Iowa Game Thread

Just now, Indykev said:

We are making it ugly....love it.

That's exactly how we were winning earlier in the year.

And, let's be honest, outside of the total letdown at Minnesota, every game since MSU has been a toss-up going into the last minute.  The difference has been that we just don't have a veteran/consistent three point shooter or go-to guy and the teams we've played do.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Milehi Fan said:

Why Fran would play anything beside zone defense against us is beyond my understanding.  I think Crean could generate a better zone offense than we can tonight.

Not sure what’s wrong with our zone offense? We’re getting the ball in the middle, but outside if Fitzner nobody has been able to make a play there when they get it. Guys need to execute  

If we didn’t miss about 4 wide open 3’s it would be a different game. 

1 minute ago, Between2Halls said:

Late to the chat so may have missed this earlier. That stat about FG% out of Conference vs in conference is crazy. Did I hear it right? Led nation out of conference and #12 in BT??

The stat was:

First 16 games we were 2nd in the country in FG%

Last 10 we were 9th worst FG% in the country

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Not sure what’s wrong with our zone offense? We’re getting the ball in the middle, but outside if Fitzner nobody has been able to make a play there when they get it. Guys need to execute  

Someone needs to let our team know we are not a good three point shooting team.

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Race needs to be given the green light, or have a little confidence in the middle of that zone. 

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

If Morgan and Romeo can get going, we have a decent shot. This is a game we can steal. 40 minutes! 

I just keep waiting for Langford to go on a run, but it hasn’t happened in a while. When was the last time he just went off? Seems like it’s been a while. 

5 minutes ago, Milehi Fan said:

Why Fran would play anything beside zone defense against us is beyond my understanding.  I think Crean could generate a better zone offense than we can tonight.

Nothing wrong with the offense. The ball is going where its supposed to... inside and back out for open 3's.  Race just wasnt a threat when he was in the middle..  Fitz took advantage when he moved into that spot

2 minutes ago, ephul said:

Race needs to be given the green light, or have a little confidence in the middle of that zone. 

I don’t think it’s a “green light” thing. It’s not like the staff would tell him not to shoot it there. I think you nailed it with confidence. He needs to get his legs under him. It would be great if he could get an easy put back and maybe a little dump off for a couple buckets. Just see it go in and then he’ll be off and running. 

Archived