34 Years Ago Today a Gentleman Helped a Little Old Lady

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I've always thought that the chair throw was always made out to be worse than it actually was.  I actually think it's more funny than anything else.  

As far as sideline meltdowns go, Mike Davis running on the floor smacking his head is a lot worse.

Of course in the overall scheme of life its a big nothing, but I guess what I always thought made it a bigger deal was that he could have hurt someone....maybe even a little old lady 🤣🤣🤣

57 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

1987 - Bobby Knight (He explains why he tossed that chair:)

Posted by Mr.Flynn in another thread, earlier this week. 

One of the few things about the modern world im thankful for is having these videos available.  It allows me to watch games and video clips i was too young to see or before my time.  My dad had some stuff on vhs but thats gone now.  I was about a month and a half from being born when the chair throw happened but now i can watch it and the letterman clip whenever i want. 

I just finished reading "A Season on the Brink" again for the umpteenth time. It actually made me excited about Indiana basketball for the first time in quite awhile. I think what stood out to me more than anything this last read was the connection Knight always made the past culture at Indiana. Who played before. It was so nice to see Romeo Langford talking & spending time with Landon Turner. I think since RMK left, it seems as if the culture at IU isn't as rooted in the past as it had been under Knight. That is probably due to such transitions between Davis, Sampson, Dakich, Crean & Miller, but hopefully that changes. 

25 minutes ago, hoosiermd said:

I just finished reading "A Season on the Brink" again for the umpteenth time. It actually made me excited about Indiana basketball for the first time in quite awhile. I think what stood out to me more than anything this last read was the connection Knight always made the past culture at Indiana. Who played before. It was so nice to see Romeo Langford talking & spending time with Landon Turner. I think since RMK left, it seems as if the culture at IU isn't as rooted in the past as it had been under Knight. That is probably due to such transitions between Davis, Sampson, Dakich, Crean & Miller, but hopefully that changes. 

A Knight time line.  Both good and not so good :

Bob Knight career timeline

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Both good and not so good

Bobby was a wild ride. His IU teams from the early '70s through mid-90's or so were basketball as it was meant to be played.

Everyone on the board should see those teams from '72 through '76. It was ballet; it was magic. Having the Mighty Quinn was a huge part of it.

But there was a Bad Bobby, too.

3 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

One of the few things about the modern world im thankful for is having these videos available.  It allows me to watch games and video clips i was too young to see or before my time.  My dad had some stuff on vhs but thats gone now.  I was about a month and a half from being born when the chair throw happened but now i can watch it and the letterman clip whenever i want. 

On YouTube you can watch a lot of older games which I have done so I can remember what it looks like for IU to be good.  there is a new site which is called thewayitwas64 and they have alot of older ball games on there.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

On YouTube you can watch a lot of older games which I have done so I can remember what it looks like for IU to be good.  there is a new site which is called thewayitwas64 and they have alot of older ball games on there.

The game has changed so much.  It isn't  what I grew up with anymore.  I remember a time when if you had any chance at the next level it was IU or IU.

Archived