Trayce Jackson-Davis

2 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

So a 66/33% minutes played to ad ratio is fine with most people. Got it! 

Alright I’m done. gee whiz! That’s very commendable of you btw Scott. I’m proud of you for stepping up. 

Thank you for those kind words and even if we disagree with trivial stuff like college basketball it is nice that people can still be civil.  One thing you make is sounds like this TV timeout thing is new but it has been like this since I started watching college basketball.  I watched the 81 championship game a few weeks ago and they had TV timeouts.  What I don't like is when a coach calls a timeout right before the TV timeout and the next dead ball they still have the TV timeout.  Also I think the problem with the game flow has more to do with the coaches timeouts.  I don't know if it is that the coaches today don't trust their players but it seems like they don't let the players work through a bad stretch.  again a few weeks ago I watched the 87 tournament games and in one of them RMK still had 3 timeouts with less than a minute to play.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TV viewership, as I’m sure you can imagine, has dropped dramatically so the large struggling tv networks who rely on TV ad revenue have to do this until they figure out another way to create more ad inventory unless they just dgaf. Just the way the world works now, there’s no changing it unfortunately. But people are watching less and less tv and using connected tv devices (Apple TV, roku etc) any streaming tv device and the ads will just make there way there in a matter of time. Where there’s eyeballs there will be ads and the more eyeballs the more ads. 

@Seeking6 @ADegenerate

1) My final comment on ads and stoppages. (Great point about filling two hours PO). TV networks have been dealing with 0 game stoppages for the most popular game in the world since TV started airing sports in soccer. There’s ways to deal with that and make money without constant break aways. Scott you’re right about there always being TV breaks but back in the day I’m remembering there being far fewer. It used to also be 1:30 I believe, then 2:00, then 2:30 in March...it sounds trivial but if no one complains or notices and believes it’s trivial then they’ll milk it for more. Yes, soccer has jaded my perception of other sports but I still believe there’s lessons to be learned from everywhere.

2) Some of the posters I’ve disagreed with are some of the ones I respect the most. At the end of the day I know (and it’s obvious) that I’m dealing with the fan base with the highest basketball IQ so even when I disagree I’m learning new things and gathering info that adjust my POV positively moving forward.

3) I can see the off topic thing being annoying for some but I agree with Mile here. The season is short enough and we have a lot of dead time so I think it’s fair game to get off topic within reason and with some moderate control. 

4) @PoHoosier is absolutely right. This is a great place, a great looking site, with good people posting, a good team running / moderating it, and very knowledgeable posters that I respect. I’m glad to be interacting and learning from all of you. 

5) I hope this Trayce kid signs soon. I hear he’s pretty good and might be leaning this way!

11 hours ago, ADegenerate said:

1) My final comment on ads and stoppages. (Great point about filling two hours PO). TV networks have been dealing with 0 game stoppages for the most popular game in the world since TV started airing sports in soccer. There’s ways to deal with that and make money without constant break aways. Scott you’re right about there always being TV breaks but back in the day I’m remembering there being far fewer. It used to also be 1:30 I believe, then 2:00, then 2:30 in March...it sounds trivial but if no one complains or notices and believes it’s trivial then they’ll milk it for more. Yes, soccer has jaded my perception of other sports but I still believe there’s lessons to be learned from everywhere.

2) Some of the posters I’ve disagreed with are some of the ones I respect the most. At the end of the day I know (and it’s obvious) that I’m dealing with the fan base with the highest basketball IQ so even when I disagree I’m learning new things and gathering info that adjust my POV positively moving forward.

3) I can see the off topic thing being annoying for some but I agree with Mile here. The season is short enough and we have a lot of dead time so I think it’s fair game to get off topic within reason and with some moderate control. 

4) @PoHoosier is absolutely right. This is a great place, a great looking site, with good people posting, a good team running / moderating it, and very knowledgeable posters that I respect. I’m glad to be interacting and learning from all of you. 

5) I hope this Trayce kid signs soon. I hear he’s pretty good and might be leaning this way!

Well said. Couldn't agree more.

28 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I saw Rabjohns released a new article on Trayce. Can anyone relate to us what it said? 

He said that he's nowhere near a decision.

Same six of IU, OSU, MSU, Purdue, UCLA, and Iowa along with Georgia and Memphis coming strong as well.

Also said that Romeo's decision to go to IU being from Indiana is really cool and will probably have an impact on what he does too. 

13 minutes ago, KDB said:

He said that he's nowhere near a decision.

Same six of IU, OSU, MSU, Purdue, UCLA, and Iowa along with Georgia and Memphis coming strong as well.

Also said that Romeo's decision to go to IU being from Indiana is really cool and will probably have an impact on what he does too. 

Nowhere near a decision🤔 Dang! I thought people on here were saying he was close to popping? 

2 hours ago, KDB said:

Not just people on here, even recruiting analysts.

Yes.  It was just last Wednesday, when Brian Snow said to expect a commitment by July.

As always, and what I have been saying since the days of Eric Gordon..... when it comes to teenagers...... expect the unexpected. 

At least the members on HSN don't get paid for passing information, like Snow and others do. 

17 minutes ago, Hoosier24 said:

Wait, I thought the “insiders”’said he was close to a decision? Now he’s taking all 5 visits, visiting UCLA in the fall, and “nowhere close to a decision.”???

I'll admit I got my hopes up for an early commit but have no problem at all with him taking all his visits. Never want a Trey Lyles situation or JB jr for that matter either. Be comfortable in decision. And if it goes to the fall....great way to see some phenomenal college football games for free. 

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

At least the members on HSN don't get paid for passing information, like Snow and others do. 

You’re not going to let this go are you? This is starting to become my favorite thing to sit back and watch on here.  Mile bashing the pay sites as the mods on here say HSN supports all sites and appreciates the work the paysites do. Keep up the good fight lol

21 minutes ago, hoosier10 said:

You’re not going to let this go are you? This is starting to become my favorite thing to sit back and watch on here.  Mile bashing the pay sites as the mods on here say HSN supports all sites and appreciates the work the paysites do. Keep up the good fight lol

Just don’t want anyone to be confused or spread a false narrative. All of our members are free to share their opinions, as long as they are within board rules, including mile. But the staff here has no issues with any other IU sites. I look at it as similar to the craft brewery community. Technically competing for the same audience, but we share the same passion and there’s no reason to sling mud. It certainly doesn’t make the mud slinger look good. We try to make this site enjoyable for our visitors, and I think that speaks for itself. 

16 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

We absolutely appreciate all of the other sites, it's all about IU basketball. We're glad to be one of the sites that people enjoy, that's why we built this place.

I know you guys do- Love what YOU set up here btw.  Weird that others get credit when they clearly don’t run this place.  It’s the only IU site I read anymore because every time I go to Insidethehall I get a fake amazon/Walmart pop up that takes over my iPhone browser- The only way to exit is to shut down the app.  

That site is corrupted in some way due to all the ads, and I’ve noticed it isn’t encrypted either.  I like what Alex provides, but I literally can’t navigate that site on my phone anymore without a takeover ad. Do others have this issue?  Someone should let Bozich know if others are experiencing what I am because it’s probably hurting his traffic to the site.  This is not me saying paysites are bad btw.  I have no problem with someone providing a service others are willing to pay for.

Archived