Purdue post game

Indykev

54 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought I could not hate a Purdue player more than Cardinal but I truly dislike Harms with a passion. By the way that was a foul on him going over Morgan's back

After seeing replay, I think it was a good play by Haarms. He didn’t get his body into  Morgan and simply got his hand in there and made a good play. 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Romeo was a beast on defense and on the boards tonight.  I think he defers too much on offense because he's been specifically told not to be a Carsen Edwards clone.

He played decent defense tonight but it was mostly on Eastern who is not a scoring threat. I get it and you have made it clear you are a romeo fan but what has he done to better IU? If our coaching staff keeps telling him to defer that is their mistake. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. IU as a team sucks on offense, so why wouldn't we tell Romeo to take over? 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well you did come n here last year stating that you were done with IU basketball because you couldn't take it anymore but you are still here.

You want an echochamber where you only hear what you want scott? I'm sorry bud, that's not going to happen. A poster had a great point... There's time for the woo hoo! IU posters and there's times for the negative posters to come out. I'm just posting what I feel. If things aren't going right and I think I've got a pulse on it well then I'm going to post it. It's a hobby after all.

Just now, Riverrat said:

He played decent defense tonight but it was mostly on Eastern who is not a scoring threat. I get it and you have made it clear you are a romeo fan but what has he done to better IU? If our coaching staff keeps telling him to defer that is their mistake. You miss 100% of the shots you never take. IU as a team sucks on offense, so why wouldn't we tell Romeo to take over? 

He is double teamed on every single drive.  Once Romeo goes to the pros, it will be evident that our offensive game'-planning did not feature his skills.

I was at the game.  Fans were great and I feel like the team had energy.  Great defensive effort.  Other random thoughts:

Edwards travels or carried the ball every play, his carry is so pronounced it’s jist wow

i have no idea why when Harms came back in with 6 minutes left they didn’t go right at him.  Davis should have been in there pounding at Harms and drawing that fifth foul.  They went at him once and Juan dribbled the ball out of bounds.  I think Davis would have drawn that fifth foul had be gotten a chance to.

I have never seen a team missed so many bunnies, especially one player in particular.  It’s almost an art to miss that many bunnies.

I told my wife IU should have stole that friendly rim from Breslin after the win there.  The only game the rim has been kind all year.

I had no problem with the shot at the end.  Juan could have cemented his legacy at IU with that.  Romeo could have helped making that free throw but both those missed opportunities are the story of this season.

McRoberts looks so much better.  He played a solid game in my mind was best to let him sit and heal similar to what they did with Davis.

Watching Hunter stand there during warmups you can tell he wants to play so bad.  I feel for that kid.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

He is double teamed on every single drive.  Once Romeo goes to the pros, it will be evident that our offensive game'-planning did not feature his skills.

I agree with your first part, but he better improve his shot if he’s going to feature his skills in the NBA. His long distance range has been dreadful this year.

12 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It was bad both ways. How Bo Boroski still has a job is beyond me. They missed an obvious goaltend against Carsen. 

I wouldn't say obvious. After looking at it again, sure. But during live action, I wouldnt have guessed goaltend. And if you call that and it's not a goaltend, you're in bigger trouble. I could certainly point out plenty other "obvious" calls. There was a play when Justin Smith was down low, backing down the defender, and was literally hugged for a quick second.

Agree on Bo. No idea how some of these guys have jobs. 

At the end of the day, the NCAA is a rich, rich organization. Pay good refs and make them full time. Make them referee every night. Over the past few years, I've grown to respect NBA refs. From the fouling perspective, I dont see too many calls where I'm screaming at the TV. I dont see too many games being decided by refs. I dont see too many "homer" calls

2 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I agree with your first part, but he better improve his shot if he’s going to feature his skills in the NBA. His long distance range has been dreadful this year.

It has been much better the last 10 games.  The NBA scouts are noticing that.  He is going to start moving back up the draft boards.

.....speaking on behalf of most IU fans on here I share a high level of disdain for a tall, thin Purdue player with funny hair.........Immediately after the final buzzer sounded and Purdue was celebrating, the camera zoomed in on this  "said" player's face.

What he said to his cheering team mates, as he celebrated, went right through me! He yelled, "F**K THIS SCHOOL!" I read it on his lips and heard it through the TV. 😠

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I really, really miss Bob Knight's offensive game-planning.

You and me both...I just miss his game planning in general.  I have said it before but this year has been so deflating.  On the rare occasions that I actually see a game (like tonight) I just end up pissed off.  IU basketball has become like a verbally abusive girlfriend, you love her based on the good times you had but spending time with her now just makes you miserable.  You know you should break up or take a break but you keep hanging around hoping to catch that magic again.

I know that sports and IU basketball is a really insignificant thing in the scheme of things, so take that in this context, but I hate Myles Brand and all the idiots who have followed him for what they have done to this program.  It is not even enjoyable, yet my stupid (expletive deleted) keeps showing up to get kicked in the balls every year thinking, "this is it, we should finally be moving in the right direction".

What an idiot I am.

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

.....speaking on behalf of most IU fans on here I share a high level of disdain for a tall, thin Purdue player with funny hair.........Immediately after the final buzzer sounded and Purdue was celebrating, the camera zoomed in on this  "said" player's face.

What he said to his cheering team mates, as he celebrated, went right through me! He yelled, "F**K THIS SCHOOL!" I read it on his lips and heard it through the TV. 😠

May make you mad but I wish we had guys who had the same feelings. It just seems that since our beat down that Crean put on them in mackey that Painter gets his team to buy in to the rivalry and feel the hate. 

I miss the old days where both teams got it and fought to win. IU players have not shown that fire for a while now.

2 minutes ago, Riverrat said:

May make you mad but I wish we had guys who had the same feelings. It just seems that since our beat down that Crean put on them in mackey that Painter gets his team to buy in to the rivalry and feel the hate. 

I miss the old days where both teams got it and fought to win. IU players have not shown that fire for a while now.

Very true!!!

9 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I don’t blame him. Caught crap from the fans all night and made the winning tip-in. Sheehy, Fife etc would have done the same thing and I would have loved it.

12 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I mean the crowd did yell “F*** you Haarms” multiple times so that response isn’t that far-fetched.

23 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Agreed. They got a lucky bounce. It happens. One possession doesn't decide a game.

Yes, it very much does. If they don't get that basket it goes to OT. If you're saying we could have done other things better and won anyway, of course we could have. But then you're just saying we have to win by more than 1. 

I agree that was a good no call, but a couple of the calls on phinisee, the no call on Smith at the basket, the bucket taken away from Davis: those were terrible. We could have still won , but that's saying we have to win by 6 for the scoreboard to show us winning by 1. 

41 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

I've got a thousand posts and about $1,000 - $2,000 invested in IU over a lifetime. There are people who invest millions. It's about accountability. God forbid I try to hold somebody accountable! How serious do you think I take this? It's a hobby. I come in here between study sessions and class. Believe it or not there's been no vitriol in my posts since I stopped watching last year. I came back posting objectively, and if you wanna really get into it then check my post history as I was highly optimistic coming into the season!

I'll vouch for that. Not sure where I land on Archie's offensive schemes and if we're gonna be good enough on offense to compete at a high level in the long run on Archie, but I appreciate your positions and statistics. Hope the studying is going well! 

8 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Yes, it very much does. If they don't get that basket it goes to OT. If you're saying we could have done other things better and won anyway, of course we could have. But then you're just saying we have to win by more than 1. 

I agree that was a good no call, but a couple of the calls on phinisee, the no call on Smith at the basket, the bucket taken away from Davis: those were terrible. We could have still won , but that's saying we have to win by 6 for the scoreboard to show us winning by 1. 

That was a dicey call on Romeo for the 1/1 where he missed the second late. You want to bring that one up? What about the the bogus technical and foul on Haarms? You can cherry pick 20 calls a game but you're homing in on the 'over the back' that they'd never call there for the game winner. It was debatable if they call it at any point to begin with. So ultimately my point is you're complaining about a noncall if you choose to complain in this situation. 

Archived