Purdue post game

Indykev

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ArchieBall13 said:

I'll vouch for that. Not sure where I land on Archie's offensive schemes and if we're gonna be good enough on offense to compete at a high level in the long run on Archie, but I appreciate your positions and statistics. Hope the studying is going well! 

It's going really well! I debated going to medical school but I settled on Surgical FA since I'm in my 30's the scope of my practice is pretty substantial for the time spent in school so I'm stoked! This place is a little outlet in between study sessions so I appreciate yall listening to my ramblings. 

6 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

That was a dicey call on Romeo for the 1/1 where he missed the second late. You want to bring that one up? What about the the bogus technical and foul on Haarms? You can cherry pick 20 calls a game but you're homing in on the 'over the back' that they'd never call there for the game winner. It was debatable if they call it at any point to begin with. So ultimately my point is you're complaining about a noncall if you choose to complain in this situation. 

No, I have no problem with the no call there, it should not have been a foul. I was just taking issue with the statement that one possession doesn't decide a game. I was more broadly taking issue with the idea often expressed on forums that one bad call doesn't decide a game because the team still could have won.... though I realize that was not your point. 

All this talk about wanting players who hate to lose.  How about a coaching staff that hates to lose?  “Drastic Changes”, “Deal Breaker”...Enough lip service.  I want to see the fire in the coach.  Get a T, light into the refs after the poor call after poor call?  Show your team you are as invested as you expect them to be?

1 minute ago, HoosierDom said:

No, I have no problem with the no call there, it should not have been a foul. I was just taking issue with the statement that one possession doesn't decide a game. I was more broadly taking issue with the idea often expressed on forums that one bad call doesn't decide a game because the team still could have won.... though I realize that was not your point. 

Gotcha. Veering off a a little bit because we're on the same page here. That's a big reason why I'm not a proponent of a highly defensive / slow tempo system. I'd love to argue against it but I can't because UM/Nova have perfected it. 

40 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

That was a dicey call on Romeo for the 1/1 where he missed the second late. You want to bring that one up? What about the the bogus technical and foul on Haarms? You can cherry pick 20 calls a game but you're homing in on the 'over the back' that they'd never call there for the game winner. It was debatable if they call it at any point to begin with. So ultimately my point is you're complaining about a noncall if you choose to complain in this situation. 

I consider myself to be a fairly unbiased fan;  I thought both of those calls where correct. Maybe the tech on Haarms is nothing, but if they were going to call it it was on him. I also think if they called a foul on Haarms the last play it would have been a TERRIBLE call. 

That’s just a back-breaking loss. I hope the effort, which was excellent, doesn’t end up being a one-time thing because of the loss. This team would have 3 or so more wins if they played that hard the last six weeks. 

Was proud of Langford, especially in the first half, because he set the tone for how hard IU’s had to play tonight early on. It was the first time I saw him as a leader. On the negative side, he just flat out has to work harder to get open. People are complaining about not going to Langford on several possessions down the stretch, but both the play where Juwan slipped and the last play at the end were for Langford but he couldn’t get open. Not the first time he’s struggled to get open. 

The reason Davis wasn’t in on defense the last several minutes is because Purdue would have exposed him with screens, both on-ball and off. 

Archie has got to find a way to get some shot makers on this roster. 

8 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Q. When is over the top, not called  ?

A. When PU is playing IU. 

Live I thought it should have been called, then the replay in slow motion Harms actually did go straight up and didn't move Morgan out of the way.  The problem was he was giving up 7 inches.  Jmo, I know it won't be popular.  I would have called it over the back live but the replay wasn't as egregious as I thought initially.  

Didn't sleep much. Sick to my stomach about the ending, no call,etc....eventually Archie is going to either have to get a T or work these officials more. Bo Boroski might actually be one of the worst officials in Big 10 history for plenty of teams and yet Archie sits there no big deal. Eventually enough is enough.

Regarding game. If Morgan hits one of the 85 3 footers he missed. We win. Edwards is who I thought he was. Not a very good shooter at all. Good luck to him in Slovakia. 

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't sleep much. Sick to my stomach about the ending, no call,etc....eventually Archie is going to either have to get a T or work these officials more. Bo Boroski might actually be one of the worst officials in Big 10 history for plenty of teams and yet Archie sits there no big deal. Eventually enough is enough.

Regarding game. If Morgan hits one of the 85 3 footers he missed. We win. Edwards is who I thought he was. Not a very good shooter at all. Good luck to him in Slovakia. 

You think it should’ve been over the back on Haarms?

15 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I see him outreaching Morgan. It was definitely a good no-call. Morgan should’ve done a better job boxing out. 

I thought it was a good no call. There were plenty of really bad calls that went Purdue's way, that call just wasn't one of them IMO. 

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

Live I thought it should have been called, then the replay in slow motion Harms actually did go straight up and didn't move Morgan out of the way.  The problem was he was giving up 7 inches.  Jmo, I know it won't be popular.  I would have called it over the back live but the replay wasn't as egregious as I thought initially.  

Appreciate it. I did not watch the replay. Replay's suck ! IMO, they don't always get it right.  Even many announcers agree. 

Very few officials are going to make that call in that situation, and they shouldn't - it's definitely not egregious. Those complaining about the officiating need to try to be more objective - there were calls/no calls that didn't go Purdue's way, too. The missed goaltending was one of them, and the T they called only on Haarms instead of a double T, which gave him his fourth foul and sent him to the bench, among others. It wasn't a well officiated game, but it certainly didn't give either team any sort of advantage. 

We lost because of our horrendous offense (looking at you, Archie), the usual inability to hit open 3s (looking at you, Juwan), and we let Edwards walk right down the lane without much of a challenge in a key situation (looking at you, Justin). At least the effort was there last night, but this team should have been playing with this passion for the last 2 months. 

Archived