Purdue post game

Indykev

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

I think the big problem is that we've been exposed as a team that has two scorers, and if you can stop Romeo from driving, there's no one that can shoot consistently enough to command the defense's attention.  Morgan also seems pretty exhausted at this point.  He's been going up against guys 2-4 inches taller than him all year.

So basically every team is playing the pack line on us, keying in on Langford, pretty much gifting us good looks from three, and we just can't hit the shots.

Romeo's not getting shots because he literally can't drive it; there's always at least two defenders to stop him, and no one can shoot consistently enough to open up the floor.

Agree for the most part but Al and Green are at minimum serviceable from deep.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Q. When is over the top, not called  ?

A. When PU is playing IU. 

That was not a foul.  Haarms had the reach and made a clean tip.  We would have all gone crazy if an IU guy did the same thing and got called for a foul.

Bottom line is Purdue made the plays they needed to at the end and we dribbled it out of bounds.

1 minute ago, CincyHoosier said:

Agree for the most part but Al and Green are at minimum serviceable from deep.

I mean, they can hit some shots, but I'd leave them semi-open if it meant keeping Romeo out of the lane.  In fact, I'd rather give them wide open threes than let Romeo drive the lane.  If I don't pack in the defense, Romeo is going to make the layup.  He's a great finisher.  Green and Al might hit the three, but there's no Cline or Bohannon on this team.

14 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Seriously though. I think we all can agree on this. GLASS HAS TO GO. Give Archie another year, of course. But Glass has to go...

I thought you gave up on IU and was not going to watch anymore because it took to much of a toll on you.  Yeah Glass miss way to many shots tonight and couldn't get a big rebound so you are right he should be fired. LOL!  some of you guys really need to get a grip and realize that this is just a sporting event and not to take so seriously.

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

We hold Purdue to 48 points and lose at home. We suffered thought Crean who couldn’t coach defense. The guestion is can Archie coach offense, because we don’t have one. 

I don’t think he can. My biggest fear after we fired Crean was that we would end up with a coach that plays a slow down game like a Wisconsin. Only difference is Wisconsin still wins. I hate the weave and was not a fan of it at Dayton. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe it’s lack of shooters. All I know is we look horrible on that side of the floor. I appreciate the effort tonight, but it’s too late now.

7 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

I think there has to be a concerted effort by the coaching staff to get romeo shots.  Also run Al and Green off some screens to get catch and shoot 3s.  I dont know, why dont we do these things? Maybe that's just not how the game is played anymore.

That would require us to set an off ball screen, which through almost 2 years of Archie doesnt seem to be part of what he runs.

The officiating did not cost us this game. Running zero offense did. Multiple plays romeo (and others) just stood after he made a pass, zero running, no screens, just standing still and watching. I do not see an offense that runs sets for guys. I said before this game that I wanted to see romeo take over and try to score 40+ and it did not happen. Carsen Edward's may have had a horrible game but I at least seemed to feel like he was trying to will his team to victory. I have not seen that attitude or effort from Romeo a single time this season.

Ugly game all the way around for both teams. Ugly season for IU.

Morgan played his ass of and he seems to every game but I think playing out of position so much has worn him down. He had a bad turn over down the stretch but that kid plays hard all the time and I have never questioned his effort. 

Here is an honest question. Where were our major adjustments and changes? What did our coaching staff do or adjust? I get that the coaches cant make shots for the guys but what adjustments did we make. 

32 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It was a defensive clinic for both teams. Al played great defense on Edwards and you guys really locked down Morgan. In the end Haarms gets the winning basket. Might have been lucky...might have been a foul..but that kid just kept playing hard despite a hostel crowd. I just wish half our guys played with that intensity. Big win for you guys....you looked rushed and frenetic all night..but again Cline with those falling down 3s killed us. Good luck the rest of the way!

You too man. Ugly win for sure. 

30 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I think this might be the unluckiest IU team I've ever watched.

Honestly, against Iowa, the last Bohannon three was just GARBAGE, and it sealed the game.

Ohio State hits a well-defended dagger.

Cline falls down and his three bounces up and over into the hoop, and then Morgan finds the only slick spot on the floor.

Four of the last five games, IU hasn't actually played poorly, but it just seems like anytime there's a pass that hits an IU player in the head, for example, it bounces right to Ryan Cline as he's running toward the basket.  I really can't comprehend the number of unlucky bounces I've watched the ball take this year.  

Unluckiest team I've ever watched...

I agree, but bad teams don’t typically find luck easy to come by.

10 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Haarms isn't tough he's soft as cotton. He's a flopping finesse player.

Good point DJ, Haarms should not be added to the list. I sure as hell never wore palmade and flipped my lady killing dirty blonde locks sideways every possession. 

2 minutes ago, Riverrat said:

That would require us to set an off ball screen, which through almost 2 years of Archie doesnt seem to be part of what he runs.

The officiating did not cost us this game. Running zero offense did. Multiple plays romeo (and others) just stood after he made a pass, zero running, no screens, just standing still and watching. I do not see an offense that runs sets for guys. I said before this game that I wanted to see romeo take over and try to score 40+ and it did not happen. Carsen Edward's may have had a horrible game but I at least seemed to feel like he was trying to will his team to victory. I have not seen that attitude or effort from Romeo a single time this season.

Ugly game all the way around for both teams. Ugly season for IU.

Morgan played his ass of and he seems to every game but I think playing out of position so much has worn him down. He had a bad turn over down the stretch but that kid plays hard all the time and I have never questioned his effort. 

Here is an honest question. Where were our major adjustments and changes? What did our coaching staff do or adjust? I get that the coaches cant make shots for the guys but what adjustments did we make. 

Romeo was a beast on defense and on the boards tonight.  I think he defers too much on offense because he's been specifically told not to be a Carsen Edwards clone.

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

It was bad both ways. How Bo Boroski still has a job is beyond me. They missed an obvious goaltend against Carsen. 

He has to do 6 games a week because I seem to see him every ight doing a game.  every time I see he is doing a game I know he will not give us any calls.  I was at the IU/Butler game and I saw him doing the game I told my so that we are in trouble because he hates IU. Within the first two minutes he called a horrible call against us.

10 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought you gave up on IU and was not going to watch anymore because it took to much of a toll on you.  Yeah Glass miss way to many shots tonight and couldn't get a big rebound so you are right he should be fired. LOL!  some of you guys really need to get a grip and realize that this is just a sporting event and not to take so seriously.

I've got a thousand posts and about $1,000 - $2,000 invested in IU over a lifetime. There are people who invest millions. It's about accountability. God forbid I try to hold somebody accountable! How serious do you think I take this? It's a hobby. I come in here between study sessions and class. Believe it or not there's been no vitriol in my posts since I stopped watching last year. I came back posting objectively, and if you wanna really get into it then check my post history as I was highly optimistic coming into the season!

3 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I've got a thousand posts and about $1,000 - $2,000 invested in IU over a lifetime. There are people who invest millions. It's about accountability. God forbid I try to hold somebody accountable! How serious do you think I take this? It's a hobby. I come in here between study sessions and class. Believe it or not there's been no vitriol in my posts since I stopped watching last year. I came back posting objectively, and if you wanna really get into it then check my post history as I was highly optimistic coming into the season!

Well you did come n here last year stating that you were done with IU basketball because you couldn't take it anymore but you are still here.

21 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

I think the big problem is that we've been exposed as a team that has two scorers, and if you can stop Romeo from driving, there's no one that can shoot consistently enough to command the defense's attention.  Morgan also seems pretty exhausted at this point.  He's been going up against guys 2-4 inches taller than him all year.

So basically every team is playing the pack line on us, keying in on Langford, pretty much gifting us good looks from three, and we just can't hit the shots.

Romeo's not getting shots because he literally can't drive it; there's always at least two defenders to stop him, and no one can shoot consistently enough to open up the floor.

IMO, you're spot on - plain and simple.

We, as fans, clamor for Archie to "give the ball" to Romeo or Morgan on every possession and do their thing.  The problem is, opposing coaches prepare for us by focusing their defense on those two guys.  We need reliable options (plural) on offense but there really are none.

Archived