Purdue post game

Indykev

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

The thing that's most annoying about Purdue is they just constantly foul and get away with it, and it's just so frustrating to watch.  They even won on a foul.

The team gave a lot of heart and effort tonight.  They just can't hit shots.

The old bump and grab defense that is marjeted as toughness. 

My takes....

1)Purdue shot awful and gave us every opportunity, but as usual for this team we couldn’t shoot and seize the opportunity. 

2)The team played their tales off.

3)Never in my life have I seen a team be so unlucky. Up 4 and the idiot hits the front of the rim, bounces three feet in the air and goes in. How many times have teams hit crap threes late in the game against us!? And the tip in....so much luck. 

4) Individually .... JM didn’t show up. Could point to individual instances by different guys throughout the game, as JS not helping on D late to protect the rim against a smaller player, etc, that could have made a difference. But what’s the point?

Just now, Hard Hat said:

Was saying the same thing myself.  I will say, Archie has no one he can put in to help.  This is just a bad, bad team.  Smith laughing in the huddle before the last play.  What could be funny at that moment?

I didn’t like that either!  He didn’t help much on defense when Carson got free the play before.

1 minute ago, SoInHoosier25 said:

2 timeouts and you can't draw something up for your best offensive weapon? No wonder Brooks might not come here. Last shot goes to a struggling Morgan? How about option 1-Langford. Then Al, or RP, or maybe even Green before a struggling Morgan. 

Romeo didnt get open. i'm sure he wanted smith to bring it up for a morgan 3.

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

My takes....

1)Purdue shot awful and gave us every opportunity, but as usual for this team we couldn’t shoot and seize the opportunity. 

2)The team played their tales off.

3)Never in my life have I seen a team be so unlucky. Up 4 and the idiot hits the front of the rim, bounces three feet in the air and goes in. How many times have teams hit crap threes late in the game against us!? And the tip in....so much luck. 

4) Individually .... JM didn’t show up. Could point to individual instances by different guys throughout the game, as JS not helping on D late to protect the rim against a smaller player, etc, that could have made a difference. But what’s the point?

3 of the last 4 games we have some lucky 3's goes in against us in ate game situations against OSU, Iowa and tonight so when thing go bad they just stay bad.

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think we can agree that both teams should burn the game tapes. 

It was a defensive clinic for both teams. Al played great defense on Edwards and you guys really locked down Morgan. In the end Haarms gets the winning basket. Might have been lucky...might have been a foul..but that kid just kept playing hard despite a hostel crowd. I just wish half our guys played with that intensity. Big win for you guys....you looked rushed and frenetic all night..but again Cline with those falling down 3s killed us. Good luck the rest of the way!

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Archie is now 0-6 against Painter and Holtmann.  Not good folks.  I honestly don't think he deserves a 3rd year although I know he's getting one.

Please just leave because your negative is getting on my nerves but maybe you are right and we should hire you as coach since you have all the answers.  I would love you to be coach because after every loss I would be on here ripping your butt because we would probably lose every game.

Archived