Sean McNeil (JuCo)

Archie has reached out to the leading JuCo scorer. He is a 6'4 freshman SG originally from Kentucky. He is putting up over 30ppg and is a solid rebounder from the 2 position. Duke has already offered him, but other than that he has mostly small conference offers. Fits a need at IU more than anyone right now. 

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3580168/5c3958855b3e350828e79344

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, B_A said:

Thanks for sharing ISP. The one positive if Keion is headed elsewhere is shifting focus toward what we will need most next year, a 43.8% three point shooter who can space the floor.

Yup, Losing Keion will not feel great. But if Jerome Hunter can get clearance to play again we should be ok there. 

Probably be a solid pickup.  We do not need a homerun right now, but a solid single would help.  I think the guys we had this year were a single.  Another single gets us in scoring position, 20 wins is the goal next year.  Then with those baserunners on, you bring up the 3 and 4 spot hitter.  2020 and 2021 are where you look to hit the homeruns.  You just have to have some singles to start w.r.t. recruiting.  We got that.

Brooks would be nice but I really just need somebody with some talent who can come in and act like they give a crap about losing.  20 wins in 2019-2020.  Get whatever you can get to reach that goal.

13 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I can't believe for a minute that Duke offered.  A high school 2 star at a seemingly lower level junior college?  I guess it could happen as it appears Texas Tech and West Virginia have offered.  Apparently Virginia has been checking him out also. 

I agree but everyone needs shooters. 

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I can't believe for a minute that Duke offered.  A high school 2 star at a seemingly lower level junior college?  I guess it could happen as it appears Texas Tech and West Virginia have offered.  Apparently Virginia has been checking him out also. 

I agree but everyone needs shooters. 

11 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I like it. If we lose one of our current sophomores I would love to replace him with a Juco to help with class balance. Get him, Archie. 

I'm at the point where the heck with class balance. I need one person who can hit a 3. Just one. If we have 1 guy who can hit a 3 we win last night, home games with Iowa and Ohio St....and road games at Maryland and at Northwestern. Difference between 13-13 and 18-8 and a 6 seed in NCAA tourney. Just one shooter.

I am not a great recruiter of talent. So I will leave that up to the guys that do that for a living. To me that clip looked slow. Everyone kind of stood around. How would he do against D1 talent. I guess that is always the guestion. Look what happen to Fritz! Archie has to find a shooter so I am glad he is looking !! 

His school is in Dayton, OH. i'm sure Archie might know someone there. Kid is from KY. we are close to home. a plus. We have no one on our team that can make two in a row from outside 4 feet. Major plus.

Thick looking kid but looked quick enough, got to the rim. Wont be able to throw the one handed pass, we have no one that can catch it. lol. No really, that pass doesnt work at this level, see Devonte Green. In the gym range! Every shot he took was from the NBA to the volleyball court lines and shot 48%. What does he shoot if he is made to step in 5 feet to the NCAA line? Why not take a shot.

I didn't look but i'm guessing the kid was from a small high school in KY. Didnt play well in AAU and was miss rated. Luke Brown come to mind.

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

I am not a great recruiter of talent. So I will leave that up to the guys that do that for a living. To me that clip looked slow. Everyone kind of stood around. How would he do against D1 talent. I guess that is always the guestion. Look what happen to Fritz! Archie has to find a shooter so I am glad he is looking !! 

Fitz was sitting the bench or on his way to it. We rode that horse early and got what he had left. This kid is avg. 30 a game. Not even in the ballpark will Fitz.

18 minutes ago, A-hOhL said:

Sounds like we are VERY late to the party.  Hopefully we can make up some ground quickly...

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/archdeacon-college-coaches-flocking-dayton-see-sinclair-phenom/l6LnjvzodEMopxQOV2MrbN/

Bummed about Keion rumors but this kid would be an awesome get.  He's a leader and can shoot.  I'd think the proximity to home will help us in his decision.  We need to get one of those official visits and play the Wat Shot on the big screen for him.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Archived