Romeo Garland Poll  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which one happens?

• We get only Romeo
    • We get only Garland
    • We get both
    • We don't get either one

9 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

Love the optimism on here. Sticking my by stance that we miss out on both. I'll be right here with egg on my face if we land either. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong. I've gone back and forth in my head a million times with this one. 

The power of negative thinking. 

17 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

The power of negative thinking. 

Nah, going off our history with landing these types of players... The big 10's (lack of) history with landing these types of players... The big ten's / our lack of success in the tournament compared to UNC, Kansas, UCLA and UK's results as a team and results at getting players in the league. I just think it's a lot to ask of these kids to jump into an unknown (archie has no experience with top talent and we've had one legit season since 02 on a national scale) when you have as close to a sure thing as you can get right in front of you. I'm just trying to put a different spin on things and being honest / neutral. I won't deny the momentum we have at the moment but I need to see it happen before I get all gung ho and giddy. If we land both then it's game over and we should turn into the Kansas of the Big 10 (regularly bringing in top 15 players, locking up the state). 

This shouldn't be an echo chamber on here with everyone agreeing (not that it necessarily is). 

16 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I voted for Romeo only...although obviously I hope I'm wrong and we land both. Just feels like Garland has some genuine interest in Vanderbilt from everything I have been reading. Hopefully his dad gets him to see things through cream and crimson glasses!

His dad has close personal ties with Coach Drew at Vanderbilt.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Garland's dad also sounds like he loves Indiana and he played High School basketball in state as well.

Yes, that's true.  I'm just saying don't underestimate ties his dad has with Coach Drew.  His dad came back to NW Indiana and coached HS and college teams, and he sought out Coach Drew's advice.  Coach Drew gave him freely a lot of guidance. 

1 hour ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Be interesting to see what the poll numbers look like now that Jerry Meyer has made a strong pick for both Romeo and Darius to IU......

I agree.  Mentioned somewhere else, that the tendency is for others, especially the early, early pickers, tend to follow Meyer, after they have had a chance to find out why he has changed his pick.  And the later, the better.... generally. 

17 minutes ago, Zuckerkorn said:

I'm not voting - I don't want to jinx it.  Things do look quite good for us though.

I haven't voted yet either. Trying to absorb all this info coming fast and furious. At this point, think I'll just wait and vote the eve of their announcement day in an effort to boost my poll accuracy :D

For whatever reason, and I know I am definitely in the minority here, I have the feeling we are almost certainly going to get Garland, but I'm not so sure about Romeo. Can't really put my finger on it, I'm just not sold that we have Romeo in the bag like everyone else seems to assume.

On 10/24/2017 at 5:50 PM, ADegenerate said:

Love the optimism on here. Sticking my by stance that we miss out on both. I'll be right here with egg on my face if we land either. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong. I've gone back and forth in my head a million times with this one. 

Kind of covers both and all sides pretty well, right? There was a time in May I thought no way with new coach. Right now I've got Romeo around 65% and Garland around 50% but if Romeo were to say yes to us...I have Garland almost at a lock. Wish there was a way to get Romeo to speed up timeline.

At this time I say we get Romeo. Garland to Vandy.

Archived