The Bench...

cohete15

I think another challenge playing a factor is, do you damage a young players psyche permanently if they are asked to do too much because of the circumstance?  We can all see in short spurts Damezi, Jake, and Moore aren't ready to play a prime role.  Obviously confidence is already an issue with this team.  I just have to think balancing developing for the future with putting the best team on the floor is much more complicated with this team due to the numerous injuries. 

Let's say we permanently sit two certain players. How do we now divide those minutes? I'd have to think we need a walk-on guard to play. And what if one of our starting guards gets in foul trouble?  The post position gets much easier to replace with DeRon getting back in game shape and Race working on it. Mcroberts looks to be the person to give Romeo a break right now.

I don't know. Tough spot coach Miller is in. As the saying goes, "If you find yourself living in a van down by the river, and think it couldn't get any worse, you could always lose your van!"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This the way I see it(once again).  Juwan, De'Ron, Romeo, Al, and Rob I have no issues with.  I could probably throw McRoberts into that group even though he doesn't shoot.  The issues lie with Smith, Green, and Fitzner.  Now no one on here can convince me that they need to be playing so much.  And you can't tell me their minutes couldn't be divided between Cliff, Race, Jake, and Damezi.  

8 minutes ago, rico said:

This the way I see it(once again).  Juwan, De'Ron, Romeo, Al, and Rob I have no issues with.  I could probably throw McRoberts into that group even though he doesn't shoot.  The issues lie with Smith, Green, and Fitzner.  Now no one on here can convince me that they need to be playing so much.  And you can't tell me their minutes couldn't be divided between Cliff, Race, Jake, and Damezi.  

Totally agree.  The only question is who takes the guard/ball handling minutes?  Damezi is not a strong ball handler at this point. Remember Arkansas?  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

If he wanted to get rid of 6, then Al may have been in that number.  That would have been dropping someone that did not deserve it.  And for that matter, if Freddie was on that list as I have speculated below, he did not deserve it either.

Priller

McSwain?  

Green

Jones

Moore

Smith/Al/Newkirk

I can't see a scenario where Johnson, Morgan, DeRon or Hartman would have been among the 6.

Your list looks about right to me  Should we count Gelon among the six?  If so, that is four of the six who aren't here this year.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

If he wanted to get rid of 6, then Al may have been in that number.  That would have been dropping someone that did not deserve it.  And for that matter, if Freddie was on that list as I have speculated below, he did not deserve it either.

Priller

McSwain

Green

Jones

Moore

Smith/Al/Newkirk

I can't see a scenario where Johnson, Morgan, DeRon or Hartman would have been among the 6.

McSwain fits the prototype mentality of an Archie player.  

Archived