Trayce Jackson-Davis

16 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If true I wish these parents would let the kids decide for themselves where they are the happiest.  To me it appeared that TJD really loved IU and was there a lot during the fall and all of a sudden it just changed.  To me parents need to be parents and not live their lives through their kids lives.

Unless of course the parents are pro-IU

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If true I wish these parents would let the kids decide for themselves where they are the happiest.  To me it appeared that TJD really loved IU and was there a lot during the fall and all of a sudden it just changed.  To me parents need to be parents and not live their lives through their kids lives.

It seems there are a couple different things being conflated here. I have a high level of confidence that TJD was close to committing at HH and I'm 99.9999% sure that my source is not the same source as others have received the same information from. After he didn't commit and as he was offered by and began to take closer looks at other schools a lot of rumors began to pop up about him being pushed one way or another by either his father or his step father. I suspect most if not all of them are rumor and not fact. I don't think there is any real evidence that TJD's parents won't let him decide for himself. From what I've been told, TJD himself has had his interest easily swayed from one school to another. Based on what I've been told, I think IU is in good shape and I believe that IU will be among the final schools he is considering but this has a long way to go yet. 

This kid seems to have a good head & I firmly believe if CAM & staff + HN show that he is priority it will be no contest.  If he is played second fiddle, it will open the door for Izzo or any other big time program to easily swoop in & steal another great Indiana HS player!  Let’s not put all our EGGS in one basket, especially for a long shot!

4 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

This kid seems to have a good head & I firmly believe if CAM & staff + HN show that he is priority it will be no contest.  If he is played second fiddle, it will open the door for Izzo or any other big time program to easily swoop in & steal another great Indiana HS player!  Let’s not put all our EGGS in one basket, especially for a long shot!

Long shot?  Not according to his 100% IU Crystal ball.  Granted, I don't think he is 100%, but neither is he a long shot...by a long shot.

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Long shot?  Not according to his 100% IU Crystal ball.  Granted, I don't think he is 100%, but neither is he a long shot...by a long shot.

I think the long shot he is referring to is Romeo. Several of BornHoosier's posts have been advocating for Archie to stop recruiting Romeo and focus on TJD. 

5 hours ago, hoosierBGH said:

I think the long shot he is referring to is Romeo. Several of BornHoosier's posts have been advocating for Archie to stop recruiting Romeo and focus on TJD. 

I see.  I think Archie has sufficient resources to recruit and sign both of them, but that's just me.

What I find a bit comical is the idea IU can't roll the red carpet out for 2 players. There's only so much contact you can have with a player. I imagine keeping them both feeling like they are a priority isn't that hard and if it is we are in a world of trouble. 

1 hour ago, Jacarcio said:

What I find a bit comical is the idea IU can't roll the red carpet out for 2 players. There's only so much contact you can have with a player. I imagine keeping them both feeling like they are a priority isn't that hard and if it is we are in a world of trouble. 

It is even more comical when there is a pretty good chance that landing Romeo increases the odds of landing TJD, IMO. 

On 3/1/2018 at 2:50 PM, Jacarcio said:

So far the red carpet is down for RL but have yet to see the same dedication for TJD from CAM or HN.  Don’t wait til Duke, NC or Kesucky come calling to lay that “red carpet”,  it might be too late is what I’m trying to say.

On 3/1/2018 at 4:20 PM, hoosierBGH said:

It is even more comical when there is a pretty good chance that landing Romeo increases the odds of landing TJD, IMO. 

What’s most comical is the possibility of NOT landing Romeo & the affect it will have on other recruits.  Hope I’m wrong but until I see High profile Indiana recruits sign their letters of intent to play for IU I will remain pessimistic.  I say it as I see it & both RL & TJD are essential to our goals.

9 hours ago, BornHoosier said:

What’s most comical is the possibility of NOT landing Romeo & the affect it will have on other recruits.  Hope I’m wrong but until I see High profile Indiana recruits sign their letters of intent to play for IU I will remain pessimistic.  I say it as I see it & both RL & TJD are essential to our goals.

Here ya go, see if this makes your day go a little bit better: Scroll down and look at TJDs tweet

On 3/4/2018 at 12:07 AM, BornHoosier said:

So now Romeo is essential even though you've been advocating for giving up on his recruitment in order to focus on TJD in several threads?

On 3/1/2018 at 6:21 PM, Hoosier987 said:

Here’s an idea - let’s land Romeo, TJD and Brooks. I don’t see why we couldn’t. We got as good of chance as anyone - if not the best - with these 3

Happens for programs like Duke, Kentucky, Kansas every year....why not us once every 25?

Archived