Romeo Garland Poll  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which one happens?

• We get only Romeo
    • We get only Garland
    • We get both
    • We don't get either one

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Kind of covers both and all sides pretty well, right? There was a time in May I thought no way with new coach. Right now I've got Romeo around 65% and Garland around 50% but if Romeo were to say yes to us...I have Garland almost at a lock. Wish there was a way to get Romeo to speed up timeline.

At this time I say we get Romeo. Garland to Vandy.

Gut feeling guess or from a source?

24 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Gut feeling guess or from a source?

Unfortunately I have better sources at 3 other Big Ten schools....my only source for IU hoops isn't sharing anymore. He shared with us over beers last year at a dive bar near Lake Monroe and a friend of a friend ran to the message boards. Since that time. All bottled up. 

In terms of recruiting...My %'s are based on reading tea leaves between the people who I know opinions count. Garland is probably wanting to say yes quickly to hometown team but he has to know deep down that if Romeo says to him before November 8th or so that he's going to IU....I would think it would be impossible for Garland to say no to IU. Reason being simple. Garland isn't getting the notoriety at Vandy he will at IU. Dish and Swish is pretty attractive and besides UK, Kansas, UNC and Duke....there isn't a bigger stage in hoops. Helps him advertise his skill set in conjunction with Romeo. 

We'll see. As I said. In May I thought no way. Now? Strangely feeling good on at least one.

Edit: I'll just say this. If you live near Bloomington or stay at Four Winds or Rent at Eagle Pointe....head over to the Fairfax Inn. You might run into a former PGA Pro or former Attorney General or former Marion county prosecutor or former all star 3B....funny what you find out hanging out at a bar with $7 pitchers and 8 stools.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Unfortunately I have better sources at 3 other Big Ten schools....my only source for IU hoops isn't sharing anymore. He shared with us over beers last year at a dive bar near Lake Monroe and a friend of a friend ran to the message boards. Since that time. All bottled up. 

In terms of recruiting...My %'s are based on reading tea leaves between the people who I know opinions count. Garland is probably wanting to say yes quickly to hometown team but he has to know deep down that if Romeo says to him before November 8th or so that he's going to IU....I would think it would be impossible for Garland to say no to IU. Reason being simple. Garland isn't getting the notoriety at Vandy he will at IU. Dish and Swish is pretty attractive and besides UK, Kansas, UNC and Duke....there isn't a bigger stage in hoops. Helps him advertise his skill set in conjunction with Romeo. 

We'll see. As I said. In May I thought no way. Now? Strangely feeling good on at least one.

Edit: I'll just say this. If you live near Bloomington or stay at Four Winds or Rent at Eagle Pointe....head over to the Fairfax Inn. You might run into a former PGA Pro or former Attorney General or former Marion county prosecutor or former all star 3B....funny what you find out hanging out at a bar with $7 pitchers and 8 stools.

And that's just SOME of our moderating team!

On 10/31/2017 at 7:32 PM, Seeking6 said:

The only thing I ever got out of the Fairfax Inn was a ex-wife...

Archived