Boeheim car accident

Reacher

1 hour ago, Zuckerkorn said:

A tragedy for all involved.

Considering how much time coaches spend on the road with recruiting, it's kind of surprising it doesn't happen more often (auto accidents).

True. Very true.  I recall the time when Tom Crean's wife banned him from texting while driving. He blew it off, until one day, he admitted to running off the road while texting.

I realize that the Boeheim thing is different.  However your point is well taken. These coaches spend a ton of time on the road... and it's surprising that incidents don't happnen more often.

I'll say this. Good friend of mine here in Indy hit a pedestrian downtown several years ago (9 or so). Pedestrian was drunk/high, spent a few months in hospital and ultimately died. My friend was returning home from work late at night and just didn't see him. Hopefully Boeheim has a good support system around. My friend still almost a decade later thinks about it almost daily. It never leaves you taking another life. Accident or not. 

No different than

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'll say this. Good friend of mine here in Indy hit a pedestrian downtown several years ago (9 or so). Pedestrian was drunk/high, spent a few months in hospital and ultimately died. My friend was returning home from work late at night and just didn't see him. Hopefully Boeheim has a good support system around. My friend still almost a decade later thinks about it almost daily. It never leaves you taking another life. Accident or not. 

A lot like PTSD.  Some things that haunt you, never leave.  I served during the Viet Nam conflict. And though I am fine.... many of my fellow buddies, still are troubled to this day.

Archived