Not to sell any of the other coaches short.

Absolutely this. I knew he was going to be a massive hire but he’s exceeded my high expectations. I’m not sure how long we’ll be able to keep him here but hopefully the administration does it’s best to maximize his tenure. Let’s also not forget that we have him because Sean called him personally.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×