Iowa Postgame Thread

Ugh, tired of reposting messages and last took forever. Officiating sucked, but 12-22 at the line and several were front ends won't cut it. That's under 50%if you count those. 10 assists on 11 TOs.

Loved that Fitz knew how to attack zone at top of key, but he's the only one.  I liked RP,Archie using the bench, getting fired up,  DD, and Juwan.

Iowa did what teams playing in March do, even tho we looked better and played hard tonight. This team just can't put it together. 

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Key stretch was we were up 4 and RP missed the easy layup and Morgan missed and layup as well and we missed two free throws in the same time period.  I looked at the score  and we were down 2 and thought it should be at least 8 to 10 point lead.  In the end it was missed free throws that is what caused us to lose.  I better not see anyone complaining about Archie tonight because he  coached his but off and was working the refs tonight.  Was very proud of the team tonight even in a loss because they left it all out on the court tonight.

Mu complaint once again is Green because he just won't play under control and just make the good basketball play.  If we had some more depth in the back court we could bench him like Archie did Smith in the second half.

1 minute ago, rogue3542 said:

Let's be honest, Bohannon could turn around and shoot on his own hoop and somehow it would still go in for an Iowa three.

Both games this year Bohannon has hit at least two absurd threes to ice it.

Bohannon could toss the ball in the air and fart in the ball's general direction and it'd go in.

3 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Ok I need help from fans smarter than me...

i watched tons of YouTube stuff and followed closely the recruitments of Eric Gordon and Romeo and I’m sorry it is NIGHT AND DAY. I get that the NBA drafts on potential and I’m not saying romeo sucks, he is a VERY good freshman guard but my gosh AJ Guyton was way better as a frosh than he is. Eric Gordon was both more clutch, more confident, and more complete of a guard than romeo. Eric Gordon LOOKED like a top five pick. Romeo does not on Any level in my mind. He looks like a kid who will get chewed up his first year in the NBA. He gets lost in big college games so idk how he’s just gonna flip a switch against talent and athletic ability that’s WAY better than what he’s playing against now. I am lost and looking for an explanation 

If Romeo played on those teams you would think different. This team gives him 0 help. Just pack the lane against us you win.

It’s just a terrible shot when you have Garza on you. He could have drawn a foul on Garza without even trying. Take 2-3 dribbles into the lane, pumpfake, foul. Game over. A step-back three in that situation was the absolutely worst thing to do. 

The bottom line is IU lost because of the free throw line and because Iowa has shot makers when they need it, IU has nobody that could even dream of hitting any of those shots Bohannon made. 

3 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Not really. Rob missed a free throw that would have put us up four and we wouldn’t have to worry about the last shot. 

True. I don’t really mean to say it’s on him, plenty of missed FT’s cost us but I just don’t understand why you choose that low percentage shot when you’re game is to drive. Especially when tied, just get fouled. Then again, we know how that would turned out. Whatever, we played hard, that’s about all I can say. It’s almost become comical at this point. 

Just now, BGleas said:

It’s just a terrible shot when you have Garza on you. He could have drawn a foul on Garza without even trying. Take 2-3 dribbles into the lane, pumpfake, foul. Game over. A step-back three in that situation was the absolutely worst thing to do. 

The bottom line is IU lost because of the free throw line and because Iowa has shot makers when they need it, IU has nobody that could even dream of hitting any of those shots Bohannon made. 

Phinisee begs to differ....just ask Butler.  :coffee:

Archived