Tornado warning

Drroogh

So here I sit in my Tornado  bait single wide mobile home in Georgia listening to the sirens in the valley 2 miles away? Phones keep flashing Tornado Warnings and memories of the tornado that crashed through the neighborhood 8 years ago keep running through my head! But God is Good and I'm alright! I'lll let you know how things fared once the sirens stop!

11 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So here I sit in my Tornado  bait single wide mobile home in Georgia listening to the sirens in the valley 2 miles away? Phones keep flashing Tornado Warnings and memories of the tornado that crashed through the neighborhood 8 years ago keep running through my head! But God is Good and I'm alright! I'lll let you know how things fared once the sirens stop!

Wanna go ice fishing?  Hang in there Bro.

Warning is over and not a single drop of rain. Thanks for thinking of us!

And yes Richo I would love to go ice fishing with you!

Just texted my daughter in CA who posted a picture of five snowflakes that people here in Georgia think I'm crazy when I say I miss snow!

12 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Warning is over and not a single drop of rain. Thanks for thinking of us!

And yes Richo I would love to go ice fishing with you!

Just texted my daughter in CA who posted a picture of five snowflakes that people here in Georgia think I'm crazy when I say I miss snow!

Pretty weird weather week for sure. I'm a weather buff so it always fascinates me. Snow in Vegas and LA this week. Indy is doing it's normal thing this weekend. 60 on Saturday with 50 mph winds Saturday night followed by drop to 18 degrees for a low on Sunday. Glad you made it out dry!

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Indiana weather. Almost every year we have 50 plus degree weather on Feb 22 my birthday and cold and snowy for boys basketball sectional a week later. You can almost set the calendar to it.

Happy B-day.

Funny you mentioned that about the sectionals, Dad was asking me about that this morning.  He sets the calendar by it, and he is 78.

12 minutes ago, rico said:

Happy B-day.

Funny you mentioned that about the sectionals, Dad was asking me about that this morning.  He sets the calendar by it, and he is 78.

Thank u and no doubt about it. Cant remember the year 95 maybe I have pics of us playing hoops outside at Hoosier courts shirts vs skins . The neighbors would not do skins just sports bra they were volleyball players. This was on Feb 22 , on Mar 1 sectional championships were played on a Monday because we had 6 inches of snow. 

Man I love me some college!!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm starting to think I need to move! Sunday, once again I'm watching all sorts of tornado warnings and such and have to say as the last wave went thru it got me out of my chair to see what was going on and get ready to dive for cover if I heard the TRAIN coming again like 8 years ago! Turned out other than some small dead stuff coming down all was good again. Unfortunately, just twenty miles to the south in Talbotton, GA there was some pretty severe damage! And FAR worse just sixty miles west 23 people lost their lives. I think, some snow and cold would do me just fine!

13 hours ago, Drroogh said:

So, I'm starting to think I need to move! Sunday, once again I'm watching all sorts of tornado warnings and such and have to say as the last wave went thru it got me out of my chair to see what was going on and get ready to dive for cover if I heard the TRAIN coming again like 8 years ago! Turned out other than some small dead stuff coming down all was good again. Unfortunately, just twenty miles to the south in Talbotton, GA there was some pretty severe damage! And FAR worse just sixty miles west 23 people lost their lives. I think, some snow and cold would do me just fine!

Sad about the devastation that happened down south.  Thoughts and prayers.

As I type it is a balmy 10 degrees with a windchill of -2 here.  

On 3/5/2019 at 4:31 PM, Drroogh said:

You might want to rethink your desire for snow.  At least in the Colorado mountains, which have gotten over 300 inches, so far this winter.

(14) Avalanche slams into cars on Colorado highway 

(14) Cloud of snow blankets highway after avalanche

7 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Be safe in your bomb cyclone Mile!

Thank you.  Funny thing, as I post this (10:30 a.m., March 13 )....  Denver, and my house are currently in the face a major blizzard.  60mph winds, and snow coming down so hard, I can barely see the houses across the street.

We knew it was coming.  First time I have ever seen every Denver metro school district announce they would be closed an entire day before the storm hit.  Normally, school closings are announced the morning of. 

As far as the avalanches.  Those were in the mountains.  And as of today nearly 400 avalanches have been reported since  March 3.  Honestly have never seen an early Spring like this in over 40 years of living in Colorado.

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Thank you.  Funny thing, as I post this (10:30 a.m., March 13 )....  Denver, and my house are currently in the face a major blizzard.  60mph winds, and snow coming down so hard, I can barely see the houses across the street.

We knew it was coming.  First time I have ever seen every Denver metro school district announce they would be closed an entire day before the storm hit.  Normally, school closings are announced the morning of. 

As far as the avalanches.  Those were in the mountains.  And as of today nearly 400 avalanches have been reported since  March 3.  Honestly have never seen an early Spring like this in over 40 years of living in Colorado.

50 degrees and sunny here in Northern Indiana........

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Unreal. Be safe and keep the phones charging while power is on. We had a nice little Indiana spring surprise today. 71 and Sunny in Indy around 3pm. Warm enough to get our doors on the Monon in the first time in weeks. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Unreal. Be safe and keep the phones charging while power is on. We had a nice little Indiana spring surprise today. 71 and Sunny in Indy around 3pm. Warm enough to get our doors on the Monon in the first time in weeks. 

Thanks.  Power is still on.  Over 180,000 poor souls lost power today.

We actually did as you suggested. Charged the phones. Though we still have a land line. Plus we put fresh batteries in all of our portable lights.  Thanks to Roku, I am able to watch tv  news all over the country.  Amazed by the high temps in Indiana today.... as we are getting hit with this blizzard.

Our Governor just declared a state of emergency for the greater Denver Metro area.  Calling out the National Guard to rescue stranded motorists.

A pregnant lady walked into a volunteer fire department this afternoon, in Kiowa, Colorado. They had no time to ask her how she got there.  Before they delivered the baby, right then and there. Because, they could not get their trucks out of the fire house.

This snow is a blessing in disguise.  Lowering wild fires on the front range that normally start to crop up at this time of the year. Farmers calling it white gold, as they prepare to plant. Also lowering the chance of wild fires in the mountains. And the likelihood of ski areas staying open longer than normal closing days.

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks.  Power is still on.  Over 180,000 poor souls lost power today.

We actually did as you suggested. Charged the phones. Though we still have a land line. Plus we put fresh batteries in all of our portable lights.  Thanks to Roku, I am able to watch tv  news all over the country.  Amazed by the high temps in Indiana today.... as we are getting hit with this blizzard.

Our Governor just declared a state of emergency for the greater Denver Metro area.  Calling out the National Guard to rescue stranded motorists.

A pregnant lady walked into a volunteer fire department this afternoon, in Kiowa, Colorado. They had no time to ask her how she got there.  Before they delivered the baby, right then and there. Because, they could not get their trucks out of the fire house.

This snow is a blessing in disguise.  Lowering wild fires on the front range that normally start to crop up at this time of the year. Farmers calling it white gold, as they prepare to plant. Also lowering the chance of wild fires in the mountains. And the likelihood of ski areas staying open longer than normal closing days.

Great to hear on all! Love the little tidbit about white gold. Always a positive! 

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Had a tornado warning at work today. Pretty close to being the real deal. At one point it hailed marble size hail so thick you couldn't see 20 yards. When the hail started to rotating decided no longer fun to watch anymore and got cover. 

You must have gotten the tail end of what we in the front range of Colorado experienced on Wednesday.

RAW: Videos show blizzard, hurricane-force winds slamming Colorado 

Colorado Blizzard Brings Insane Wind Gusts On Eastern Plains 

22 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

You must have gotten the tail end of what we in the front range of Colorado experienced on Wednesday.

RAW: Videos show blizzard, hurricane-force winds slamming Colorado 

Colorado Blizzard Brings Insane Wind Gusts On Eastern Plains 

There were quite a few sightings throughout the ohio valley in indiana and on the Kentucky side with several tornadoes. 

This is a short video of the cell they were following. I'm guessing this is what passed over my location. Looks like a developing wall cloud.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ISPVersailles/status/1106256323602235392

I will say I would rather have a couple hours of this and a warm sunny aftermath than what so many people are dealing with your way. 

• 3 months later...

Archived