Beat Purdue....By Being Purdue?

The way to beat Purdue is lock down Carson like we did Howard in the Marquette game. Be aggressive with Morgan and get them in foul trouble. Lots of screens and back cuts from their over play on Romeo. We need to knock down 40% of our 3s.  In a perfect world I’d like to put a long armed guard on Carson as I think taller quick guards affect his jumper a bit better and can alter his drives. Not sure we have that guy. Hopefully Cline doesn’t hit threes falling out of bounds again but I think it will be a good game. I think we see MSU intensity.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

The way to beat Purdue is lock down Carson like we did Howard in the Marquette game. Be aggressive with Morgan and get them in foul trouble. Lots of screens and back cuts from their over play on Romeo. We need to knock down 40% of our 3s.  In a perfect world I’d like to put a long armed guard on Carson as I think taller quick guards affect his jumper a bit better and can alter his drives. Not sure we have that guy. Hopefully Cline doesn’t hit threes falling out of bounds again but I think it will be a good game. I think we see MSU intensity.

Cline does tend to hit a decent number of tough 3’s like that. Best shooter in the conference IMO. 

8 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Cline does tend to hit a decent number of tough 3’s like that. Best shooter in the conference IMO. 

Cline has been playing much better in January and February than he did early in the year, and that 3 he hit going into halftime vs Maryland was equal parts amazing and ridiculous. 

But I don't think anyone in the conference can out shoot Bohannon from Iowa.

20 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

Cline has been playing much better in January and February than he did early in the year, and that 3 he hit going into halftime vs Maryland was equal parts amazing and ridiculous. 

But I don't think anyone in the conference can out shoot Bohannon from Iowa.

I think a few IU players could outshoot those guys... if tequila is involved 

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

So do exactly what we haven't been doing for 2 months? 

3 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Is it just my imagination or does he always seem to be falling away from the basket when he shoots?  Something looks very unorthodox but it is highly effective.

The release is also incredibly fast.  Just cannot let him get much separation or let him get started.

Archived