Trayce Jackson-Davis

46 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You act like Green isn’t a turnover machine also. 

Not to belabor this, as we're kind of going in circles at this point, but the team could certainly overcome losing Hunter, or losing Thomson, or losing McRoberts, or losing Green, or losing Davis, but no team is going to overcome losing all of those guys, or even most of them, at the same time. No team would and a drop in play in flat-out inevitable when you're missing that many guys. It's unavoidable. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well if that’s the case it’s time to start proving it by not letting the same things go wrong every game

The lack of player development to me is astonishing. 1 maybe 2 out of the 7 returning players looks better. 2 look worse. 

Does not look like we will have a supporting cast to surround TJD. That’s why I think he can’t be faulted for going elsewhere 

So, let me get this straight.  You don't see development in year two, so a coaching change is needed.  Hey, no problem.  Everyone's entitled to their opinion.  I just don't happen to agree.

6 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

So, let me get this straight.  You don't see development in year two, so a coaching change is needed.  Hey, no problem.  Everyone's entitled to their opinion.  I just don't happen to agree.

Where did I say a coaching change was needed?  Thinking a guy needs to do better and thinking a guy needs to hit the door are very differently. 

10 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Not saying he’s in Crean territory but I can’t even begin to count the number of times I was told to relax when voicing concerns about Crean. 

Bud, I’m with you about Crean, after all , he had more than enough time to establish himself and he only created divisions within the fan base, as well as the high school coaches that he should have been cultivating. Finally, he totally disenfranchised former players who saw through him and his lack of coaching credibility.

All that being said, your narrative is completely off base.

- Coach, in his second year, who is leading a team not comprised completely of his players, is subject to your criticism 

- Coach is clearly not cracking the whip hard enough to ensure kids make free throws. Maybe a cattle prod and a shock each time a kid misses a free throw will rectify the problem 

- Smith is soft. Green can’t hold onto the ball. Race and Hunter haven’t done crap. We play like utter crap. 

- Four games of the same old same old

Dude, you are relentless, if nothing else. I know you tried to couch your sentiments by saying you don’t think CAM should worry about job security. I think that you realize how ridiculous your takes are.

You do realize that these are kids, right? 

You do realize that every player that you  have criticized except for Green who has hardly played this year, are 18-19 year olds? Wonder how “polished “ or “complete” you were at that age?

- I am certain that you have considered the fact that 40% of the starters thus far this year are freshmen and that they will take some time to get acclimated to —living on their own, school, time management, higher level of competition, physical demands of workouts, travel, multiple games in short time frames

- Quite positive that you realize that any new coach needs time to bring in their players, implement their systems, develop their mindsets. 

There is a time and place for criticism.

Year 1 and a fifth is not the time to criticize the coach who was hired to clean up Crean’s deficiencies 

Not the time to criticize kids like Hunter and Thompson after 7 games in their careers... several that they weren’t even able to play 

Not the time to dump on Smith. Of course, you have the right to do so. Why not tear to shreds a kid that maybe just needs a confidence boost? Easy as hell to be invisible chat board guy ripping on kids.

I am making these comments while making a dangerous assumption that you are an adult who should know better. If you are just a student trying to figure things out on your own... my apologies. You don’t know any better. However, if my assumptions are correct, that you are old enough that you have life experiences to draw from in shaping your criticism,  then I just have one question for you. 

Would you be making the same comments about these kids if one of them were your son?

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Bud, I’m with you about Crean, after all , he had more than enough time to establish himself and he only created divisions within the fan base, as well as the high school coaches that he should have been cultivating. Finally, he totally disenfranchised former players who saw through him and his lack of coaching credibility.

- Coach, in his second year, who is leading a team not comprised completely of his players, is subject to your criticism 

- Coach is clearly not cracking the whip hard enough to ensure kids make free throws. Maybe a cattle prod and a shock each time a kid misses a free throw will rectify the problem 

- Smith is soft. Green can’t hold onto the ball. Race and Hunter haven’t done crap. We play like utter crap. 

- Four games of the same old same old

Dude, you are relentless, if nothing else. I know you tried to couch your sentiments by saying you don’t think CAM should worry about job security. I think that you realize how ridiculous your takes are.

You do realize that these are kids, right? 

You do realize that every player that you  have criticized except for Green who has hardly played this year, are 18-19 year olds? Wonder how “polished “ or “complete” you were at that age?

- I am certain that you have considered the fact that 40% of the starters thus far this year are freshmen and that they will take some time to get acclimated to —living on their own, school, time management, higher level of competition, physical demands of workouts, travel, multiple games in short time frames

- Quite positive that you realize that any new coach needs time to bring in their players, implement their systems, develop their mindsets. 

There is a time and place for criticism.

Year 1 and a fifth is not the time to criticize the coach who was hired to clean up Crean’s deficiencies 

Not the time to criticize kids like Hunter and Thompson after 7 games in their careers... several that they weren’t even able to play 

Not the time to dump on Smith. Of course, you have the right to do so. Why not tear to shreds a kid that maybe just needs a confidence boost? Easy as hell to be invisible chat board guy ripping on kids.

I am making these comments while making a dangerous assumption that you are an adult who should know better. If you are just a student trying to figure things out on your own... my apologies. You don’t know any better. However, if my assumptions are correct, that you are old enough that you have life experiences to draw from in shaping your criticism,  then I just have one question for you. 

Would you be making the same comments about these kids if one of them were your son?

I survived ten years of Tom Crean. CAM can have four and I'll finally start my clock.

Anyone getting ticked at Archie right now has ZERO perspective. Give me a break. 🙄

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

There's a reason one poster finally got the ignore button...made the entire forum much more readable, except when other members quote said poster.😕

I keep checking back for updates on TJD only to be disappointed, although I do appreciate your contribution of sanity to the forum.

4 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Guys,

This is a good debate. But of you wish to continue it, please start a new thread or jump into the post game thread. Let's keep this on track with TJD.  :)

Fair enough. I will say it did start as a commentary why I could understand TJD chooses somebody else. 

I have said my peace on the topic. Perhaps I’ll be bumping it in a few years who knows 

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I was called an idiot for 5 years for not being happy with Crean. Blindly believing the coach has it under control hasn’t gotten us anywhere since I was still in the crib. 

If you think Archie is comparable to Crean then you are blind -- there is NO comparison -- Arch is far better.

Archived