Purdue post game

Indykev

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bob said:

You may be right Rico but I would take him any time on my team! 

True.  In his original class, if OG was still here, Juwan would be an outstanding supplemental player.  I think he's running on fumes at this point in the season, and despite missing no games I think his shoulder isn't right (I've noticed him taking several one handed rebounds since the MSU game).  But the original point has validity - Juwan is not a crunch time star, but no one on this team seems to be.

2 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I think this might be the unluckiest IU team I've ever watched.

Honestly, against Iowa, the last Bohannon three was just GARBAGE, and it sealed the game.

Ohio State hits a well-defended dagger.

Cline falls down and his three bounces up and over into the hoop, and then Morgan finds the only slick spot on the floor.

Four of the last five games, IU hasn't actually played poorly, but it just seems like anytime there's a pass that hits an IU player in the head, for example, it bounces right to Ryan Cline as he's running toward the basket.  I really can't comprehend the number of unlucky bounces I've watched the ball take this year.  

Unluckiest team I've ever watched...

Actually that hit Harms head which I wish one our players would have thrown and hit him like Lewis did one time.  One thing I did like is that the team did not back down and loved that Davis went right back at Harms both times.

Smith played well, big rebounds when needed 

Green played within himself which was good to see 

The defensive effort on Edwards was outstanding 

Morgan settled for too many threes and left almost all of them short. Tells me that his legs are tired. Possibly due to having to play so minutes against bigs

For all the critics who say Romeo only gets so many shots— he doesn’t work hard enough for the ball. Doesn’t demand it. May be too nice of a kid. Needs a killer instinct 

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Justin got his butt in the lane he just missed some bunnies...I mean he did no worse than Morgan on those...his defense wasn’t great but that is the Justin we need...cutting and posting..not standing at the 3pt line.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Yes. I am glad you saw the game I saw.

God I hate the weave offense! I noticed tonight, more so then other nights are pickers in the weave roll slow to the basket. Also arouours guards don’t give the ball to the rollers. Ever. A lot of standing and watching. Great game by Romeo’s! He really did play some great D and scored . Others need to take off some pressure 

This game...ugh.

It was nice to see some effort, a little more of that the past 10 or 11 games and we possibly would not be in this incredible hole that we are in.  So that was "good". 

But we just lost to %$#@$% Purdue for like the 5th %$$-%^ time in a row, we lose on a tip in by a guy that had 4 %$##% fouls for the last 5 minutes of the game and we did nothing to try and foul him out.  We once again did not play Deron Davis late in the game...a guy who may have been able to hold Haarms off on that rebound and who was one of our better offensive options in the game.  And we lost holding our opponent to 48 points.  The offensive prowess of this team is abysmal.

So yay I guess for what should be the minimum requirement, they played tonight like they actually gave a crap, but my God this season just needs to end.  I still want wholesale changes in the offseason w.r.t. scholarship players.

16 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

Boycott the big 10 until we get some refs that are decent. Flat out screwed

Just spent several minutes of my life trying to figure out how to at least complain to the BIG about officiating! Still have know idea how that is accomplished? Guess the BIG is just used to protecting horrible officiating!  

Just now, Cbp4IU said:

I’m just so sad DeRon wasn’t in at the end. It just makes me angry. He didn’t play barely any after the 4 minutes if at all

Crazy, Huh.  I thought De'Ron played one... if not one of his  best games... as a Hoosier.   And it could not have come better than against any other opponent.  May have been raised in Colorado.... but continues to show to me... that...he has the heart .... of a Hoosier.

12 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

I've said it before about this team - we dont have a guy that other teams' fans want to punch in the face.  And that's a real problem. 

Couldn't agree more Cincy, the lack of competitive toughness all year has been a differance maker and a reason I refuse to point fingers at any coach. I played football at IU and while playing basketball in HS on state championship runs, I had no problem embracing the Haarms, Sheeheys, Cardinals, and Kramers' role. Physicality and toughness is just something that can't be taught and this team just doesn't have it. It's a role that's embraced and eventually will reflect upon others that leads to a team identity that no scouting report can plan for.

Painful loss. First half we played our butts off, but lots of really bad bounces and a couple bad calls.

Second half another war, came up short. This season sucks, but I said pregame I can live with an effort like this so I stand by that statement. 

Dissapointed Race didn't come in, but at the same time I understand the decision not to. Would have been his second college bball game to get thrown in there.

Just now, B_A said:

Couldn't agree more Cincy, the lack of competitive toughness all year has been a differance maker and a reason I refuse to point fingers at any coach. I played football at IU and while playing basketball in HS on state championship runs, I had no problem embracing the Haarms, Sheeheys, Cardinals, and Kramers' role. Physicality and toughness is just something that can't be taught and this team just doesn't have it. It's a role that's embraced and eventually will reflect upon others that leads to a team identity that no scouting report can plan for.

Mcbob was supposed to be that guy...hasn’t worked out this year

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Just spent several minutes of my life trying to figure out how to at least complain to the BIG about officiating! Still have know idea how that is accomplished? Guess the BIG is just used to protecting horrible officiating!  

Funny thing is if a player fixes a game it’s point shaving and they go to jail.  The BIG fixes games for $$$ and brands and it is just accepted.  It’s even more evident in football. 

1 minute ago, B_A said:

Haarms isn't tough he's soft as cotton. He's a flopping finesse player.

3 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Sat in our kitchen, eating dinner while watching the game with my son.  And the both of us could not believe the calls that were not called against Purdue.  As much as I despise Knight at this point in my life..... THAT, is something he would never have allowed to happen.  Arch... I love you man... but you've got to get more involved. Throw a chair or something.  But don't let the ref's get away with the crap they showed Tuesday night. 

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Crazy, Huh.  I thought De'Ron played one... if not one of his  best games... as a Hoosier.   And it could not have come better than against any other opponent.  May have been raised in Colorado.... but continues to show to me... that...he has the heart .... of a Hoosier.

Is it a stamina thing? I mean he’s a better free throw shooter than Smith. Also I truly believe if he’s in Haarms fouls out. I think the refs would have eyed those 2 the entire time 

1 minute ago, B_A said:

Totally agree.  I've played soccer my entire life. Even now in rec league I've been known to lay a shoulder into an opponent when we need a little kick in the rear.  I mean nothing dirty just shoulder to shoulder to let them know we arent rolling over. 

1 minute ago, CincyHoosier said:

I think there has to be a concerted effort by the coaching staff to get romeo shots.  Also run Al and Green off some screens to get catch and shoot 3s.  I dont know, why dont we do these things? Maybe that's just not how the game is played anymore.

I think the big problem is that we've been exposed as a team that has two scorers, and if you can stop Romeo from driving, there's no one that can shoot consistently enough to command the defense's attention.  Morgan also seems pretty exhausted at this point.  He's been going up against guys 2-4 inches taller than him all year.

So basically every team is playing the pack line on us, keying in on Langford, pretty much gifting us good looks from three, and we just can't hit the shots.

Romeo's not getting shots because he literally can't drive it; there's always at least two defenders to stop him, and no one can shoot consistently enough to open up the floor.

Just now, Cbp4IU said:

Is it a stamina thing? I mean he’s a better free throw shooter than Smith. Also I truly believe if he’s in Haarms fouls out. I think the refs would have eyed those 2 the entire time 

Could be a conditioning factor. Considering his injuries so far this year.  You do make a good point.

Archived