Iowa Postgame Thread

2 minutes ago, Zville Hoosier said:

True. I don’t really mean to say it’s on him, plenty of missed FT’s cost us but I just don’t understand why you choose that low percentage shot when you’re game is to drive. Especially when tied, just get fouled. Then again, we know how that would turned out. Whatever, we played hard, that’s about all I can say. It’s almost become comical at this point. 

The most elementary observer knows the refs swallow their whistles on the last possessions of a game.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zville Hoosier said:

True. I don’t really mean to say it’s on him, plenty of missed FT’s cost us but I just don’t understand why you choose that low percentage shot when you’re game is to drive. Especially when tied, just get fouled. Then again, we know how that would turned out. Whatever, we played hard, that’s about all I can say. It’s almost become comical at this point. 

Not saying they cost us the game by any stretch but the refs didn’t help much. I think Romeo didn’t drive because he knows how the refs were calling the game which is to say they really weren’t. He got mauled in there a couple times with no call. Anyway. I think we all had the feeling that the slop the other teams always throws up was coming anyway. 

5 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Ok I need help from fans smarter than me...

i watched tons of YouTube stuff and followed closely the recruitments of Eric Gordon and Romeo and I’m sorry it is NIGHT AND DAY. I get that the NBA drafts on potential and I’m not saying romeo sucks, he is a VERY good freshman guard but my gosh AJ Guyton was way better as a frosh than he is. Eric Gordon was both more clutch, more confident, and more complete of a guard than romeo. Eric Gordon LOOKED like a top five pick. Romeo does not on Any level in my mind. He looks like a kid who will get chewed up his first year in the NBA. He gets lost in big college games so idk how he’s just gonna flip a switch against talent and athletic ability that’s WAY better than what he’s playing against now. I am lost and looking for an explanation 

This is why people can’t get caught up in mock drafts. They are done by the media for speculation. On 1070 the fan this week Mike Wells who works for ESPN sent an NBA person that has been in the league for 30-40 years a text asking if Romeo was a lottery pick and the response he got. Back was “No. This is because he is a scorer that can’t score the way the NBA is played. By hitting threes at a high level”. He also only goes right, right, right, and more right 90% of the time. 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It’s just a terrible shot when you have Garza on you. He could have drawn a foul on Garza without even trying. Take 2-3 dribbles into the lane, pumpfake, foul. Game over. A step-back three in that situation was the absolutely worst thing to do. 

The bottom line is IU lost because of the free throw line and because Iowa has shot makers when they need it, IU has nobody that could even dream of hitting any of those shots Bohannon made. 

This could be the only post in the thread.  It summarizes the game perfectly 

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

Yes he did, but he didn’t have as good of PG play as we have and he had to immediately step in and be the main guard on a team that he HAD to score a ton for and he stepped UP into that role.

He was a drugged up malcontent, but Bassett was a pretty damn good PG.

That team was pretty damn stacked. In addition to DJ and EJ, Ellis, Crawford, Bassett could all score.

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

This is why people can’t get caught up in mock drafts. They are done by the media for speculation. On 1070 the fan this week Mike Wells who works for ESPN sent an NBA person that has been in the league for 30-40 years a text asking if Romeo was a lottery pick and the response he got. Back was “No. This is because he is a scorer that can’t score the way the NBA is played. By hitting threes at a high level”. He also only goes right, right, right, and more right 90% of the time. 

I think it depends on who you ask. There have been other scouts who have said he is a lottery pick. Ask Demar Derozen he doesn’t shoot a ton of threes and he scores at a high level. 

4 minutes ago, CincyHoosier said:

Didn't watch tonight.  It's always tough to make that decision but sounds like I made the right choice.  At least we are competitive now.  I guess there is a bright side. 

It was a great game where we led most of the game but missed to many few throws but you missed a very good game.  If all you look at is the outcome to enjoy the game so maybe you made the right choice.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

It was a great game where we led most of the game but missed to many few throws but you missed a very good game.  If all you look at is the outcome to enjoy the game so maybe you made the right choice.

It's not all I look for but I've always hated losing.  Puts me in a bitter mood. 

Just now, CincyHoosier said:

It's not all I look for but I've always hated losing.  Puts me in a bitter mood. 

Nobody likes to lose but IU played really well tonight and were the better team tonight.  It would be nice to get a few breaks because it seems like we can never catch one. In the first half Weiskemp through up a shot falling down and it went in. We had two layups that rolled all away around the rim and fell out and then the refs missed the ball going out on Cook.

Archived