Iowa Postgame Thread

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

That is why I wish we could have gotten Aaron Henry over Anderson because he has a very high basketball IQ and knows ow to play to is strengths.

Nothing we can do about it now. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him transfer. I could see him taking Kline’s place at Purdue 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

That is why I wish we could have gotten Aaron Henry over Anderson because he has a very high basketball IQ and knows ow to play to is strengths.

I know your history there.....but by every account AH had his chance. When presented Damezi said yes to Archie/IU after Painter was heavily involved with Damezi for years.

9 hours ago, hoosier_exotics said:

Im still going with Armaan,  as next years Rob.  Exceeding expectations from the jump

Screenshot_20190224-151301_Twitter.jpg

Here's the thing about Franklin. We have tons of recruiting services, coaches, coverage,etc....and not many mentioned him at all last season. Recruiting didn't pick up until summer of 18. Even at that time not many here or elsewhere were thrilled with addition of Franklin. Just by eye test. Kid looks like a pretty good player with size/strength ready to contribute next year. Shot looks smooth too. Eye test only on my part. When I watch him play and see highlights I see another RP type (not position) who isn't afraid of the stage he'll be on. 

24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's the thing about Franklin. We have tons of recruiting services, coaches, coverage,etc....and not many mentioned him at all last season. Recruiting didn't pick up until summer of 18. Even at that time not many here or elsewhere were thrilled with addition of Franklin. Just by eye test. Kid looks like a pretty good player with size/strength ready to contribute next year. Shot looks smooth too. Eye test only on my part. When I watch him play and see highlights I see another RP type (not position) who isn't afraid of the stage he'll be on. 

I agree with all of that..  I think he is more athletic than most realize,  and is developing a nice long ball.  Takes pride in his defense, and plays with a chip on his shoulder...  good handles, and is under control and balanced when going to the rim.  I think he is exactly what we need and will be hard to pull off the court

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I know your history there.....but by every account AH had his chance. When presented Damezi said yes to Archie/IU after Painter was heavily involved with Damezi for years.

Aaron Henry didn't have an offer from Indiana until July 16, 2017, after Damezi had already been sitting on one for over a month. When Henry was extended an offer and given his chance, Indiana then took the commitment of three forwards in the following 24 hours. This wasn't a case of Henry taking his time and missing out, this was the staff making a decision to prioritize other targets. Time will tell if their evaluation was correct.

1 hour ago, hoosier_exotics said:

I agree with all of that..  I think he is more athletic than most realize,  and is developing a nice long ball.  Takes pride in his defense, and plays with a chip on his shoulder...  good handles, and is under control and balanced when going to the rim.  I think he is exactly what we need and will be hard to pull off the court

Unless a kid is projected as a can't miss lottery pick in the next year's draft, I would never count on a freshman to play that much of a role. Too many things to adjust to, not the least is putting one's body through the grind of the season against a lot of players older and oftentimes stronger. 

Hope I am wrong on Franklin, but most freshman have an adjustment period to get through

10 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

Aaron Henry didn't have an offer from Indiana until July 16, 2017, after Damezi had already been sitting on one for over a month. When Henry was extended an offer and given his chance, Indiana then took the commitment of three forwards in the following 24 hours. This wasn't a case of Henry taking his time and missing out, this was the staff making a decision to prioritize other targets. Time will tell if their evaluation was correct.

Archie's evaluation maybe had more to do with some off the court things. There's a reason AH visited and didn't get an official offer for a few weeks. Spend a couple hours on Google/Youtube and you can find some videos. Other history as well. I know kids will be kids. I get it....but if 2 players are somewhat equal sometimes character comes into play. Otherwise it's all in the past. No need for a history lesson. 

Archived