Sean McNeil (JuCo)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

I hear you but is Archie gonna play him if he can't play defense?

Here is what I want to know. Why is it Virginia can get guys that arenโ€™t real athletic to be able to play defense but CAM canโ€™t and yet itโ€™s the same defensive system? If the guy can shoot and wants to play defense he will find a way onto the court.ย 

26 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Here is what I want to know. Why is it Virginia can get guys that arenโ€™t real athletic to be able to play defense but CAM canโ€™t and yet itโ€™s the same defensive system? If the guy can shoot and wants to play defense he will find a way onto the court.ย 

Exactly. A coach can take your worst athlete and make him serviceable on defense, but we have shown that you can have the greatest athletes but you can't make them good shooters. That has to be done on their own and some put in the time and some don't .ย 

Forrester is really the only guy Archie has recruited at IU to this point that you could say is an athlete first, basketball player second. He has yet to recruit a guy like McNeil, or guys like Bohannon or Cline, but it's not like he's been recruiting unskilled, ultra-athletes either.ย 

ย 

51 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Forrester is really the only guy Archie has recruited at IU to this point that you could say is an athlete first, basketball player second. He has yet to recruit a guy like McNeil, or guys like Bohannon or Cline, but it's not like he's been recruiting unskilled, ultra-athletes either.ย 

ย 

Idk but I would guess he had a few Cline like guys at Daytonย 

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not really... Only had aย guardย average more than 1 three per gameย at aย 40+% clip three times for the entire time he was there. ย But to be fair, Charlesย Cooke averaged just a hair under 40% on high volume during hisย two yearsย there.

14 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Not really... Only had aย guardย average more than 1 three per gameย at aย 40+% clip three times for the entire time he was there. ย But to be fair, Charlesย Cooke averaged just a hair under 40% on high volume during hisย two yearsย there.

Thanks. Too lazy to look it up myself. I think we could use a couple here

36 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Maybe, maybe not. Was just trying to not have the narrative that he's recruiting athletes as opposed to basketball players, because that hasn't been the case in his first two classes.ย 

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Maybe, maybe not. Was just trying to not have the narrative that he's recruiting athletes as opposed to basketball players, because that hasn't been the case in his first two classes.ย 

Of course. If people cant see TJD and KB and AF and not know they more than great athletes,ย  I got nothing for them. I would not a sprinkling in of a Cline or 2

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Of course. If people cant see TJD and KB and AF and not know they more than great athletes,ย  I got nothing for them. I would not a sprinkling in of a Cline or 2

Completely agree. I've already said that while I absolutely want Brooks and will be disappointed if IU doesn't get him, if he's really focused on 1 and done then maybe everyone is better off if IU were to land McNeil (I'm going completely off the one highlight clipย so trusting that is accurate of his game)ย instead. I'd love to land both.ย 

ย 

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Completely agree. I've already said that while I absolutely want Brooks and will be disappointed if IU doesn't get him, if he's really focused on 1 and done then maybe everyone is better off if IU were to land McNeil (I'm going completely off the one highlight clipย so trusting that is accurate of his game)ย instead. I'd love to land both.ย 

ย 

Me too. KB has that toughness we are currently lacking.ย 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived