Trayce Jackson-Davis

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Information changes daily (they're 16-18 year olds, so obviously)... my information was 3-3.5 weeks ago when it was told to me the first time about him committing this week. Then on Monday it was "soon"... no idea when that'll be. 

Oh, I’m not saying it’s on you if he doesn’t commit in the next couple of weeks... and I completely understand kids being kids.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Max said:

I honestly don't see us recruiting this spring unless we're going to have a transfer. We have so many offers out, I'd be surprised if it doesn't fill up by December.

What I’m getting at is this, the NCAA is expected to change the transfer rule soon. So, there’s likely to be at least one every season, imo. That’s why you have to stay on the big recruits and see it through, because not many of them will decide before the spring signing period. Take Romeo for example. I’d say if we’re going to start landing more top ten kids, then we’d better get used to waiting on their services. 

27 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Rabby on twitter just posted an article about TJD wanting to play with Romeo, anyone have any info on what it says in more detail?

If Romeo stays two years that will have a big impact on his decision. Said he plans to make a decision in the fall.

What I got from it was is that if he knew Romeo was staying two years, he'd commit now.

18 hours ago, KDB said:

If Romeo stays two years that will have a big impact on his decision. Said he plans to make a decision in the fall.

What I got from it was is that if he knew Romeo was staying two years, he'd commit now.

This works perfect for Archie. We now have a recruit who said in public what his biggest issue is. We know that if Romeo stays we have him. Since most don't think that will happen....this is great for Archie because Archie can just harp on with or without Romeo here's what we're doing for you and you alone. Give him that personal attention and make it less about Romeo or more just about TJD.

This 2019 class could be one of the best I remember.

3 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Man, it would be so nice if Romeo would tell TJD that he plans to stay for 2 seasons.  

Hey, we can dream, right?  Unfortunately, not only is he a long shot to do that, but by the time he knew for sure, I'm assuming TJD would already be signed.

4 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Man, it would be so nice if Romeo would tell TJD that he plans to stay for 2 seasons.  

I think they are friends so I'm sure at some point they'll text back and forth about it.

If I were Romeo I'd just tell TJD that I don't plan on staying for two years but an early commitment would definitely make him reconsider  😉

45 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Btownqb's inside info said second week. Should be any time now for a commit.

I have gotten no new info. At least what TJD has said in interviews, it looks like MAYBE this could last longer. I honestly do not know. I'm curious to know the hold up. 

55 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

Going to be watching this thread next for #IUBB recruiting. 

I think it will happen before Center Grove starts school in early August. 

When exactly? I haven't asked around precisely but I could see it happening anytime between June 1 and August 1. 

Either way, it should be a damn good moment for #IUBB fans. Like April 30th all over... :)

Are u hearing where he will announce.  I had heard at the school so I assumed it would be before school is out. None the less this is another great job by the staff

23 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

No sir Billingsley. I haven't asked. I know some of the people who know him and his family well. They would probably know. 

Hope he keeps improving. I expect him to. Should make for a terrific college player, even if the time spent in college is brief. 

Thank you for sharing. I received that info from a CG  student so...

I truly appreciate all the Info you bring to theboard.. you are the E.F. Hutton of the board.  For those old enough to remember

27 minutes ago, CoachSS said:

No sir Billingsley. I haven't asked. I know some of the people who know him and his family well. They would probably know. 

Hope he keeps improving. I expect him to. Should make for a terrific college player, even if the time spent in college is brief. 

Appreciate the info on TJD I sure hope we land him ! Can you share any info on Brooks and the possibility of him becoming a hoosier? Thanks for all you do for the hoosier fans here

1 minute ago, Cutter said:

Appreciate the info on TJD I sure hope we land him ! Can you share any info on Brooks and the possibility of him becoming a hoosier? Thanks for all you do for the hoosier fans here

I wishI could.  I am not connected to any recruiting just lucked Into knowing some people VERY close to Romeo and worked for someone with ties to CG.  Otherwise I am just a fan 

7 minutes ago, Cutter said:

We have a dedicated thread to Brooks here on the board, you can find the information there.

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

We have a dedicated thread to Brooks here on the board, you can find the information there.

I know that the information I asked for wasn't there when I asked coach ss specifically haven't checked back until now

3 hours ago, CoachSS said:

Going to be watching this thread next for #IUBB recruiting. 

I think it will happen before Center Grove starts school in early August. 

When exactly? I haven't asked around precisely but I could see it happening anytime between June 1 and August 1. 

Either way, it should be a damn good moment for #IUBB fans. Like April 30th all over... :)

Are you hearing this from a source or just a hunch?

Thanks.

Brooks working to establishing a relationship with Romeo.

From our great friend TDH.   SIAP.

Keeping with the Jackson-Davis theme in the thread that I started.  Word is coming to me that Brooks may  also  be reaching out to Davis, to strengthen a relationship there.. As well.   Solid source.  But only one. Not sure as of yet.   Word also from this source.  Don't be surprised to see a commitment from Davis, in the not too distant future. 

The Romeo commitment seems to be having a domino effect amongst Indiana's elite players. 

Archived