Wisconsin Pregame Thread

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think besides PU, Wisconsin is my least favorite B10 team.

Sure they won an NCAA Championship in 1941 (which, by the way, trumps a Helms banner) and they've been good for a few years. But growing up the Badgers and Northwestern we're the 2 easy marks on IU's schedule.

To hear the Sconies I work with now, they're on Duke's level...and Lord, don't even get those people started on the Packers...

It is obvious that this team's defense has really improved these last 3 games due to some obvious changes Archie made. Archie hangs his hat on the pack-line defense.....something he has tried to instill since he first stepped foot on IU's campus. I think we have started to finally see the fruits to his labor. 

I watched the Virginia/Louisville game yesterday. #3 Virginia also hangs it's hat on the pack-line as well. I saw first hand, if done right, how deadly this defense can be. Virginia looked shockingly similar to how IU's defense has been lately. 

I just hope it continues tuesday vs Wisconsin and our offense helps seal the deal.

3 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

It is obvious that this team's defense has really improved these last 3 games due to some obvious changes Archie made. Archie hangs his hat on the pack-line defense.....something he has tried to instill since he first stepped foot on IU's campus. I think we have started to finally see the fruits to his labor. 

I watched the Virginia/Louisville game yesterday. #3 Virginia also hangs it's hat on the pack-line as well. I saw first hand, if done right, how deadly this defense can be. Virginia looked shockingly similar to how IU's defense has been lately. 

I just hope it continues tuesday vs Wisconsin and our offense helps seal the deal.

Your'e right, but don't count on IU's offense. It's frustrating how the Hoosier offense just disappears. Every game.

19 minutes ago, Officer Obie said:

Your'e right, but don't count on IU's offense. It's frustrating how the Hoosier offense just disappears. Every game.

If this improvement started earlier and we had just an average offense.......all we would be complaining about is where we will be seeded in the NCAA tourney.

I said this in the Iowa post game thread, and I will say it again here. If the IU team that showed up in Iowa had shown up all year we wouldn’t be in the mess we are now. We would be talking about what seed we would be. 

I’ve been pretty pessimistic recently but the effort I have seen the last couple of games is encouraging. Someway, somehow I think we find a way to win Tuesday night. 

Archived