Trayce Jackson-Davis

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HoosierMama said:

Not really much about his college decision, but still a good article about TJD from the Indy Star today. 

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/11/19/trayce-jackson-davis-ready-make-run-state-title-mr-basketball/2058353002/

Thank you HM, for that contribution.

And for that..... this pie for you is on me.   Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

image009.jpg

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thank you HM, for that contribution.

And for that..... this pie for you is on me.   Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

image009.jpg

I received the Hoosier Mama pie book one year for Christmas.  Since then I make the chocolate cream pie from that book every year on Thanksgiving.  Will send a virtual piece to you all!

10 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Anthony Edwards(Guard), 2020 prospect just reclassified to the 2019 class and is now the #1 ranked player in the nation.  TJD is not a guard but they are also in on a few other top players.  May not have enough scholarships if more than one of those three commit?

Edwards said his top 5 right now is Florida State, Kentucky, North Carolina, Michigan State, and... Georgia.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, HSRecruitingNews said:

Went to the CG game against Franklin Community tonight, I believe Trayce had 28 but he wasn't really trying much, they blew them out and the kid guarding him was 6'2".

Imagine there will be a lot of that for him this year. I know he can dominate in the post but I would like to see him work in a face up jumper from like 15-17 feet out. I don't need him shooting 3's or anything but if he can add a solid jumper to his game then that will open things up for him a bunch.

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I would say something but then again...perhaps Archie said the very same thing to Romeo last year after we lost to ISU and IUPUFW....so I'll shut my mouth.

Yeah, not comparable. If Archie is losing to that level of team and not making it past the Sweet 16 after year 7, then maybe you could say something. 

12 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Yeah, not comparable. If Archie is losing to that level of team and not making it past the Sweet 16 after year 7, then maybe you could say something. 

Well Crean didn't recruit any of the kids on his team...he is playing with what was given him....just like Archie did last year....actually Archie probably had more talent last year than Crean has this year at Georgia....the only issue was Archie was trying to teach the players Crean left behind and break them from their awful habits...I'm sure Crean's guys have at least been taught the basics down there....but I don't see why year 1 from Archie should be different than year 1 for Crean at Georgia as far as expectations.

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well Crean didn't recruit any of the kids on his team...he is playing with what was given him....just like Archie did last year....actually Archie probably had more talent last year than Crean has this year at Georgia....the only issue was Archie was trying to teach the players Crean left behind and break them from their awful habits...I'm sure Crean's guys have at least been taught the basics down there....but I don't see why year 1 from Archie should be different than year 1 for Crean at Georgia as far as expectations.

Crean has the following:

Top 150 senior

Top 75 junior

Top 150 junior

#51 sophomore

Two 4 star frosh. 

23 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Crean has the following:

Top 150 senior

Top 75 junior

Top 150 junior

#51 sophomore

Two 4 star frosh. 

No offense and maybe you are right because I don't follow Georgia that much but that doesn't tell me squat about talent. I mean are any of them as good as Juwan who Archie had last year? I mean Robert Johnson was higher rated than all those guys and we see how he turned out. Robert Phinessee is way better than the recruiting services credit him....but if they honestly have talent on that team and Crean isn't getting better results out of them...then I'll just have to take your word for it. I do think Archie is a much better coach no doubt...but even good coaches can struggle their first year...as Archie did last year...so I will give Crean time at Georgia to improve.

22 hours ago, dgambill said:

No offense and maybe you are right because I don't follow Georgia that much but that doesn't tell me squat about talent. I mean are any of them as good as Juwan who Archie had last year? I mean Robert Johnson was higher rated than all those guys and we see how he turned out. Robert Phinessee is way better than the recruiting services credit him....but if they honestly have talent on that team and Crean isn't getting better results out of them...then I'll just have to take your word for it. I do think Archie is a much better coach no doubt...but even good coaches can struggle their first year...as Archie did last year...so I will give Crean time at Georgia to improve.

Tom Crean has never been a talent issue.  It’s a defensive issue.  Well part of the job is to get as talented and athletic kids as possible and then mold them.  He will last a long time at Georgia because overall it’s administration sucks at basketball.  They kept Fox way too long. It will be funny to watch him suck there.  

18 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

Tom Crean has never been a talent issue.  It’s a defensive issue.  Well part of the job is to get as talented and athletic kids as possible and then mold them.  He will last a long time at Georgia because overall it’s administration sucks at basketball.  They kept Fox way too long. It will be funny to watch him suck there.  

Kinda like IU is with football...

49 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Pegram just said Archie and all three assistants are there. Between last night and tonight it feels like we could be near the finish line 

I feel a commitment coming early December.  And an LOI in the Spring.

Hoosiers need to impress, just as they did for Romeo. 

Archived