Purdue post game

Indykev

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Fred Glass made a derogatory comment in public comparing fans calling for Crean's head to people who self harm once; he has ZERO moral authority to call the students out. 

Everyone here on this fabulous forum, knows that I have been in Mr. Glass's corner.  But to call the students out via social media ?  That's all wrong. Instead, he should have pulled a Bobby Knight.... gotten on the mic... and called the students out THAT WERE AT THE GAME.  Do it then. Not after IU gets called out on "Parden the Interuption".  I tell you, if I were a student who was not at the PU game, and got that in my inbox.... I would seriously consider never attending another home game this season, or maybe ever again.

Mr. Glass. I am still in your corner.  However you now have two big strikes against you.  Number one is when you denied IU fans and students a game in Assembly Hall when the NIT offered an invite.  And now... when you turn around  and call  out the ENTIRE IU student body on social media ?

Still in your corner, Mr. Glass. But....you have moved onto thin ice with this diehard IU fan.  One more strike, and you are out for me.   I'm warning you. I have friends in high places.

This where I am at with this Fred Flass and F*** Y** chant. #1 I really think Fred is trying to look like the bigger man in this situation for PR reasons. #2 Fred Glass could have stopped it anytime last night. I saw Dakich tweet he was right behind Chuck Crabbe.

#3 At this point I would let the college JRs/SRs say whatever they want at this point. Why?? Well a) they’re still coming to the games. B.) they haven’t seen either football/basketball successful. 

#4 By Fred Glass sending this stuff out to college fans they will continue to do what they’re doing. I just think it will be directed more towards Glass. I ultimately think Fred’s journey as the IU AD is coming to an end. I think once college students start researching/seeing tweets about Fred’s history at IU “ugly” actually may sit in. The I’m a Hoosier segments might want to take off Fred Glass because I could only imagine.

36 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

Wasn’t there a time wayyyy back in the day when Nancy Knight got on the PA system to admonish the crowd? Coach Knight May have done it as well. If that didn’t happen last night, im kind of surprised, tbh.

I remember coach Knight getting on the PA system yelling at the students. He ended it with this isn't Purdue.

3 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

This where I am at with this Fred Flass and F*** Y** chant. #1 I really think Fred is trying to look like the bigger man in this situation for PR reasons. #2 Fred Glass could have stopped it anytime last night. I saw Dakich tweet he was right behind Chuck Crabbe.

#3 At this point I would let the college JRs/SRs say whatever they want at this point. Why?? Well a) they’re still coming to the games. B.) they haven’t seen either football/basketball successful. 

#4 By Fred Glass sending this stuff out to college fans they will continue to do what they’re doing. I just think it will be directed more towards Glass. I ultimately think Fred’s journey as the IU AD is coming to an end. I think once college students start researching/seeing tweets about Fred’s history at IU “ugly” actually may sit in. The I’m a Hoosier segments might want to take off Fred Glass because I could only imagine.

This could be the first time since 1973 that at least one IU player has not gone to the NCAAT during his stay at IU.  Imagine that.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Everyone here on this fabulous forum, knows that I have been in Mr. Glass's corner.  But to call the students out via social media ?  That's all wrong. Instead, he should have pulled a Bobby Knight.... gotten on the mic... and called the students out THAT WERE AT THE GAME.  Do it then. Not after IU gets called out on "Parden the Interuption".  I tell you, if I were a student who was not at the PU game, and got that in my inbox.... I would seriously consider never attending another home game this season, or maybe ever again.

Mr. Glass. I am still in your corner.  However you now have two big strikes against you.  Number one is when you denied IU fans and students a game in Assembly Hall when the NIT offered an invite.  And now... when you turn around  and call  out the ENTIRE IU student body on social media ?

Still in your corner, Mr. Glass. But....you have moved onto thin ice with this diehard IU fan.  One more strike, and you are out for me.   I'm warning you. I have friends in high places.

How about when he basically said that people who donate $100 really don’t get an opinion or their opinions don’t matter or something like that....I think it was a couple years back, on Indy Talk radio or a TV interview, when people started calling, with fervor, for crean’s dismissal.  I lost all respect for him after that...

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Going way back he also “sold”a home Big Ten football game against PSU.  Played in DC if I remember correctly.  

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

I remember going to a game about 5 years earlier (82-84ish)  and the crowd started changing "bull%%%" after a technical was assessed. BK got on the mike and put an end to it. I think I went to two games where that happened. Props to Henderson for objecting to the chant. I always hated those big heads that Crean had  and distributed to the students. BK wouldn't let the band distract the FT shooter. I have always had issues with BK, but his insistence on crowd behavior was commendable.

39 minutes ago, macomb hoosier said:

I remember going to a game about 5 years earlier (82-84ish)  and the crowd started changing "bull%%%" after a technical was assessed. BK got on the mike and put an end to it. I think I went to two games where that happened. Props to Henderson for objecting to the chant. I always hated those big heads that Crean had  and distributed to the students. BK wouldn't let the band distract the FT shooter. I have always had issues with BK, but his insistence on crowd behavior was commendable.

I’m gonna look in that Bob Hammel book I’ve got about the 74-75 team.. I’m pretty sure there’s a picture in there of Nancy Knight with a microphone in her hand at AH.

18 hours ago, southsidehoosier said:

I think I hate Doyel out of any "Indiana" writer or broadcaster

https://twitter.com/GreggDoyelStar/status/1098219975851077634

You watch - he and Dakich will be IU's biggest fans when/if they turn it around, and the moment they trip up they'll both be there to pounce.  Doyel will say the worst things about players that come across as pretty personal and unprofessional, only to turn around and write the most over-the-top article about how great they are when they're doing well.

16 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Hahahahahaha

This is really lame. Good news is, no one under the age of 25 uses e-mail unless required at work.

I know people who work in college admissions offices who say that prospective students never read or respond to e-mail, but their parents will

I suspect the 12 students who read this said whiskey-tango-foxtrot, who's Fred Glass?

Archived